Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

They really have a hard-on for islands with 2 bridge access points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is that a ball diamond in the East?

Nah, I think it's way too big. That would be kinda neat though.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lmfao, you can't do this chill dude thing when you're the decidedly unchill dude telling people they're wrong for liking a thing

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I presume the "walls" to the map are unscalable cliffs to the west and north, and then the ocean to the south and east?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Maybe it was funny but goddamn your description sucks. You’ll never guess what happens next... he crawls! Bazinga!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

can't even mock nerds on SA anymore

its u

ur the nerd being mocked

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hockles posted:

I presume the "walls" to the map are unscalable cliffs to the west and north, and then the ocean to the south and east?

Should be automated turrets and sea mines. :colbert:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hooplah posted:

lmfao, you can't do this chill dude thing when you're the decidedly unchill dude telling people they're wrong for liking a thing

I'm just saying it ain't funny

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah it is.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lemon posted:

Yeah it is.

hey man maybe you should just let me think it's not funny

I guess you have some growing up to do...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine the sheer pointyheadedness it takes to be so obstinate about how funny something is without ever having seen it happen. What a buffoon.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

hey man maybe you should just let me think it's not funny

I guess you have some growing up to do...

It's fine for you to think it's not funny, I already said that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Athanatos posted:

They really have a hard-on for islands with 2 bridge access points.

They got to use those standard bridge assets they bought somewhere man.

Also, lol that crawl guy started a two page argument on SA.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ice Fist posted:

Also, lol that crawl guy started a two page argument on SA.

Have we reached a forum consensus yet? Crawling, is it funny or not? I will put the final answer in the OP.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

VulgarandStupid posted:

Have we reached a forum consensus yet? Crawling, is it funny or not? I will put the final answer in the OP.

It is funny in context for the following reasons:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

It is now that people have posted about it pointlessly for nearly a page.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

how big is the erection?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

Dyz posted:

It is now that people have posted about it pointlessly for nearly a page.

I think we've really hit upon some deeper things other than "is crawling funny?"

The real question is "can I still value myself after some guy on the internet said something wasn't funny?" Or maybe "why do jocks ruin everything for us gamers?" I think there are some major crises going on in this thread.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So what's everyone's favourite Winchester 1894 scene in a movie?

(trying desperately to change the topic)

Here's the page on the Internet Movie Firearms Database (yeah, that's a thing):

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1894

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Was that the gun in Shaun of the Dead? I mean, the pub was called the Winchester

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Turns out that was the 1866.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Shaun_of_the_Dead#Winchester_1866_.22Yellow_Boy.22_Rifle

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Kind of a dumb question, how do you control recoil at range? I see people like basically snipe at near full auto firing speeds with guns and I have no idea how you do that.

I've gotten pretty good at fighting up close, but anything where I even want a 2x for shooting I can't hit a god damned thing (even with a good scope)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Magres posted:

Kind of a dumb question, how do you control recoil at range? I see people like basically snipe at near full auto firing speeds with guns and I have no idea how you do that.

I've gotten pretty good at fighting up close, but anything where I even want a 2x for shooting I can't hit a god damned thing (even with a good scope)

They’re all cheating. Some guns are really easy to pull down while hammering mouse 1, mostly the 5.56 guns.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

A good gif

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
The first time I watched The Big Lebowski I thought it wasn't funny. Then I became an adult and the movie became contextually relevant to me and then I thought it was funny. Two or three years ago I would have thought crawl guy was dumb. Hope this helps.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i don't find crawl guy's shtick amazingly funny but they did make a real good duo together and i hope they do more :3:

it was kind of like choco herding a kitten and being a good sport about terrible tactical decisions

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bhodi posted:

i don't find crawl guy's shtick amazingly funny but they did make a real good duo together and i hope they do more :3:

it was kind of like choco herding a kitten and being a good sport about terrible tactical decisions

Same. Choco’s just a good, laidback guy who’s enjoyable to watch so his relative straight-man routine works well. I did lol when they were holed up in the house at the final circle and crawlguy went prone in the bed then removed all of his clothes.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

odiv posted:

So what's everyone's favourite Winchester 1894 scene in a movie?

I would say "Shawshank Prison guards" ranks pretty high as movies go, but I don't recall much shooting.

Didn't see Brokeback Mountain, but I'm sure there will be some nice gay cowboy PUBG RP in our future.

A short but sweet stupid death by yours truly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38UJn2E4chg

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I was going to say the basement scene from Tremors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNoyStVjWFE

but I don't think the Winchester actually shows up (maybe it's just on the wall?)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

odiv posted:

I was going to say the basement scene from Tremors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNoyStVjWFE

but I don't think the Winchester actually shows up (maybe it's just on the wall?)
Thats cuz Kevin Bacon uses it.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

kiwid posted:

But crawling? Why? Ugh.

I surprised there isn't more stream snipers that just loot up the early to mid game and bring the streamer late game loot + vehicles.

This is literally every stream sniper on Shroud's channel.

Crawl Guy plays totally normally and only shows up a couple of times a night on Choco. He's clearly actually good at the game when he's playing because he was spotting and getting kills effectively for Choco, including an insane grenade toss that I couldn't replicate if I tried.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The basement scene in Tremors is one of the best scenes I can think of as an example of how much better a movie can be going in blind. Up until that point you see them with bolt action hunting rifles, then it pans to the left.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Stallion Cabana posted:

This is literally every stream sniper on Shroud's channel.

Crawl Guy plays totally normally and only shows up a couple of times a night on Choco. He's clearly actually good at the game when he's playing because he was spotting and getting kills effectively for Choco, including an insane grenade toss that I couldn't replicate if I tried.

I think crawlguy was tryharding too much.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

cosmicjim posted:

The first time I watched The Big Lebowski I thought it wasn't funny. Then I became an adult and the movie became contextually relevant to me and then I thought it was funny. Two or three years ago I would have thought crawl guy was dumb. Hope this helps.

Did you clear this opinion with official funny judge hawowanlawow first?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

It's an 1892 but this is still the best

5MB gif warning

Edit- I think 'having Australian internet' classifies as a serious issue.

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 7, 2017

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Paingod556 posted:

It's an 1892 but this is still the best

Well yeah obviously.

But if a 5mb gif stresses your bandwidth or browser you have some serious issues

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
This is also an 1892 per IMFD:

https://youtu.be/Or3okI_mad8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
And another gun, this time a revolver:

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/938454405396836352

Most exciting part is that it will have a speed loader.

• Locked thread