Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Either way, good or not, Sony shouldn't be breaking games when they port them like this. Jak 1 was shoved out in an unworkable state too, and combined with the glacial pace that PS2 Classics seem to come out, Sony just comes off as being the worst at re-releasing their back catalog out of any of the big three these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

No, Jak II is bad my dude, and I'm even a fan of 1 and 3. It's a game that feels like staff at Naughty Dog were going in and out the door in perpetual transition (which is basically what was happening at the time), and therefore has almost no concrete identity. It's ambitious, sure, but at this point only serves as a set-up for Jak3: Fury Road

GTA3 might be the single defining game of the PS2 gen, and Vice City was such a perfect refinement of its design that even San Andreas felt like old hat by the time it came out.

Bloodsouls.

Jam II is better than both 3 and Vice city but that is more because GTA is trash outside SA the one good game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlestheHammer posted:

Jam II is better than both 3 and Vice city but that is more because GTA is trash outside SA the one good game.

here is my response to this post

VVVV burn, yo

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 6, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

here is my response to this post

Fitting it lacks substance like a GTA game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

What the gently caress

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What the gently caress

Sorry I meant Jak, Jam II is mediocre at best.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

Any any of your opinions good?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Well, San Andreas is really good so actually nevermind.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fruit on the bottom posted:

Any any of your opinions good?

Could ask the same of you

But I know the answer so it's pointless.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You know what IS good?

Video games.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

Could ask the same of you

But I know the answer so it's pointless.

Aw, schucks

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's okay.

We are all trashmen here

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah with the exception of color pallet I can’t think of anything Vice City does better than San Andreas, and GTA sucks because the combat is balls rear end, every gun is the same, every game

Jak 2/3 have lots of different toys in the toy box, it’s more fun for me than any amount of GTA “Drive here, shoot fitty men, drive home”

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah with the exception of color pallet I can’t think of anything Vice City does better than San Andreas, and GTA sucks because the combat is balls rear end, every gun is the same, every game

Jak 2/3 have lots of different toys in the toy box, it’s more fun for me than any amount of GTA “Drive here, shoot fitty men, drive home”

Yeah GTA 3 and vice city played like rear end even at the time.

It got popular because no one really tried to do what it did.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao Destiny 2's first "expansion" is less than 2hrs long
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7hxo0g/destiny_2s_curse_of_orsiris_campaign_is_only_1/

so glad I sold that game when I could get a good return

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Was thinking of picking up Dying Light the enhanced version. Is it alright to pick it up used ?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7hxo0g/destiny_2s_curse_of_orsiris_campaign_is_only_1/

I have rarely felt so ripped off by a game as I did by Destiny 2.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I am SO glad I never jumped in on the season pass. I stopped playing about a month ago, and I still managed to fully max out three characters in that short time frame. Bungie is just not giving it's hardcore playerbase ANY incentive to keep playing, mainly because all the best end-game loot is trapped behind loot boxes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHGqBHlbNY

Check out this rad as gently caress F-Zero-like.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

Please....PLEASE let that play as good as it looks.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think I just prefer the setting for Vice City, tbh. Also the lack of trains. SA aced the polish though.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's okay.

We are all trashmen here

For the fate of video games and the fate of goons is the same; all are from the trash and all turn to trash again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so it's just like the first expansion for destiny 1 then

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Second verse, same as the first.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Was thinking of picking up Dying Light the enhanced version. Is it alright to pick it up used ?

All of the DLC should be on the disc, so you're good.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Policenaut posted:

They used a split-screen shot in this trailer, that better goddamn well mean there's local multiplayer.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got the Evil Within for €6.
I hit the options button after the very first cutscene in the game and it crashed.

:allears:

E:
I restarted and it crashed during the cutscene

E:
Picked up some keys... the game crashed

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 6, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

How did they make the exact same mistake as the first game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In EDF5 picking up the same weapon drop gradually improves the stats of that weapon, and you can pick up weapons for other classes. Also, completing a stage on a difficulty level marks it as complete for lower difficulty levels too. Still can’t tell if armor collecting is the traditional bullshit or not though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They really bungied that up.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

nachos posted:

You call it a mistake, they call it milking the stupid idiots who fell for it for the second time.

Fool them once, shame on you, fool them twice, sh...ut up and take their money because they deserve to be fleeced.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nachos posted:

destiny sold really well and was one of the most popular multiplayer games on the ps4. why would they fix anything when people are willing to buy into it as is

the popularity of destiny always confuses me. more power to the people that liked it but it sucks that they got away with selling like 1/3 of a game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

In EDF5 picking up the same weapon drop gradually improves the stats of that weapon, and you can pick up weapons for other classes. Also, completing a stage on a difficulty level marks it as complete for lower difficulty levels too. Still can’t tell if armor collecting is the traditional bullshit or not though.

Thank god

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Manatee Cannon posted:

destiny sold really well and was one of the most popular multiplayer games on the ps4. why would they fix anything when people are willing to buy into it as is

the popularity of destiny always confuses me. more power to the people that liked it but it sucks that they got away with selling like 1/3 of a game

I really liked the Division, which plays similar. And crazy enough, they are still producing content for that game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TaurusOxford posted:

Please....PLEASE let that play as good as it looks.

Except why not just play Wipeout since this game looks like a Wipeout-clone and bears absolutely no resemblance to F-Zero. :shrug:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In Yakuza Kiwami 2 you can pick up weapons in combat and pocket them rather than them disappearing at the end of combat. It’s a revolution!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Manatee Cannon posted:

There's plenty to criticize og Destiny for but the "x hours of gameplay per dollar" is a really dumb one. it had a campaign that was roughly similar in length to a Call of Duty or other peers and plenty of coop and comp multiplayer content for people who wanted it. Granted the campaign sucked and was nonsensical but it was plenty of game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

blackguy32 posted:

I really liked the Division, which plays similar. And crazy enough, they are still producing content for that game.
Yeah they just dropped a new expansion yesterday. Offers a new PvE and PvP mode, changes to the PvP zone to make it less rear end, and updated one of the paid expansions. If you're not attached to spacemen it's a good shoot n' loot. It too had a crapton of problems at launch, much like D1/D2 but they've kept working on it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'd care more about The Division if the loot I got was cooler and not literally stuff I'm wearing as I'm playing the game. I put a bunch of time into that game last year and it's all purple tactilol stuff and jeans.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pretty much. I played through the main campaign in the first game and then just traded it in because the end game stuff was loving dire but i have a friend who is obsessed with the series and takes days off work and poo poo when new content drops.

He complains about how poo poo and lightweight it all is after a couple of hours every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I'd care more about The Division if the loot I got was cooler and not literally stuff I'm wearing as I'm playing the game. I put a bunch of time into that game last year and it's all purple tactilol stuff and jeans.

There's something about it that makes me bounce off it. I like the setting, the guns but the shooting doesn't feel great. Destiny has awful movement and other flaws but shooting is fun at least (not talking about 2 since I didn't play it).