Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hello Thaddius, I want to play a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Mostly just bored. I called security 15 minutes ago and they still haven’t found me

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

thread a piece of string behind the back of the latch and pull 007

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Mostly just bored. I called security 15 minutes ago and they still haven’t found me

there's an air duct above you

LOOK up at the grate

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do any of the doors have a 5 button array lock arranged vertically?

If so Try to hit 2 & 4 then 3. That's the factory default that many places don't change.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You're hosed. Better build a fire using your pants and cook your shoes for sustenance.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pubic works project posted:

Ughhhh....I hate our government sometimes for a number of reasons. Today, it's because of taxes. My end of the year bonus just got taxed out the rear end. Thankfully my wife is the bread-winner.

Year-end bonus lol, I think my bonus last year was less than a day's pay. The real bonus is the money I save on therapy since I can spend a lot of my day on the forums and no one notices.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Do any of the doors have a 5 button array lock arranged vertically?

If so Try to hit 2 & 4 then 3. That's the factory default that many places don't change.

Nope, just the electronic badge receiver. Kind of wondering how OSHA feels about this, but the OSHA thread has conditioned me that if a situation doesn’t involve heavy machinery or high voltage electrical wiring it doesn’t really count.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nope, just the electronic badge receiver. Kind of wondering how OSHA feels about this, but the OSHA thread has conditioned me that if a situation doesn’t involve heavy machinery or high voltage electrical wiring it doesn’t really count.

can you kick down one of the doors?

like, if they bitch you can say you were panicking. and it could be a cheap thrill.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can you find tools to disassemble the locking mechanism on any of the doors? That might even trigger a security alarm!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/938476778192064512

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Uterine Lineup posted:

Adjust your withholding.

Bonus payments are taxed at 25% Federally regardless of withholding settings.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

united shmates

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

My wife got so mad we had to pay extra taxes last year that im pretty sure her entire check goes to taxes now and she wont listen to logic

This happened with my wife as well lol. I've just added more to my 401k to try and lower but it is what it is.

edit:

lol at calling for peace to the hornets in the nest after you got done give it a good whack.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 6, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
haha wives am i right

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I accidentally claimed 3 last year so this year should be a lot less stupid....I'm bad at taxes

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

can you kick down one of the doors?

like, if they bitch you can say you were panicking. and it could be a cheap thrill.

Security finally found me. Took 25 minutes, because apparently at about 15 minutes the guy decided he couldn’t locate me and went back to his office. Kind of wish I had started spartan kicking a door, might have livened things up for the patients in the adjacent rooms.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I accidentally claimed 3 last year so this year should be a lot less stupid....I'm bad at taxes

"am I the head of this household? You're goddamn right I am my roommates are dumb as gently caress"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Transient ischemic attack

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Security finally found me. Took 25 minutes, because apparently at about 15 minutes the guy decided he couldn’t locate me and went back to his office. Kind of wish I had started spartan kicking a door, might have livened things up for the patients in the adjacent rooms.

Thank you for playing the game, you have lost.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

I went to visit a client in a psych residential facility, on the 6th floor of a hospital currently undergoing renovation. When leaving, the elevator had buttons for both 1 and Ground, and being an idiot I figured Ground was the way out. Evidently not, it meant underground level, but that’s fine, I figured I’d just hop up the stairs. The stairs exited to a little room with three doors, and they all require a key to get out. The stairwell also locked behind me. Now I can’t decide whether I’ve just pathetically failed some intelligence test, or if I’ve unknowingly started some contrived psychological experiment.

Are you typing this from that tiny room or did you find a way out? Is this anywhere in the DC area I can come knock the doors down with my legs I’ve been training for this

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Never mind just caught up

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blitz7x posted:

That's why he wants to build the wall, to protect us from attacks by transients. If it can happen to him it can happen to any of us :ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Not enough.

I want a full blown cerebral aneurism.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Not enough.

I want a full blown cerebral aneurism.

President Pence

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol thread title

Also imagine if Obama slurred God Bless the United States holy poo poo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sorry I didn't get you out of the room.

One time a co-worker of mine intended to send an email to a small mailing list about after-school daycare or knitting or something, I really don't remember what, but he accidentally included the <mycompany>_ALL-DEV mailing list.

At my company, the dev org at the time was about 40,000 people, and the mailing list included the CEO, CIO, CTO, etc. as well. It was only used for company announcement type things. I think they finally locked it down after that incident.

But you can imagine how many people in a 40k-person group hit "reply all" to say "why am I receiving this? Please stop" etc. I'm pretty sure it only stopped after three or four hours because someone high up had them shut down the mailing list temporarily.

In my house the thermostat is set to 68 in the winter for heating purposes and 78 in the summer for cooling purposes and I regard both settings as being quite generous. 68 is cool enough that you should wear seasonally appropriate clothes like maybe a sweater and some thick socks, and 78 is cool enough that you don't have to strip down to your underwear to feel comfortable. And $200 a month in utility bills is plenty, thank you very much.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A dude weaponized his boston rear end in a top hat to gently caress with debt collectors, and it's a good read:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-06/millions-are-hounded-for-debt-they-don-t-owe-one-victim-fought-back-with-a-vengeance

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/43Joy4f.mp4

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Really liking xenoblade 2 but man pyra's design is embarassing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've gotten stuck in a stairwell before. Right before a job interview too.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i got a 144hz monitor and i feel like im going to vomit

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/938453917767258113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not sure this is a good strategy in Alabama, but... drat.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/938453917767258113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not sure this is a good strategy in Alabama, but... drat.

I am pretty sure they wouldn't make him senator if he went after white girls period.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have spent the day automating as many IT tasks as possible on this new software I'm evaluating.

I created a process that terminates somebody (from an IT perspective) in one click :smith:

But I've also created one that provisions a new employee in one click :unsmith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

A dude weaponized his boston rear end in a top hat to gently caress with debt collectors, and it's a good read:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-06/millions-are-hounded-for-debt-they-don-t-owe-one-victim-fought-back-with-a-vengeance

drat, that dude was loving relentless.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

I have spent the day automating as many IT tasks as possible on this new software I'm evaluating.

I created a process that terminates somebody (from an IT perspective) in one click :smith:

The sword of Damocles

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

You should at least have a pop up that says "Are you sure you want to fire this person?"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The sword of Damocles

lol

swickles posted:

You should at least have a pop up that says "Are you sure you want to fire this person?"

Yeah there is a confirmation because it really blows a user straight to hell.

It logs you out of all sessions on the network, strips all of your AD group membership, changes your password, disables your account and moves you to a Terminated OU lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

lol

Yeah there is a confirmation because it really blows a user straight to hell.

It logs you out of all sessions on the network, strips all of your AD group membership, changes your password, disables your account and moves you to a Terminated OU lol

Yeah, I would hate for you to sneeze and accidentally fire the whole accounting department.

• Locked thread