Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Admittedly I'm a huge sucker for that back and forth style that Loeb used in his Batman/Superman, but holy wow was Batman good today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Mr Hootington posted:

To those wanting to change the costume:

Dont mess with perfection.

Oh i dont want to change the costume, i want them to just say it was his (modified) old Sports Uniform from the future where he played full contact Blernsball.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

DC released a JLA Detroit Omni - for someone with no nostalgia for the era, although I’ve enjoyed plenty of comics from that time, are those comics any good? The one blog review about those indicated “not really” other than leading to JLI, but that’s only one opinion.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Zachack posted:

DC released a JLA Detroit Omni - for someone with no nostalgia for the era, although I’ve enjoyed plenty of comics from that time, are those comics any good? The one blog review about those indicated “not really” other than leading to JLI, but that’s only one opinion.

That era never did anything for me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zachack posted:

It's not really very interesting, no. It has a couple of interesting bits but that's about all it has going for it, aside from the unusual team composition.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Ugh. Superman "ruling" by pontificating about an elementary school kid's conception of America, then delegating the actual work of reorganizing a planet run for eons by ultra-fascist gods into something resembling self-governance while leaving said gods just lying around to some mortal grunt, topped off with pushing Lex into the heel turn back to being his greatest nemesis? God what a crappy book.

Not sure if that fact makes me want to read King write Superman more or less now

e: because of course, Superfriends is the best Superman story of the decade :allears:

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 6, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

Ugh. Superman "ruling" by pontificating about an elementary school kid's conception of America, then delegating the actual work of reorganizing a planet run for eons by ultra-fascist gods into something resembling self-governance while leaving said gods just lying around to some mortal grunt, topped off with pushing Lex into the heel turn back to being his greatest nemesis? God what a crappy book.

Not sure if that fact makes me want to read King write Superman more or less now

e: because of course, Superfriends is the best Superman story of the decade :allears:

Was Tomasi writing that????

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Jiro posted:

Was Tomasi writing that????

The Imperius Lex arc is credited to Tomasi and Gleason, yeah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

Imperius Lex

Best.

Pun.

Ever.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

"Oh hi, I'm Lois. You must be Catwoman."

I'm loving dying over here. :perfect:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That issue really was wonderful. So much better than the overhyped Annual.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I find that Tom King tends to cartwheel on the line of overratedness some of the time, but he writes this...evocatively-pensive tone really drat well.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There wasn't really all that much acclaim for his Batman till after Jokes and Riddles. He's deserving this.

Rhyno posted:

Nah. Batman Annual firmly established that Batman/Fudd happened in continuity. Nothing beats that gift.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 7, 2017

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Your face is overhyped.

War of Riddles and Jokes was pretty fun for the chances it took and I love the weird direction it went in. I really like the way King experiments with story structure and framing and his Batman run has been a favourite of mine.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Madkal posted:

Your face is overhyped.

loving this.

Batman Annual was amazing, but so was this issue.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked Superman. For the populous to be experiencing the concepts of truth, justice and all that for the first time in their existence, good-ol Superman giving them an adjusted elementary school pledge of allegence to live by was fitting and funny.

Most of all I liked that shot of Granny jumping on Kalibak.

edit: Jesus. Next week Scooby Apocalypse will be on #20. Is anyone still reading that?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 7, 2017

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I felt so clever for figuring out the villain after seeing Clark mentioning “twenty” and Bruce saying “ten”, but then he says the villains name in the same panel.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Katt posted:

Comic book nerds. From the realm of normal people I implore you for your assistance.

What did Superman lift?

Just to briefly go back to this page, it's sort of cherry picking feats of strength of both characters.
The Hulk held up a mountain in Secret Wars (where the 150 billion tons figure comes from.) But he has done other feats in his history that dwarf that.
(Smashing planet's, clapping away a dimension, pushing apart a matter and anti-matter bomb etc...)

Basically battleboard stuff was things I did for years in my teens. And there were crazy things to compare when you try.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There might be a Bendis announcement tomorrow, people are guessing he's taking Action starting with #1001.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Well, I suppose Action couldn't get much worse, though I'm always open to being proven wrong in new and inventive ways by Bendis

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I am looking forward to seeing what parts of canon bendis will blatantly ignore and which characters he disappears in service of plot threads he never comes back too

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Personally I can't wait for new character sensation Catherine Pried to make her debut as Clark's lost college lover interest.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Personally I can't wait for new character sensation Catherine Pried to make her debut as Clark's Pete Ross's lost college lover interest.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
illegitimate son of Josef Stalin, Pyotr Roslov of Earth-30 is granted control of the metallic body he was imprisoned in with the help of his heretofore unseen love Yekaterina, codenamed "Catherine the Proud": the Supermen of two worlds most come together to stop them!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Superman becomes Pooperman, every one of his powers becomes poop based and he poops out of his mouth and when you buy the comic it's covered in poop. Digital copies are banned, instead you just get poop emojis that take over your entire Comixology app. Poop comes out of your speakers, and the Trinity becomes the Turdity. Batman is Shatman, and Wonder Woman is no longer part of the Turdity because Bendis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Edge & Christian posted:

Superman becomes Pooperman, every one of his powers becomes poop based and he poops out of his mouth and when you buy the comic it's covered in poop. Digital copies are banned, instead you just get poop emojis that take over your entire Comixology app. Poop comes out of your speakers, and the Trinity becomes the Turdity. Batman is Shatman, and Wonder Woman is no longer part of the Turdity because Bendis.
Nws
https://youtu.be/uu5VlMTvBxk

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Skibop skibop skibop I'M THE SHAT MAN baka laka dee bop

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just flipping through the holiday special (I'm saving it till I slog through the New Talent one from last week) and, man, those creatives.
The Max Landis/Manapaul Lois and Clark story is the one I'm probably looking forward to the most.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Still hoping for a new Kate Spencer ongoing that is just Alias with DC characters

Edge & Christian posted:

The poop is all drawn by David Finch too :discourse:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

just give Bendis a Renee Montoya Question series

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A Swing with Scooter reboot would be worthy of the investment.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

purple death ray posted:

just give Bendis a Renee Montoya Question series

What is the status of The Question post Rebirth, or the status of Renee Montoya post Rebirth? I know New 52 got rid of that completely, but did they bring any of it back?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Skwirl posted:

What is the status of The Question post Rebirth, or the status of Renee Montoya post Rebirth? I know New 52 got rid of that completely, but did they bring any of it back?

Renee has popped up here and there but she's just a regular cop, it's not really implied that she's ever been anything else.

The Vic Sage Question had a weird supernatural origin or something right when the new 52 started but I think it was widely hated and mostly forgotten at this point but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skwirl posted:

Unfortunately nothing has been done with the Question.

purple death ray posted:

Renee has popped up here and there but she's just a regular cop, it's not really implied that she's ever been anything else.

The Vic Sage Question had a weird supernatural origin or something right when the new 52 started but I think it was widely hated and mostly forgotten at this point but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

UNFORUNATELY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE WITH RHE QUESTION!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Teen Titans segment of the Holiday Special was actually a solid Starfire story. Now I want Shea Fontana to just take over Teen Titans from Percy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Been saying for it for a while but give him Firestorm, seeing as no-one is doing anything with the character and it allows him to continue his Spiderman run at DC.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
Renee Montaya was a garbage Question. She works better as a beat cop. Hopefully Geoff resolves whatever is going on with the current new 52 Question (Rorscach?) so we can get back to the adventures of my main man Vic Sage.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Madkal posted:

Been saying for it for a while but give him Firestorm, seeing as no-one is doing anything with the character and it allows him to continue his Spiderman run at DC.

I would not be opposed to this.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

site posted:

I am looking forward to seeing what parts of canon bendis will blatantly ignore and which characters he disappears in service of plot threads he never comes back too

Bendis will be given Superboy and suddenly Conner's back in continuity. But instead of figuring out how he came back, the book will focus mostly on Clark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

GMo asked about Arkham Asylum 2 on Kevin Smith's show. Can't remember what details were previously announced, but it's with Chris Burnham, starring Damian in the future. He thinks it'll be out in 2019 for the 30th anniversary and he's looking forward to ruining the memory of the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-O6OMdxm0&t=5144s