Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

are those americans also corporations?

Funnily enough, it probably does in the senate bill right now. The whole thing's a clusterfuck of a rush job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

are those americans also corporations?

As a matter of fact, yes https://twitter.com/lilybatch/status/938251082194669569

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am heartily skeptical that Congressional Republicans particularly care whether they piss off any particular community with this tax bill

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

loquacius posted:

I am heartily skeptical that Congressional Republicans particularly care whether they piss off any particular community with this tax bill

Normal people demos? Oh yeah. Couldn't care less.
Lobbyist-employing business communities? That hits them in the feels. And by feels I mean wallet.

So while undoubtedly there are individual batshit GOP house members that would ride this bomb down, there's no way Ryan will let the bill be accepted by the House as is.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

That coal guy who was suing Jon Oliver and is a huge Trump booster? turns out his company is looking down the barrel of a $60 million tax increase as a result of this bill. It's hilarious how this thing was so rushed that it manages to gently caress over everyone.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Retromancer posted:

That coal guy who was suing Jon Oliver and is a huge Trump booster? turns out his company is looking down the barrel of a $60 million tax increase as a result of this bill. It's hilarious how this thing was so rushed that it manages to gently caress over everyone.

(conservative cartoonist supergenius voice) So what you're saying is that they had to pass the bill to see what was in it?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lmao

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The whole point of the bill was to pass even more of the cost of society onto the poor while giving money to rich people so if this bill fails at its one purpose there's no way it's getting through.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Radish posted:

The whole point of the bill was to pass even more of the cost of society onto the poor while giving money to rich people so if this bill fails at its one purpose there's no way it's getting through.

Well it's going to conference where they might fix (uggh) that, but the senate hosed it up like this because they needed to find money for Collins, Flake, and Murkowski's bribes. It was enough for Johnson's dumb rear end to be invited to the table so that's whatever, but now that they have to retool it they might not have the money for all that. Also the House is torpedoing those bribes anyhow, on top of McConnell already breaking a promise to Collins about including the Alexander-Murray package in the continuing resolution.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Normal people demos? Oh yeah. Couldn't care less.
Lobbyist-employing business communities? That hits them in the feels. And by feels I mean wallet.

So while undoubtedly there are individual batshit GOP house members that would ride this bomb down, there's no way Ryan will let the bill be accepted by the House as is.

this made me :thunk: for a second before I figured out "bus" in the tweet probably stands for "business" rather than the all-powerful bus lobby :downs:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TGLT posted:

Well it's going to conference where they might fix (uggh) that, but the senate hosed it up like this because they needed to find money for Collins, Flake, and Murkowski's bribes. It was enough for Johnson's dumb rear end to be invited to the table so that's whatever, but now that they have to retool it they might not have the money for all that. Also the House is torpedoing those bribes anyhow, on top of McConnell already breaking a promise to Collins about including the Alexander-Murray package in the continuing resolution.

Yeah some sort of tax bullshit is going to work its way through but them loving up in this specific way made it a lot more difficult to do it cleanly and under the table. I'm sure the assholes that flipped aren't looking forward to having to explain how it's fine now that their cover has been totally blown.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Considering what everyone is posting Ramirez's cartoon got a lot funnier.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Radish posted:

Yeah some sort of tax bullshit is going to work its way through but them loving up in this specific way made it a lot more difficult to do it cleanly and under the table. I'm sure the assholes that flipped aren't looking forward to having to explain how it's fine now that their cover has been totally blown.

Since the vote they've had a lot of pressure driven into them, and for some the thin reeds for justification may wind up stripped away in reconciliation. They may not be reliable yes votes once this thing leaves committee.

IF it leaves committee. They're still finding problems and trying to figure out what the hell they passed; actually truing up the bills will take longer.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lord Hydronium posted:

This, but with "Hillary Hillary Hillary":

I hear it more like this with all these HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY complaints.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Ramirez of all people is the one jumping to defend the tax bill. His fellow bootlickers blamed the democrats, or tried to say it's about Obama, but Ramirez just flies face-first into them and demands they're just what we need.
Who loving thinks that? I haven't seen anyone other than the bill's crafters saying it's awesome. Nobody believes this.

Ramirez is a total economic conservative -- remember, he used to cartoon for the Investors Business Daily. Tax cuts are always good. Spending cuts are always good (defense spending aside).

OAquinas posted:

Since the vote they've had a lot of pressure driven into them, and for some the thin reeds for justification may wind up stripped away in reconciliation. They may not be reliable yes votes once this thing leaves committee.

IF it leaves committee. They're still finding problems and trying to figure out what the hell they passed; actually truing up the bills will take longer.

Not to mention that the House absolutely isn't on board with the bribes McConnell came up with for Collins and Flake's votes.

The question, of course, is if they actually have the spine to vote no if their conditions aren't met in the final conference bill, or if they just wanted a tiny bit of cover to enable a yes vote on the Senate bill. I'm not exactly hopeful.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 6, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I want you all to think of Ben Garrison's super manly Trump with his six-pack abs and bulging pecs when reading the following:

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/937065681903804416

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 6, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Be careful asking for trickle down from Trump :pisstape:

Didn't realize Ivanka was just 14.

This Judge Dredd reboot confuses me.

Ted Rall can even make nuclear annihilation about Ted Rall.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The tax bill is murder, a Statement of the Obvious.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Through his diligent combination of two things that happened, Weurker continues the misogynistic cliche of long-standing of land as a woman to be protected or ransacked.

Sandpuppy posted:

My conclusion from LA's con being "no more RDJ" is that Ted still likes and enjoys the Iron Man series of films.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 6, 2017

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I'm glad to see that Charlottesville didn't lead Varvel to any introspection at all.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I love how Bolling does Trump's mouth, it gives me a good, sensible chuckle

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Nib also did a thing where five cartoonists drew their responses to gun violence:

Brittany Long Olsen:

Dylan Edwards:

Erik Thurman:

John Carvajal:

Ben Passmore:

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Do you remember where YOU were when Trump was tragically vored by the Snake Jew?

quote:

Wait... Are these supposed to be jokes? Like the third panel isn't even mean-spirited, it's just... logistics.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Wait... Are these supposed to be jokes? Like the third panel isn't even mean-spirited, it's just... logistics.

If you check the signature, you'll see your mistake.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Mr. Squishy posted:

Through his diligent combination of two things that happened, Weurker continues the misogynistic cliche of long-standing of land as a woman to be protected or ransacked.

My conclusion from LA's con being "no more RDJ" is that Ted still likes and enjoys the Iron Man series of films.

Mother Nature is the most distressed damsel of 'em all.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lol. Pelosi threw cartoonists a softball by saying a dumb thing, and Lisa still managed to flub it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugitive_Slave_Act_of_1850

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:staredog:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Technowolf posted:

Ben Passmore:

this one rules

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Can't wait for the Kirschen comic.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Technowolf posted:

John Carvajal:

Ben Passmore:

I would be ok with seeing more of these two

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd be ok with seeing more from all five of them, they have really nice styles.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Can we not pretend the GOP cares about "the business community" please? They care about a few donors period, and in general getting a "win". "Oh no we've made the business community mad. We might have to clear the answering machines without listening to them twice as much now!"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Might want to take Roy out of that pile unfortunately. :(

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

D.N. Nation posted:

I want you all to think of Ben Garrison's super manly Trump with his six-pack abs and bulging pecs when reading the following:

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/937065681903804416

I mean, we already knew he was a shithead who can never admit he was wrong when he still insisted that the Central Park Five were guilty near the end of his campaign.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:stare:

What the gently caress guys.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This one's just incompetent. How do you cut off the bottom of your own illustration?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
New Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Artisanally Burnt Flags is genius

• Locked thread