Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Don Lapre posted:

And you still have to pay the electric bill so its a loss.

True. But, no skin in the game and I always assumed something would go wrong. Still got 1.2k out of it

On to the next. Unfortunately Minergate does not do lyra2rev which is paying out a lot for 1080ti ($9 a day!) which blows. I cant find any of them that do. Pffffffffffffffffff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dead Goon posted:

This is good for Bitcoin.

Of course, because now nicehash will become even more secure than before, being immune to this in the future

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Don Lapre posted:

Your mom still has to pay the electric bill so its a loss.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Im getting to the point where that isnt an insult but a dream

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

1gnoirents posted:

On to the next. Unfortunately Minergate does not do lyra2rev which is paying out a lot for 1080ti ($9 a day!) which blows. I cant find any of them that do. Pffffffffffffffffff.

Winminer seems to do lyra2rev, getting just short of $9 on it right now per 1080ti.

EDIT: $9.75 now

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My favourite part of the recent batch of nicehash actually working was coming home from work and having a nice cozy apartment from the GPUs going tard-hard all day.

Gonna miss that.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Woah WinMiner is getting way better numbers with the 1080 Ti than Nicehash

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gonna get in on that poop touchin and see what happens. Does it do BTC to an external wallet or actual fiat somehow?

Hopefully my apartment doesn't burn down

e: LOL this loving thing is claiming $15 CAD/day on VTC, if this is true then praise the free market artisan burritos here I come

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 6, 2017

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Steam is no longer supporting Bitcoin
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1464096684955433613

NiceHash hacked, tens of millions of dollars up in the air
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60060/nicehash-hacked-tens-millions-dollars-up-air/index.html

Seems like a good time to stop touching the poop. I think it was mentioned before but there's a bunch of get-paid-to sites you can run with web browsers in VMs or android phones that pay better and use less power than this crypto garbage you guys like to touch. The thread in C&D got archived due to inactivity but it's still there.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Cinara posted:

Winminer seems to do lyra2rev, getting just short of $9 on it right now per 1080ti.

EDIT: $9.75 now

Thanks installing now, though I just spent the time to manually setup ccminer which wasn't the most fun.

edit: oh yes they seem to payout in BTC as well , though I havent seen where or how

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Kazinsal posted:

Gonna get in on that poop touchin and see what happens. Does it do BTC to an external wallet or actual fiat somehow?

Hopefully my apartment doesn't burn down

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Thank satoshi, now I don't have to do a magic internet money gift card exchange scam to turn my burritocoins into league of legends skins

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turn off quick benchmark on win Miner it will benchmark immediately instead of slowly while mining and ruining your gains

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rexxed posted:

Steam is no longer supporting Bitcoin
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1464096684955433613

NiceHash hacked, tens of millions of dollars up in the air
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60060/nicehash-hacked-tens-millions-dollars-up-air/index.html

Seems like a good time to stop touching the poop. I think it was mentioned before but there's a bunch of get-paid-to sites you can run with web browsers in VMs or android phones that pay better and use less power than this crypto garbage you guys like to touch. The thread in C&D got archived due to inactivity but it's still there.

This will lower the number of transactions and will help unclog the network, resulting in lower fees.
This is good for buttcoin.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Winminer is the winner for me so far. $11.50 $12 a day on 1080ti, checking 1080 stuff, has the algorithms I want, and they payout conveniently (on paper).

Still miffed about the ~150 gone to the wind but this will do just fine

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Over $10/day on power-limited 1080 Ti :eyepop:

It's June all over again

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll wait a week to see people getting actual payouts after fees and whatever, but it looks like next week it'll be worth it again for me with my 21 cents/kwh power.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

What algo/coin are you guys using on WinMiner? I turned off express benchmark and now it's running through a series of coins and coming up with $2/day :(

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

What algo/coin are you guys using on WinMiner? I turned off express benchmark and now it's running through a series of coins and coming up with $2/day :(

Lyra

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

Lyra is failing to download on my system for some reason. All those burritos lost in time, like tears in rain :cripes:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Twain of Pain posted:

Lyra is failing to download on my system for some reason. All those burritos lost in time, like tears in rain :cripes:

Time... to mine...

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

HELLO, BOYS! I'M BAAAAAACK

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

How long does it take for the balance to update in WinMiner? Mines just been sitting at 0 for a while

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Apparently the balance isn't updating correctly because of the insane increase in load due to Nicehash's hack. They say it shouldn't affect your actual mining gains or payouts, just the live tracking of balance for you.

Also holy poo poo, $16.50/day. PER CARD. Too bad this will never last.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Lol $17/day on 1080ti

Not sure I believe that. Also the 1080 doesnt touch that, not sure whats going on or what possible difference there is between those two chipsets to account for that

MaxxBot posted:

How long does it take for the balance to update in WinMiner? Mines just been sitting at 0 for a while

A while, probably two hours before I saw the first update which was just $0.09 from 0

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 6, 2017

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

Twain of Pain posted:

Can some kind goon share the lyra miner in their winminer folder so that I can justify my guac purchase?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Does Winminer figure out what's best to mine like NH did? If not, how can I figure out what's best for my 1070?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
If you didn't use the confusion and uproar about the unavailable Lyra miner for WinMiner to host a copy of it that's backdoored with a keylogger that hunts for private key and address pairs, you aren't bitcoining correctly.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

KingKapalone posted:

Does Winminer figure out what's best to mine like NH did? If not, how can I figure out what's best for my 1070?

Yes, but it took like an hour at least for my 1080 (which is now at $12 a day :lol:)

Twain of Pain posted:

Can some kind goon share the lyra miner in their winminer folder so that I can justify my guac purchase?

I tried looking for this but I dont see it in the folder, or any miner files. Have you tried just reinstalling?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

1gnoirents posted:

A while, probably two hours before I saw the first update which was just $0.09 from 0

So much for that tasty $20 CAD/day figure

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

1gnoirents posted:

I tried looking for this but I dont see it in the folder, or any miner files. Have you tried just reinstalling?

Thanks for checking friend. It's not in the program files folder for whatever reason. It should be in [User]/appdata/local/winminer/miners

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

KingKapalone posted:

It’s either equihash, Lyra or blake2, with Cryptonight for CPU, don’t bother with anything else 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It’s either equihash, Lyra or blake2, with Cryptonight for CPU, don’t bother with anything else 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lyra I think is the algo for Vertcoin (VTC), which has had a simultaneous hilarious drop in difficulty and spike in value what with Nicehash collapsing.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Twain of Pain posted:

Thanks for checking friend. It's not in the program files folder for whatever reason. It should be in [User]/appdata/local/winminer/miners

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yeDAzUhOw8BBo4ETDZudK-mq3UR59KqW

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

Lyra I think is the algo for Vertcoin (VTC), which has had a simultaneous hilarious drop in difficulty and spike in value what with Nicehash collapsing.

I believe you. A bunch of cryptos use the same algorithm, a lot of them are just copy pasted source with different names and addresses. Never heard of Vertcoin but it’s freakin trivial to make a crypto coin

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006
Hah well.

Not sure why this got flagged over the petabytes of illegal music/movies on Drive but oh well.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Looks like Vertcoin just took a massive poo poo. No jobs from server. RIP the artisan guac.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Twain of Pain posted:

Hah well.

Not sure why this got flagged over the petabytes of illegal music/movies on Drive but oh well.

Woops I forgot about naming

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OSxyH57bHZzYUictiouNCKubmpuKP6PG

click upper right download, then proceed on the next page

(Google Drive protip for anybody who needs it, put it in a zip file and rename it and you can share anything)

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 6, 2017

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006

1gnoirents posted:

Woops I forgot about naming

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OSxyH57bHZzYUictiouNCKubmpuKP6PG

click upper right download, then proceed on the next page

Still getting the same message - it's all good though, I appreciate the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Twain of Pain posted:

Still getting the same message - it's all good though, I appreciate the effort.

My god theyre getting faster

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y9oM0z7gafLSAjBUUJ3jSCFI3hbFTtBi

Now its an encrypted 7zip file, password is "password"

• Locked thread