Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/woman-accuses-franken-of-trying-to-forcibly-kiss-her-in-2006/ar-BBGiXLl

quote:

A woman is accusing Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of trying to forcibly kiss her in 2006.

The woman - who was a former Democratic congressional aide - said the Minnesota Democrat attempted to forcibly kiss her in 2006 following the taping of his radio show.

"He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me. It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like 'Wait, what is happening?' But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked," the aide said in an interview with Politico.

"I was really startled by it and I just sort of booked it towards the door and he said, 'It's my right as an entertainer.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

I usually keep my place between 63-69(nice) in the winter but I've found out my girlfriend keeps her place at 80+ so now when i go over there I feel like a sweat hog. She told me I could feel free to change the temp but when I do she complains about being cold so

63? WTF? Do you wear heavy coats around the house?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

denial isn't just a river in egypt

https://i.imgur.com/ugB8ZyJ.gifv

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The republican goal was explicitly to raise taxes on individuals by $82 billion so corps could pay less and yet there are people who still vote for them

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Intruder posted:

Jeans and a flannel shirt. Proper winter garb.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

Jeans and a flannel shirt. Proper winter garb.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

63 is usually at night. I have a small space heater in my room that I run that keeps my room around 67. It's just me and my dog here and she sleeps with me, so no reason to keep the whole house heated. Plus I prefer it to be colder at night when I'm sleeping.

But yeah I usually do have a sweater and comfy pants on when i'm doing stuff around the house

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

85?

Are you a lizard?

I have called the front desk of hotels because the thermostat wont go over 80 in the room. I am a lava monster and routinely wear full winter coats in sub 70 degree weather.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Intruder posted:

If you dont sit around with an old man blanket what are you even doing in the winter

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Barudak posted:

I have called the front desk of hotels because the thermostat wont go over 80 in the room. I am a lava monster and routinely wear full winter coats in sub 70 degree weather.

Do you live somewhere super dry? I can't imagine living somewhere with any degree of humidity and have the AC set higher than like 78. Mold grows fast man.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Our people have a complicated legacy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't believe how many people leave their dog's turds in the park.

The city even provides bags in dispensers around the park.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

weird Asian candy posted:

He's also the guy that probably averages like 7 out of 16 correct too isn't he?

STOP SENDING YOUR WRONG PICKS TO EVERYONE, PAUL!

I keep my wrong NCAA pick-em picks on the yahoo page where they can sit in silent shame.

Two weeks in a row I picked chalk against the spread and did just as well as thinking about my picks. The third week I picked chalk except for picking Auburn to beat the spread against Bama. Oh they beat the spread all right. :smug:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 6, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

swickles posted:

Do you live somewhere super dry? I can't imagine living somewhere with any degree of humidity and have the AC set higher than like 78. Mold grows fast man.

I used to live in New Orleans and other posters here can personally attest I cranked that sumbitch to full blast if it dropped below like 75

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

I was at the dog park near my place that's really just a very small fenced in area you can have your dog off leash and this lady brought her dog in, hung out for a few minutes until it took a poo poo and then started to leave. This other guy asks her if she's going to clean it up and she says "Ew no that's gross, that's what the dog park is for"

She literally believes that a dog park is a place you can take your dog to poo poo and not have to clean it up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lol the wife and I were just talking about this yesterday, apparently we are adapting to the heat because we've been freezing this week as well.

It's like the second time in 2 years I've felt actually cold which is a bit different from my Illinois days.

You live in the desert now. It gets cold at night because of the lack of any humidity. It feels a lot colder than what the temperature really is.

I miss the desert during this time of year

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was at the dog park near my place that's really just a very small fenced in area you can have your dog off leash and this lady brought her dog in, hung out for a few minutes until it took a poo poo and then started to leave. This other guy asks her if she's going to clean it up and she says "Ew no that's gross, that's what the dog park is for"

She literally believes that a dog park is a place you can take your dog to poo poo and not have to clean it up.

That's when you take a picture of her and when she asks why, say it's so you can leave a copy here so everyone can see the turd

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Friend of mine who served in Iraq said guys would get heat stroke at night because the temp would drop from 120 to 90, and they would crawl into a sleeping bag because the body says "oh poo poo the temperature just dropped 30 degrees!"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/dwallacewells/status/938458852433039360

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

it's running.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rich people losing homes will finally get all these inspection laws enforced.

Just kidding, nothing will change because they all have insurance and millions in change.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hopefully he stuffs tons of money in his mattresses.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

I leave my own turds there as well

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hopefully he was inside

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ughhhh....I hate our government sometimes for a number of reasons. Today, it's because of taxes. My end of the year bonus just got taxed out the rear end. Thankfully my wife is the bread-winner.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Ughhhh....I hate our government sometimes for a number of reasons. Today, it's because of taxes. My end of the year bonus just got taxed out the rear end. Thankfully my wife is the bread-winner.

Does that really matter? You'll just get most of it back in two months when you do your taxes.

My yearly bonus is big and gets taxed at that rate too, but it just means my federal refund is ridiculous.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Adjust your withholding.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Athanatos posted:

If you dont sit around with an old man blanket what are you even doing in the winter

for real, my favorite part of winter is being able to chill in a slightly oversized cable knit cardigan playing Nintendo switch just like my grandfather did.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Does that really matter? You'll just get most of it back in two months when you do your taxes.

My yearly bonus is big and gets taxed at that rate too, but it just means my federal refund is ridiculous.

Stop being logical and trying to calm me down, Kalli!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
It's HIS money and he wants it NOW!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Fancypants over here with his yearly bonuses

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Welcome to <cum town bill maher voice> the republicans :smug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Stop being logical and trying to calm me down, Kalli!

My bonus gets paid out at the end of January, so I give the government free money for 11 months a year. I'm just too lazy to change my withholding (also getting a like $3k check when I do my taxes feels pretty okay.)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife got so mad we had to pay extra taxes last year that im pretty sure her entire check goes to taxes now and she wont listen to logic

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wew lad :stonk:

Tiny tim's go fund me

quote:

Bob Cratchit (21 days ago)

Update: Wow! Almost to our goal! Thanks, everyone. It would mean a lot to Tim if he could see a doctor before New Year’s. Tim is sleepy a lot, but when he’s awake he is super excited that so many people care about him. He wants to make you feel special, too, so he wanted me to say that if you share this on Facebook, he will make a video for you saying “God Bless Us, Every One, But Especially [Your Name].” Please share this around.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

It's HIS money and he wants it NOW!

You god damned right!! :doom:

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I never rely on this money aside from putting it in the house buying savings or paying off a small debt or something. It's just irritating to see the gross amount and then seeing a huge reduction in the net. Fuckin' Republicans...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

Most of my energy walking around Manhattan so far has been avoiding poop on the ground which is only a 60% chance of being animal poop.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Y'all ever go through the medical bills section of Go Fund Me?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I went to visit a client in a psych residential facility, on the 6th floor of a hospital currently undergoing renovation. When leaving, the elevator had buttons for both 1 and Ground, and being an idiot I figured Ground was the way out. Evidently not, it meant underground level, but that’s fine, I figured I’d just hop up the stairs. The stairs exited to a little room with three doors, and they all require a key to get out. The stairwell also locked behind me. Now I can’t decide whether I’ve just pathetically failed some intelligence test, or if I’ve unknowingly started some contrived psychological experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

I went to visit a client in a psych residential facility, on the 6th floor of a hospital currently undergoing renovation. When leaving, the elevator had buttons for both 1 and Ground, and being an idiot I figured Ground was the way out. Evidently not, it meant underground level, but that’s fine, I figured I’d just hop up the stairs. The stairs exited to a little room with three doors, and they all require a key to get out. The stairwell also locked behind me. Now I can’t decide whether I’ve just pathetically failed some intelligence test, or if I’ve unknowingly started some contrived psychological experiment.

and your first thought was "i wonder if leperflesh can get me out of this"

• Locked thread