Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Now that I actually look at it that dog doesn't give two shits about the people in the picture with it, it's probably at least mildly sedated and is being distracted by its trainer who's standing to the left of the camera man, probably with a grode jar it gets to eat after its done showtime. loving aggie gets all worked up about its wonderdog and can't even figure out what's actually going on.

Also: Hey honey what are you doing we're going to be late for work? Ok hold on I've just got to rip on this dog on the internet really quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

He gon cry

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Upright, mouth closed (yield to alpha)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/938410308162420736

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh gee, another Saban branch!

Let's see how this works out :laffo:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

Upright, mouth closed (yield to alpha)

Thread title

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

iospace posted:

Oh gee, another Saban branch!

Let's see how this works out :laffo:

I mean, at least they're picking from the side of the ball that people should probably try to emulate from Saban? Pruitt has been successful everywhere, just not sure how replacing corny coach-talk rear end in a top hat with brusque rear end in a top hat is the move. Especially when the defense isn't really the issue with UT, so much as keeping the defense from occupying their own wing of the hospital every year.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I sure am excited to fire our coach first but hire one last.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

and it's official

quote:

South Carolina: Kurt Roper has been relieved of duties as South Carolina’s offensive coordinator, the program has announced. Co-offensive coordinator/wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon will call plays for the Gamecocks’ Outback Bowl appearance against Michigan.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know I bitch and moan about the coaching salary bubble a lot but holy poo poo $2.5 million/year for an coordinator position is ridiculous. I know a lot of the supplemental stuff is paid by boosters and that sweet sweet ESPN SEC deal means extra gravy for everyone, but god drat.
That's more per year than any non-P5 head coaching gig. Chad Morris and Scott Frost were the highest paid outside P5 at ~$2m per. Pretty sure that's more than just about all NFL coordinator gigs.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

DJExile posted:

and it's official

South Carolina should hire McElwain as their OC. :downs:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TheGreyGhost posted:

I mean, at least they're picking from the side of the ball that people should probably try to emulate from Saban? Pruitt has been successful everywhere, just not sure how replacing corny coach-talk rear end in a top hat with brusque rear end in a top hat is the move. Especially when the defense isn't really the issue with UT, so much as keeping the defense from occupying their own wing of the hospital every year.

Tennessee was 81st in the nation in total defense per NCAA.com, we might need a little help. To the injury point, that's fair enough but with the recruiting that Butch did you'd think he'd have another guy ready to go buy nope, there's not a lot of depth. He was a great recruiter but loving garbage at developing talent. That's not all on him of course since it was Shoop's defense but apparently he wasn't any good at it either.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just a reminder: there is no such thing as an alpha male, and the guy who coined the term realized his research was bullshit and recanted later, but it was too late. rear end in a top hat bros had already hitched their wagons to that idea.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

Mahoning posted:

Just a reminder: there is no such thing as an alpha male, and the guy who coined the term realized his research was bullshit and recanted later, but it was too late. rear end in a top hat bros had already hitched their wagons to that idea.

Beta spotted.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

got any sevens posted:

I tried popeyes once and it was nothin special :shrug:

That's how I've ended up feeling about every single regional fast food place that people hype up to no end. It's usually pretty decent, but never the amazing ambrosia that it is claimed to be.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

That's how I've ended up feeling about every single regional fast food place that people hype up to no end. It's usually pretty decent, but never the amazing ambrosia that it is claimed to be.

I've always taken it to mean in comparison to McDonald's, Burger King, etc. Like Chik-fil-A is real good for fast food. Could I get a better chicken sandwich or whatever at a restaurant/at home? Yeah definitely. Is it better than average while I'm on the road and cant do one of those things? Absolutely.

Zaxbys has better chicken than any fast food place and most restaurants tho

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Pal's actually owns though

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Pal's actually owns though

Pal's doesn't count because there's only like 2 of them and they're both in east tennessee

e: wow looking at the site there's way more than I remember

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat you idiots, now I want some fuckin Bojangles

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand how petro's made it to Johnson City before pals made it to Knoxville.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

They're building a Zaxby's in Charlottesville about 200 yards from an intersection where there's a Raising Cane's, Popeye's, and KFC in consecutive buildings. "Chicken Row." I never go to any of them, because I can walk a block to the best fried chicken in town at a local place that's been open since the 50s.

On actual topic, who does Notre Dame go after if Kelly goes to the Giants? The cupboard is pretty bare at this point. ND doesn't seem like the type of program that takes a chance on an up and coming P5 coordinator or G5 HC. I said earlier in the thread that I would have pegged Joe Moorhead for Notre Dame (and he would have been really good there), but he already took a job.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Komet posted:

They're building a Zaxby's in Charlottesville about 200 yards from an intersection where there's a Raising Cane's, Popeye's, and KFC in consecutive buildings. "Chicken Row." I never go to any of them, because I can walk a block to the best fried chicken in town at a local place that's been open since the 50s.

On actual topic, who does Notre Dame go after if Kelly goes to the Giants? The cupboard is pretty bare at this point. ND doesn't seem like the type of program that takes a chance on an up and coming P5 coordinator or G5 HC. I said earlier in the thread that I would have pegged Joe Moorhead for Notre Dame (and he would have been really good there), but he already took a job.

Skip Holtz

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Komet posted:

On actual topic, who does Notre Dame go after if Kelly goes to the Giants?

Is this actually a fuckin' thing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

rumors popped up about it a year or two ago but I haven't heard poo poo about it since

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

Kickin' Chickin' Sandwich will change your life and also maybe give you a heart attack

Three chicken fingers with zax sauce and rance on two pieces of texas toast. mmmmmMMMMM

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

There's also a Cookout between the new Zaxby's and the other chicken places, so heart attack alley.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

It was a thing awhile ago, but his stock is a lot lower now for obvious reasons.

I don’t see Kelly leaving unless he gets fired but Notre Dame could go after a lot of guys. Brohm is in the same state and is obviously willing to move since he would have taken the Tennessee job if they weren’t trying to sabotage Currie

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nope, I agree with iospace, bring the native son home

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They put a Zaxby's a couple blocks from Raising Canes on High Street when I was in college and it was open maybe 9 months.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
All things considered at least Taggart won't be around to switch Arizona recruits to Oregon this year.

Zaxby's looks really good, like a better Raising Cane's.

Shappa posted:

Now that I actually look at it that dog doesn't give two shits about the people in the picture with it, it's probably at least mildly sedated and is being distracted by its trainer who's standing to the left of the camera man, probably with a grode jar it gets to eat after its done showtime. loving aggie gets all worked up about its wonderdog and can't even figure out what's actually going on.

Also: Hey honey what are you doing we're going to be late for work? Ok hold on I've just got to rip on this dog on the internet really quick.

Lmao

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lmao if you don't rip on defenseless animals on the clock

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

It was a thing awhile ago, but his stock is a lot lower now for obvious reasons.

I don’t see Kelly leaving unless he gets fired but Notre Dame could go after a lot of guys. Brohm is in the same state and is obviously willing to move since he would have taken the Tennessee job if they weren’t trying to sabotage Currie

There's nothing that really points to that. From what we know now all that happened in regards to Brohm was that there was a voicemail left by Currie wanting to speak with him about the job, which Brohm apparently played for other people. The Jimmy Hyams thing where he said that Brohm was a done deal was supposedly a leak by Fulmer to squash the whole deal. So no real telling if he would have accepted the job except for assumptions.

I just wrote that and even though it's most likely true I still cant believe that's what happened. Like if all that played out in a movie I'd be going "hmm interesting story but that would never happen in real life!!"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

I'm pretty sure Butch Jones is legally obligated to follow Brian Kelly around

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ms whites in phoenix has the best fish sandwich i've ever had and it's a piece of catfish on a slice of dry bread with a crusty bottle of hot sauce on the table. their chicken is ok but americans have been spoiled for years now with pressure fried chicken

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Holy loving poo poo, we actually fired Kurt Roper!!! Christmas came early.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

He's a Cutcliffe disciple and UT alum......Fulmer what are you waiting for?!!!!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Willie Taggart might be the happiest man alive today. He's so loving pumped to be the HC of FSU. That press conference was beautiful.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RumbleFish posted:

You're right in the middle of the will muschamp experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Is Mclendon still on your staff? He was interim coach when Richt left and a Bobo disciple so maybe he gets a look?

• Locked thread