Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yahoo, 10 team standard.

I currently have Barber but it looks like Martin *might* play this weekend, so I'm debating dropping Philadelphia D/ST (I have New England starting this week) to pick up Giovani Bernard because he looks like a sure thing right now. Good idea/bad idea?

I have Hyde, and both Murray's currently starting as my RB's and flex. Likely going to swap out one of the Murray's (likely DeMarcco) for either Barber or Gio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Zauper posted:

I'd say the opposite -- NO has had a decent season on defense, but they've been allowing top WRs to put up points against them fairly consistently. I think the WR1 on the last 3 teams they've played -- none of whom are nearly as good as julio -- has put up 14+ points. (funchess 14, watkins + kupp over 14, 3 redskins WRs at 10+...). Before that they did well vs buffalo, tampa with a backup QB, chicago, and a rodgersless GB, but both DET WRs 18+ points.

I feel like their defense is currently overrated because they had a long string of bad offenses.
I think that it's all tied to Lattimore's presence. He was hurt in the Redskins game and did not play the following games against the Rams and Panthers. He's returning against the Falcons though.

Edit: Actually I misread something and Lattimore may not play this week or is at least much more of a GTD than I thought.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 6, 2017

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

I think that it's all tied to Lattimore's presence. He was hurt in the Redskins game and did not play the following games against the Rams and Panthers. He's returning against the Falcons though.

Edit: Actually I misread something and Lattimore may not play this week or is at least much more of a GTD than I thought.

Impossible to test, but I don't really buy it. They did play a string of struggling offenses in a row -- first full game without rodgers; bears (though they allowed 92 yards to tre McBridge who is now a FA); TB without winston; buffalo. These are all offenses that have done poorly against multiple defenses, good and bad.

Lattimore played against Detroit when Tate and put up 18.6 and 19.1 points. He played against the Fin's struggle offense when parker put up 10 and landry put up 7 (Cutler, who has obviously not been good went 20/28). He played against the Vikings when Thielen and Diggs each put up 20+. He played against the pats when hogan had 16 and dorsett had 9, and gronk had 100+ yards and a TD.

You could say those were the first 4 games of the season so he was adjusting to the league, but it seems just as likely that the high performance of the defense is more tied to the poor offense teams they were playing. Particularly when you notice that we aren't talking about 1 player who is performing well in these games, we are talking about multitudes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Join me on this Anderson train while our gronks are grounded.

I've got my ticket for this train, sir.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

I think Bills vs IND might not be too bad, but not sure if it's better than the Ravens DST.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

I think Bills vs IND might not be too bad, but not sure if it's better than the Ravens DST.

I actually think I'd stream vs DEN.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

MacheteZombie posted:

Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

Jets would be my choice here. And honestly, the Bills might be my second choice too.

I have Prescott; Goff and Stafford were just dropped. I'm seriously agonizing over who to pick up and who to start at QB this week. Stafford and Prescott have to play in Seattle in weeks 15 and 16 though they obviously have the better matchup this week.

So as far as this week goes at least, who's the best start?

Stafford @ TB
Prescott @ NYG
Goff vs. Philly

Edit: Both Stafford and Prescott are dealing with minor injuries too.

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 6, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

I benched Bal this week and am playing Cin over Bills (until I hear that Tyrod is playing instead of mr. 5 int). Then I might switch it but I'd roll with either over Bal this week. Especially after Jimmy Smith is now out for the season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think the QB one is a tossup, but I would lean Goff. Garoppolo is still an unknown at this point, and Phi has still had games where they gave up a lot of points to QBs. Houston is pretty bad though, tough decision.

I think you're definitely right on picking CIN against CHI. CHI doesn't turn the ball over much, but they don't score at all. It's at least a way less risky option.

:respek:

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

MacheteZombie posted:

Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

I’d go bills. Ben does better at home.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I benched Bal this week and am playing Cin over Bills (until I hear that Tyrod is playing instead of mr. 5 int). Then I might switch it but I'd roll with either over Bal this week. Especially after Jimmy Smith is now out for the season.

Oh drat I forgot Tyrod jacked his knee up.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Here's another one since I talked up Robby Anderson and it's making me question my QB situation:

Newton vs Min

Keenum @ Car
Winston vs GB
McCown @Den

I'd have to drop someone on my roster to get McCown. Worried about Cam against that Minn DST even at home.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Anyone have opinions about Cle v GB for D? It’s either them, Bills, or Jets. I have Baltimore, but now I’m having doubts and wondering if I should make a switch.

I’m a little reluctant to go Bills, even against Ind.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Anyone have opinions about Cle v GB for D? It’s either them, Bills, or Jets. I have Baltimore, but now I’m having doubts and wondering if I should make a switch.

Scroll up

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn’t see anyone with opinions on Cleveland though, unless i missed it.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Zauper posted:

Impossible to test, but I don't really buy it. They did play a string of struggling offenses in a row -- first full game without rodgers; bears (though they allowed 92 yards to tre McBridge who is now a FA); TB without winston; buffalo. These are all offenses that have done poorly against multiple defenses, good and bad.

Lattimore played against Detroit when Tate and put up 18.6 and 19.1 points. He played against the Fin's struggle offense when parker put up 10 and landry put up 7 (Cutler, who has obviously not been good went 20/28). He played against the Vikings when Thielen and Diggs each put up 20+. He played against the pats when hogan had 16 and dorsett had 9, and gronk had 100+ yards and a TD.

You could say those were the first 4 games of the season so he was adjusting to the league, but it seems just as likely that the high performance of the defense is more tied to the poor offense teams they were playing. Particularly when you notice that we aren't talking about 1 player who is performing well in these games, we are talking about multitudes.
The Vikings offense suckerpunched them in week 1 but Lattimore gave Brandin Cooks (2-37) fits in the game against the Pats. He was covering the top outside guy so that was Cooks in that one; Hogan was doing a lot of damage out of the slot and of course he wasn't covering Gronk. Then Parker and Landry were absolutely held in check throughout the Saints/Dolphins game; if not for a 21-yard catch for Parker on the final garbage time Dolphins drive, both would've ended the game with 40-something receiving yards. The Detroit game, yeah he did get bested by Marvin Jones (wasn't matched up with Tate) but looking back now, I think that had more to do with Marvin Jones' breakout this year than poor play by Lattimore. I feel like that's much more of a mixed bag than you are presenting. At this point, Lattimore is allowing a 47.4 passer rating on passes thrown in his coverage, which is third-lowest among cornerbacks. He is a legit Defensive ROY candidate and will be a factor against outside WRs when he plays.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 7, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
.5 ppr

WR1: Hopkins vs SF
WR2: Evans vs DET
Flex: Funchess vs MIN or Goodwin @ HOU

I begrudgingly am willing to stay in the fire with Evans. I’m not sure what to do about my flex; Goodwin has a savory matchup and I’m concerned that Funchess will draw Xavier Rhodes. I can also flex Olsen but prefer he pass the eye test first.

The guy I’m playing just switched his QB from McCown to Jameis. He and I battle for the final playoff spot.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh drat I forgot Tyrod jacked his knee up.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Here's another one since I talked up Robby Anderson and it's making me question my QB situation:

Newton vs Min

Keenum @ Car
Winston vs GB
McCown @Den

I'd have to drop someone on my roster to get McCown. Worried about Cam against that Minn DST even at home.
Yeah, I feel like Minnesota's defense can keep Newton in check and feel better about the Keenum/McCown options as QB1s with safer floors. I think you'd be okay with either of the two; hard to feel that strongly about one over the other. McCown is probably facing the tougher defense but could see the more favorable game script.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Yeah, I feel like Minnesota's defense can keep Newton in check and feel better about the Keenum/McCown options as QB1s with safer floors. I think you'd be okay with either of the two; hard to feel that strongly about one over the other. McCown is probably facing the tougher defense but could see the more favorable game script.

I’d go Keenum over all those options. He has the better system in place to support production.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Alex Collins RB - bal @ pit

or

Peyton Barber RB - tb v Det

or

Joe Mixon RB - cin v Chi

PPR

So Collins has is migraines and is TD dependent, and I think the game script will be against him.

Barber has only one game sample and Muscle Hamster had a full practice (Tho did not clear the Concussion protocol yet)

Mixon is a DNP and distat 3rd on this list.

So some one talk me into Barber.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

I too have BAL. I picked up DAL (@ NYG). I'd rather have a middling D/ST versus a bad team than a bad D/ST versus an bad team. Not sure if I'll start DAL or BAL yet.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

ScottyJSno posted:

or

or

Joe Mixon RB - cin v Chi

PPR

So Collins has is migraines and is TD dependent, and I think the game script will be against him.

Barber has only one game sample and Muscle Hamster had a full practice (Tho did not clear the Concussion protocol yet)

Detroit has given up the more Rushing yards than Chicago and Pitt... and double the rushing TD's. Barber could be the safest choice.

TE Gronk Replacement .5PPR:

Jack Doyle (IND) @ BUF
Steven Anderson(HOU) vs SF

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Suave Fedora posted:

.5 ppr

WR2: Evans vs DET
Flex: Funchess vs MIN or Goodwin @ HOU

I begrudgingly am willing to stay in the fire with Evans. I’m not sure what to do about my flex; Goodwin has a savory matchup and I’m concerned that Funchess will draw Xavier Rhodes. I can also flex Olsen but prefer he pass the eye test first.

The guy I’m playing just switched his QB from McCown to Jameis. He and I battle for the final playoff spot.

I'd go Goodwin over Funchess because of Rhodes.

TUS posted:

Detroit has given up the more Rushing yards than Chicago and Pitt... and double the rushing TD's. Barber could be the safest choice.

TE Gronk Replacement .5PPR:

Jack Doyle (IND) @ BUF
Steven Anderson(HOU) vs SF

Doyle

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I'm worried that if Ingram plays tonight he won't be at 100%. Am I outsmarting myself if I sit him for Morris? Which 3 should I start?

Kamara v ATL
Ingram v ATL
Miller @ SF
Morris @ NYG

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Need to figure out who I'm going to start in my FLEX for Week 14. ESPN 0.5 PPR. Here is my current RB/WR Lineup.

RB1: Gurley vs PHI
RB2: Gordon vs WAS
WR2: Allen vs WAS
FLEX: J. Jones vs NO

Potential FLEX players are:

J. Jones vs NO
Hunt vs OAK
Perine @LAC

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Evans or Robbie Anderson in PPR?

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast

RCarr posted:

Evans.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd go Goodwin over Funchess because of Rhodes.

Let us walk together into the fire :geno:

Kinfolk Jones posted:

Need to figure out who I'm going to start in my FLEX for Week 14. ESPN 0.5 PPR. Here is my current RB/WR Lineup.

J. Jones vs NO
Hunt vs OAK
Perine @LAC

When Julio Jones is your flex option, you’re doing things right.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks for the qb advice. Leaning keenum at the moment.

Pick 2
PPR: WR=.5, RB=.75, TE=1pt
Evans vs Det
Samaje Perine @LAC

Funchess vs Min
ASJ @DEN
DThom vs NYJ
Kareem Hunt vs OAK

I also have Crabtree @KCC, LaMiller vs SFO (a must start imo), and Marvin Jones @TBB starting. Crabtree I could be talked into benching as well.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 7, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kinfolk Jones posted:

J. Jones vs NO
Hunt vs OAK
Perine @LAC

I agree with your starts.

You probably already know this, but be sure to not flex a Thursday player, if it is at all avoidable, so you have more options during the weekend if there is a last minute injury. So move Jones to WR2 and flex Allen because he's playing the latest

Also, here's Spoeank's take on start/sit Samaje Perine

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Which defense should I be starting this week?

Buffalo vs Ind
Tennessee vs Ari

Those seem to be the best of many bad options:

EDIT: jfc this team has a loving bye what is wrong with me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Need help with my position players outside of QB and TE. 1 PPR. 2 RB/2WR/1 Flex

Hunt vs. Oak
Howard @ Cin
Alshon @ LAR
Landry vs. NE
Tyreek vs. Oak

Amari @ KC
Jamaal Williams @ Cle
Aaron Jones @ Cle
Mike Davis

Bold are my current starters. I'm just second-guessing playing Howard and wondering if I should put Jamaal Williams in. I'm getting worried about my match-up since Gronk isn't playing and I really don't want to lose to a guy who will start Tyrod and Rawls.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

If you're rostering both tes already I'd drop clay for brate. For who to start, leaning Brate. Winston loves him for some reason.

ASJ ain't bad and Denver has been bad against tes iirc. He's just gotten super unlucky with tds.

Thanks for this. Picked up Brate.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

1 PPR

Funchess
Agholor
Tevin Coleman

The problems here are that I'm already starting Freeman and Funchess has a really tough matchup.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Pick two WRs and a FLEX (Standard):

Marvin Jones @ TB
Stefon Diggs @ Car
Jordan Howard @ Cin
Sammy Watkins vs Phi
Marquise Goodwin @ Hou

Leaning Jones/Diggs and Howard. Will probably sit Jones if Stafford isn't playing. Could see sitting Diggs for either Watkins/Goodwin though honestly. Also Howard has been dudding hard, so maybe I should just play 3 WRs? Ugh.

Our playoffs are two weeks so I'd rather have solid floor plays instead of big upside if that matters.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

headcase posted:

1 PPR

Funchess
Agholor
Tevin Coleman

The problems here are that I'm already starting Freeman and Funchess has a really tough matchup.

Yeah, I guess Agholor here, but the Rams have a good pass D. Funchess has a lovely matchup and I wouldn't play both Freeman and Coleman.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

RCarr posted:

Anderson, but I'm biased because Evans hosed a few of my teams last week. Honestly I'd play Anderson for floor or Evans if you need big upside.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Robby Anderson apparently aggravated a hamstring injury today, FYI. So that might make for an easier decision for a bunch of y'all.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

ScottyJSno posted:

or

or

Joe Mixon RB - cin v Chi

PPR

It looks like Martin is going to play (cleared the protocol), so I wouldn't play Barber unless there is news that he is starting, but even then I'd worry. I don't think Mixon will play this week. Play Collins.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Need to pick 2 QBs:

Russell Wilson @ Jax
Dak Prescott @ New York Football Giants
Jameis Winston v. Det

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

tonic posted:

Anderson, but I'm biased because Evans hosed a few of my teams last week. Honestly I'd play Anderson for floor or Evans if you need big upside.

I love Robby but he aggravated his hamstring today in practice so all Robby owners should prep a backup plan.

e:fb; phone lag :arghfist:

• Locked thread