Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Gronk lost his appeal so looks like Ricky Seals-Jones is up!!

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/938172511178588160

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Who's the better TE to grab? Need to grab someone to cover for Gronk.

Brate or Stephen Anderson? Brate right?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kloaked00 posted:

The rest of your post makes sense, but it’s a 4:30p game if I’m not mistaken

Ah yea, I mixed up with the other west coast teams.

For the record, GB is a fine DST stream this week. Also a disclaimer I'm all aboard the Josh Gordon crazy train, and we're gonna ride this to playoffs victory :toot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Who's taking Gronks share in NE?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Who's the better TE to grab? Need to grab someone to cover for Gronk.

Brate or Stephen Anderson? Brate right?

Winston comes back and immediately throws two touchdowns to Brate. He's gold dropped for losing its gleam when the sun went behind a cloud.

pubic works project posted:

I'm rolling with GB over Philly this week. And I guess I'm going to grab Ricky Seals-Jones to play over Gronk.

Any chance Julius Thomas or Cameron Brate is still available? Thomas has been steady for 5-10 points the past 5 weeks, and Winston luuuuuuuvs Brate.

They both made my Week 14 FAAB

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Poque posted:

The Pats running backs and receivers.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Poque posted:

Amendola typically sees an uptick in targets when Gronk is out as Brady's familiar option working the middle of the field. Lewis/Burkhead are also playing great so you could see the Pats lean a little more on them as well. Dwayne Allen will start at TE but is nothing but a desperation TE2 who will most likely disappoint.

I would rather roll the dice with a Stephen Anderson or David Njoku over Dwayne Allen.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Winston comes back and immediately throws two touchdowns to Brate. He's gold dropped for losing its gleam when the sun went behind a cloud.

Any chance Julius Thomas or Cameron Brate is still available? Thomas has been steady for 5-10 points the past 5 weeks, and Winston luuuuuuuvs Brate.

Thanks, i have him as priority #1 and Anderson as #2.

Only #4 waiver but #1 and #2 are out of the playoffs and #3 has Walker and Doyle already so thinking i should be able to get Brate.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Woodhead: pretty much droppable now?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Drunk Nerds posted:

No TE is really slim in this league. People are hoarding 2 and 3 TEs. Best options:

Stephen Anderson vs. SF
Ricky Seals-Jones vs. Ten
Tyler Kroft vs. Chi
Eric Ebron @ TB
Ben Watson @ Pit

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

pubic works project posted:

No TE is really slim in this league. People are hoarding 2 and 3 TEs. Best options:

Stephen Anderson vs. SF
Ricky Seals-Jones vs. Ten
Tyler Kroft vs. Chi
Eric Ebron @ TB
Ben Watson @ Pit
After looking over the numbers and smoking a little weed, I have gotten myself stupidly excited about Stephen Anderson's potential as my Gronk replacement. He saw 12 targets last game! The Texans have a decimated receiving corps so he could see a crazy amount of targets again and the Niners had given up TDs to tight ends in five straight games before they faced Chicago last week.

I lean Anderson first, then probably RSJ. Wouldn't be surprised if Seals-Jones works his magic against the Titans.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In my 10 man work league that also includes 2 teams that never played and we had to autodraft them (yep) that combine for 6 wins all season, I have this team:

Wentz
Julio
AJ Green
LeVeon Bell
Perine
Ertz
Alshon

I will miss the playoffs.

I mostly blame Julio in all honesty.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
News:
If Jordan Reed misses this weekend, here are his standard scoring fantasy points in descending order for every game since his big 3 game outburst in 2015:

Views:
Jesus loving Christ

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

89 posted:

I mostly blame Julio in all honesty.

My early playoff exit.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Julio will blow up because I traded for him.

:ohdear:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Poque posted:

I really really love this post because you got so brain-addled you assumed a single-week tie would be broken by points scored.

"Quick, check their points!" "Dang, they tied."

It was amazing

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Rudolph or Brate for weeks 15 & 16?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

News:
If Jordan Reed misses this weekend, here are his standard scoring fantasy points in descending order for every game since his big 3 game outburst in 2015:

Views:
Jesus loving Christ

That’s ok. He will go for 20+ this week since the guy I’m playing in playoffs will have to play him since his Gronk is suspended.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Alfalfa posted:

Rudolph or Brate for weeks 15 & 16?

If Winston is throwing, Brate by a long shot.

Inspector_666 posted:

After the season ends Yahoo does round ups of who was on the winning rosters across all leagues, right?

You can already sorta do that now in the Research tab, then Who's Hot. You'll see the MVP section, which has the players most rostered on 1st place teams.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Somehow, Evans and Howard are the two players I'm most worried about on my team for this playoff matchup.

Like, I'm more confident in my waivers guys than my 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

How the turntables

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would appreciate someone with more knowledge than me to give a list of the best defenses to own for Week 15 and/or Week 16 so I can get a jump on my opponents and grab them this week.

Thanks! :downs:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sanity check please. I’m about to drop Emmanuel Sanders for Dede Westbrook. Just can’t see myself starting him in the playoffs and my WR situation is not great so I need a stable of value players.

ESPN Standard (no ppr).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

dy. posted:

Sanity check please. I’m about to drop Emmanuel Sanders for Dede Westbrook. Just can’t see myself starting him in the playoffs and my WR situation is not great so I need a stable of value players.

ESPN Standard (no ppr).

Acceptable. No sane person should trust the Broncos, the Jags need wins, and the fantasy playoff schedule is actually alright for 2 games.

Keep in mind Bortles doesn't throw many TD but, you know, Broncos lol.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

News:
That's cherrypicking a bit -- he played all but 1 game of the 2015 season, and it was highly successful and you decided to just include the last game from the season because it was only what, 6.5 points?

Reed has still played more games than Gronk in that window.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I picked up Marquise Goodwin but am thinking of dropping him for Westbrook since Goodwin plays JAX in week 16. Either one of them would be my WR4 (depending on how I feel about Mike Evans these days) so hopefully they're just insurance to begin with.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

I would appreciate someone with more knowledge than me to give a list of the best defenses to own for Week 15 and/or Week 16 so I can get a jump on my opponents and grab them this week.

Thanks! :downs:

Week 15: detroit, new or leans, buffalo, washington
Week 16: chicago, washington

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ughhhhhhhh....I can't decide on my Gronk replacement...!!

Tyler Kroft or Stephen Anderson?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Zauper posted:

That's cherrypicking a bit -- he played all but 1 game of the 2015 season, and it was highly successful and you decided to just include the last game from the season because it was only what, 6.5 points?

Reed has still played more games than Gronk in that window.

How is that cherry picking? Everyone jerks off about those 3 gsmes but he's been mostly garbage and injured since then

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Who would you roster? .75 ppr rb, .5 ppr wr

Keelan Cole (Jags WR)
Tion Green (Det RB)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Week 15: detroit, new or leans, buffalo, washington
Week 16: chicago, washington

Thank you! I currently have Detroit and Chicago, so I guess I'll stand pat.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Thank you! I currently have Detroit and Chicago, so I guess I'll stand pat.

Week 16 Arizona as well.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

How is that cherry picking? Everyone jerks off about those 3 gsmes but he's been mostly garbage and injured since then

...Because you're including 1 game from 2015? That's cherrypicking. It looks a lot different if you add all of 2015:

quote:

and the dreaded '3 games' of
(and the 4.5 you included)

Like... cherry picking is when you selectively build / ignore evidence to support a position (e.g. saying 'well starting from when he had 3 big games). Including 1 game from 2015 is an incredibly arbitrary cutoff, that you chose specifically to deny contrary evidence. That's.. the definition? I don't even know why you're trying to say it's not.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hey everyone Jordan Reed had 3 massive games in 2015, which everyone thinks he can get back to, but here is every data point since then is literally the opposite of cherry picking data :psyduck:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

...Because you're including 1 game from 2015? That's cherrypicking. It looks a lot different if you add all of 2015:

Like... cherry picking is when you selectively build / ignore evidence to support a position (e.g. saying 'well starting from when he had 3 big games). Including 1 game from 2015 is an incredibly arbitrary cutoff, that you chose specifically to deny contrary evidence. That's.. the definition? I don't even know why you're trying to say it's not.

It’s not cherry picking according to his statement.

He said “since that 3 game outburst”. He never said anything about the 2015 season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"Remember Jordan Reeds three massive games?"
"Yeah"
"He's been unusable garbage since then."
"Nah man, you gotta look at the games before those three games, too."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He’s showing why it’s safe to give up on Jordan Reed as serviceable fantasy football player. And he’s right. That’s all.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

It’s not cherry picking according to his statement.

He said “since that 3 game outburst”. He never said anything about the 2015 season.

"Since that 3 game outburst" includes 1 game of the 2015 season, conveniently located in his stats. Just because he phrased it differently doesn't make it not what I said.

but w/e.

Hey guys, here's me not cherry picking.

Remember Julio's 44 point game 2 games ago? He's sucked since then.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

"Remember Jordan Reeds three massive games?"
"Yeah"
"He's been unusable garbage since then."
"Nah man, you gotta look at the games before those three games, too."

I don't think I've ever seen anyone focus on those 3 games, fwiw. I had no idea he had three consecutive big games in 2015 or that anyone thinks that's the basis for people thinking he's a good TE, just that he was consistently a good TE all year and stayed healthy. Doesn't negate your main point at all, but I was also kinda surprised you focused on some three game period from 2015.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zauper I sincerely apologize his three game outburst did not happen in weeks 4, 5 and 6 instead of weeks 14, 15 and 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone focus on those 3 games, fwiw. I had no idea he had three consecutive big games in 2015 or that anyone thinks that's the basis for people thinking he's a good TE, just that he was consistently a good TE all year and stayed healthy. Doesn't negate your main point at all, but I was also kinda surprised you focused on some three game period from 2015.

Same, and I'm a skins fan who thinks Reed is useless.

• Locked thread