Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Are they just funko pop competitors like what do they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

^ lmao basically but they've got like interchangable parts (faces, hands, etc.) like dumb action figures

i like the kirby one but i don't usually collect poo poo like this. i like shiny rocks and dead animals

i didn't set this one up so don't ask me (he's not missing a leg it's just a bent knee one)

this is the one i got today and put together hastily, his face keeps fuckin falling off and his arm doesn't stay on too well, either. and the stand doesn't quite fit in the hole in his back.

u get what u pay for~~~~~~~~~~~

snoo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 6, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Blue Train posted:

Are they just funko pop competitors like what do they do

Seem to be similar but with less hypercephaly, actual sculpting, and some token amount of pose-ability.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the knockoff nendoroids cost about the same as like full-price funko pops from what i can tell and even if they're hosed up and broken they're more fun

i've never had any desire to buy a funko pop but i know someone with hundreds and idk how the gently caress they can afford them

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I have one, the zombie girl from Walking Dead and I like it 'cause at least it has some details. Meanwhile we were gifted a few more (some GoT ones) and they're still sitting in their boxes in a closet.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Just ordered something for my GF for Xmas (not from AE) and surprise it came in the AliExpress signature small plastic mail pouch.. I was like WTF did I order now.. but it wasn't for me

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Just ordered something for my GF for Xmas (not from AE) and surprise it came in the AliExpress signature small plastic mail pouch.. I was like WTF did I order now.. but it wasn't for me

I love the "what did I order six weeks ago?" puzzle when something like that happens.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sadly it wasn't anything I ordered I'm hoping my trump dude gets here soon so I can give to coworker

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
They have golden girls bobble head dolls (they are not called funko pop):

Somehow, this came up in a search for “golden girls”:
:nws: https://imgur.com/a/FZCpi :nws:

Ooo. This also came up under the golden girls search:

Bored fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 7, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the best funko

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

the best funko

What's that supposed to be?

e: Oh I just got it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
idgi

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's Laura Palmer if Twin Peaks was a lovely anime.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Has anyone made Josie Packard door knobs?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks shortly after she was raped and murdered

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Bored posted:

They have golden girls bobble head dolls (they are not called funko pop):

Would buy these, but where the gently caress is Blanche? She’s my second favourite.

The worst funko pops have got to be the Simpsons. I don’t get why Krusty is the only one with a mouth.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The :krust: doesn't even look like the picture on the box thats just lazy

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

the best funko

She's dead, wrapped in plastic

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SEX BURRITO posted:

Would buy these, but where the gently caress is Blanche? She’s my second favourite.

The worst funko pops have got to be the Simpsons. I don’t get why Krusty is the only one with a mouth.

Neither listing includes Blanche. Stupid funko knockoff.

Edit: funko pop DOES have a Blanche Devereaux figurine. Hit up Amazon for the four piece set for 38 bucks if you are in the US. Everywhere else seems to be sold out.

Funko Golden Girls POP TV Action Figure Collectors Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6W8OIG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bLjkAbNSQVGEB

Bored fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 7, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

the best funko

The captain from Dark Star?!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Has anyone ordered a magic trick kit? I want to pick up one for a 10-year-old, but they all seem really pricy for what's actually in the box

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

Cheers! Also, it seems that every type of men's underwear is considered "gay" by the Aliexpress product naming team.

maybe they're trying to tell me something...

Aye, I did notice that, very odd.

Some parcels arrived this morning which are either Legos or boxers. Chinese Christmas came early this time!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well here's a thriller - I have a package with a compact USB-C charger that I really want to take on a backpacking trip instead of several larger chargers sitting at post office 5 minutes away. The fuckers won't let me pick it up there though so I have to wait and hope they can deliver it today or tomorrow, because I'm leaving on Sunday. Cmooon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

considering the quality of cheap chinese chargers they are doing you a favour

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I ordered this from this seller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rob...2817138903.html

It came today! It's shrinkwrapped, and since it's supposed to be a christmas present I think I'll leave it that way. Though I am tempted to take a peak, just to make sure there is stuff inside and not a bunch of used dildos and batteries for weight. :v: Also I got it for 8 bucks cheaper on sale, yay! The other things, a shark plushie and two cat paw pins, have yet to arrive though.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
care to toss the rest of us a link to those cat paw pins? I'd be super interesting in having a few dozen of them.

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Has anyone ordered a magic trick kit? I want to pick up one for a 10-year-old, but they all seem really pricy for what's actually in the box

They really make your money....disappear.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

sandball posted:

care to toss the rest of us a link to those cat paw pins? I'd be super interesting in having a few dozen of them.

Sure! It's these ones: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Miss-Zoe-2pcs-set-Enamel-pin-Cute-Cartoon-Orange-white-Cat-Kitten-Paw-Brooch-Pins-DIY/32822886467.html
The paw pins:

In the mean time.... B I C T H.! I wouldn't trust the seller but man, I might need this gimmick purse. One in each color, may haps....

bag link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/handbags/32813176210.html

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

freelop posted:

Gah I have a sith one of these bought from a high street store for a bit more money than that.
Assuming they are the same they are very warm and soft.

I needed a warm soft robe and this arrived today and it is warm and soft and good. I have a blanket that is similar

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

that greenhouse is so fuckin cute

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Gimme some ridiculous men's fashion looks. I look like jeff goldblum so I need ostentatious and tremendous articles, not things I'd have to be a hunk to wear. Spicy after dark stuff is fine

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Krakox posted:

Gimme some ridiculous men's fashion looks. I look like jeff goldblum so I need ostentatious and tremendous articles, not things I'd have to be a hunk to wear. Spicy after dark stuff is fine

Well, this is pretty age friendly for older guys:

Also, my sources say that if you look like Jeff Goldblum women will literally climb all over you like horny animals.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Is a contemporary aristocrat all that different from any other type? Which type of aristocrat wears these?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Is a contemporary aristocrat all that different from any other type? Which type of aristocrat wears these?

Snazzy kicks!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

value-brand cereal posted:

I ordered this from this seller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rob...2817138903.html

It came today! It's shrinkwrapped, and since it's supposed to be a christmas present I think I'll leave it that way. Though I am tempted to take a peak, just to make sure there is stuff inside and not a bunch of used dildos and batteries for weight. :v: Also I got it for 8 bucks cheaper on sale, yay! The other things, a shark plushie and two cat paw pins, have yet to arrive though.

I love miniatures and I pretty much came at the pictures of the tiny, tiny plants. So very perfect and tiny. Looks like I got a new thing to hunt up on AE now that my makeup interest has waned.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

hannibal chau

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Why is all this stuff full/over priced garbage? What is the advantage of ordering from here instead f amazon?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

cannot pake posted:

Why is all this stuff full/over priced garbage? What is the advantage of ordering from here instead f amazon?

The stuff is generally cheaper than getting stuff from Amazon mostly because Amazon resellers buy it in bulk then sell on Amazon for a profit. There's. poo poo I just bought some leggings as a gift and they came from there probably paid $10 more than it would have cost on Ali.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

cannot pake posted:

a) gently caress Amazon.
b) You're doing it wrong if all you're finding is full or overpriced garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You're AliExpressing wrong if you're finding stuff that's more expensive than Amazon.