Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The most notable Persona is Trumpeter, who is a Group Fusion. Aside from a solid set of elemental resistances, he also learns Debilitate, which is Tarunda + Rakunda + Sukunda all rolled into one.

Honestly though, it's not too hard just fusing whatever works for your level. You can save your money til near the end of the game and you want to fill out more of your Compendium.

The 7th palace isn't incredibly difficult especially now that you've got the full team altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Around what palace does the strategy of "Have two or three Personas with every possible elemental attack between them and never let the enemy get a turn" stop working and I have to start actually worrying about resistances and defense?

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Fhqwhgads posted:

Around what palace does the strategy of "Have two or three Personas with every possible elemental attack between them and never let the enemy get a turn" stop working and I have to start actually worrying about resistances and defense?

In 4 or 5 you start running into enemies with no weaknesses semi-regularly. Just having every elemental attack will still take you a long way though, as long as you invested in your SP Adhesives to be able to keep it up.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Arcsech posted:

In 4 or 5 you start running into enemies with no weaknesses semi-regularly. Just having every elemental attack will still take you a long way though, as long as you invested in your SP Adhesives to be able to keep it up.

Yeah I have four adhesive 3's so SP is not as much of a concern as it used to be.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I found that baton passing triggers the SP adhesive, so a good strategy to recover free SP is to pass into a melee hit or a guard. Extra useful in palace 5 with weak-to-melee shadow groups

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
When you start running into no-weaknesss enemies Morgana and a prayer becomes your new best friend.

That, or just start abusing Down Shot.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ApplesandOranges posted:

My preferred method. It's a shame that spare ammo packs have such insane material requirements, but I guess it would be too easy if you could have infinite ammo and just spam Down Shot for the entire rest of the game.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

ApplesandOranges posted:

When you start running into no-weaknesss enemies Morgana and a prayer becomes your new best friend.

No-weakness enemies have a tendency to be particularly susceptible to status effects as well if you just need to kill them.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Grabbed this on PSN with the discount. Only gripe I have so far is that the touch-pad online advice thing should filter between people who are not on a NG+. I was confused as gently caress for a couple of hours how people were spending time with Takemi, and so many levels higher than me on the first couple of days they give you free reign, until I figured out the game had NG+.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

AG3 posted:

My preferred method. It's a shame that spare ammo packs have such insane material requirements, but I guess it would be too easy if you could have infinite ammo and just spam Down Shot for the entire rest of the game.

Wait, ammo packs?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PJOmega posted:

Wait, ammo packs?

You can craft them

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

You can craft them

Huh. I never saw past Smokescreen, and never saw any of the incombat tools. Guessing they're on separate pages from the Picks/Convertizers/Goho-Mm

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
They're on the rightmost tab. You do have to get Morgana past SL rank 5 first, but you'll have already done that by the time you can even form the Tower SL.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Anyone have any luck running P5 on RPCS3? Could you talk about your experience/configuration?

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I named my character This Guy for ng+. It's already written in, most places.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dorkopotamis posted:

Anyone have any luck running P5 on RPCS3? Could you talk about your experience/configuration?

A quick Google search netted these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTi3AEJqNbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Key3m0BiPck

It also looks like Atlus sent them a copyright strike.

Also, holy crap, I didn't know that there was a PS3 emulator! Being able to play PS3 games in 4K sounds cool (provided they run properly). I'm curious if there's a XBOX/360 emulator that's made similar progress.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
There was an update posted this month for the emulator this month, but I'm not sure what effect it has had. All I've heard is that the game runs smooth as butter everywhere besides in town, where it sometimes slows to a crawl. I've heard varying accounts using wildly different configurations, but nothing recent.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

It should be. One of Ryuji's generic voice lines for the non-voiced scenes is "For Real?!" If you include those I'd bet the length doubles.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Nice. https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/936432332239548416

5er
Jun 1, 2000

The curse of binging on this game is getting the evening music stuck in your head.

Ahm a shipshepooh
wear both mascaras
riding my place in line
a freeper used to chaw

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Don't look up the lyrics, it ruins the magic.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
The lyrics in the P5 songs are way easier to make out than they were in P4 though. Progress... I guess?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Fhqwhgads posted:

Don't look up the lyrics, it ruins the magic.

Totally.

P3, P4 and P5 have always impressed me with the decent quality hybrid / fusion jazz they've always used. Doesn't sound like anything a bunch of twat highschoolers would listen to, but it still worked for the game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

5er posted:

P3, P4 and P5 have always impressed me with the decent quality hybrid / fusion jazz they've always used. Doesn't sound like anything a bunch of twat highschoolers would listen to, but it still worked for the game.
Yusuke and Joker seem like they might be the right kind of twat to be into it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Finally picked the game up again after ignoring it for a while. The 7th palace is pretty long, but I've still got 17 days left, and it might go a bit better because I finally decided to take a look at accessories sold at the clinic and found out that was where the SP Adhesive are at. :downs: I only bought one for Joker, though.

Does anyone know easy/hard it would be to platinum this game?

EDIT: Additionally, is there a specific level I should be at or try to get to at this point? I'm at Level 58 currently.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 10, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Max Wilco posted:

Finally picked the game up again after ignoring it for a while. The 7th palace is pretty long, but I've still got 17 days left, and it might go a bit better because I finally decided to take a look at accessories sold at the clinic and found out that was where the SP Adhesive are at. :downs: I only bought one for Joker, though.

Does anyone know easy/hard it would be to platinum this game?

EDIT: Additionally, is there a specific level I should be at or try to get to at this point? I'm at Level 58 currently.

Outside of the newgame+ boss, the biggest issue with platinuming the game is money in order to do all the fusions. So while it will take a bit of time, it is not really that difficult.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm on track to Platinuming (all I really need to do is complete the compendium). It's either getting enough money, or levelling up high enough with the Reaper trick that you're not spending money to fuse above your level that much.

It's possible you might miss a couple things (like the vending machine trophy), but in a NG+ you have so much free time I can't see you missing much else unless you had no idea about some of the Treasure Demons or never realized there were additional tabs in the crafting tools section.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Hunt11 posted:

Outside of the newgame+ boss, the biggest issue with platinuming the game is money in order to do all the fusions. So while it will take a bit of time, it is not really that difficult.

Money has been the least of my problems, after unlocking and buying SP Adhesive 3's (Death confidant rank 5). Prior to those, I would just grind every trip in Mementos or a Palace until I was completely drained of SP, which would still take a long-assed time. Now that I have 4 of em, I pretty much stay in a dungeon until I can't stand it any more. Mementos, with the constantly refreshing chest opportunities, is profitable as you can ask.
There's also some Mementos boss confuse trick out there for extorting shitpiles of money a whole lot faster, but I haven't bothered trying that yet. I might with NG+ when I get to it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I just used the boss confuse trick to get 9m yen and I'm pretty much set for money until endgame. It really didn't take that long either.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Buy SP adhesives for everyone, my dog

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Those things were honestly so good I didn't want to buy more than one. I gave it to Joker because he uses so much more SP than everyone else but it just didn't feel right to have everybody using one, I still wanted to play what I felt was "legit" for whatever reason.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

TriffTshngo posted:

Those things were honestly so good I didn't want to buy more than one. I gave it to Joker because he uses so much more SP than everyone else but it just didn't feel right to have everybody using one, I still wanted to play what I felt was "legit" for whatever reason.

I get you... but lol gently caress that. It all evens out for me because I'm going to go apeshit completionist on it anyhow. Every exploit just gives me back hours of my life.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I only bought one for Joker because I wanted to avoid/null everyone else's weaknesses.

After rank 10 I had enough late game tier accessories and spare SP restoratives that I didn't need them.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I made it up to what I think is the last boss (Shido), but I got wiped out pretty quickly at the start of the fight. Joker was able to stay alive the longest thanks to Rangda, but it mostly resulted in trading physical attacks that were blocked by both sides. The charge-up attack, however, hits regardless of physical immunity.

I'm at Level 59 (the rest of the party is at 58), and I think the average level is 62 at this point. Do I need to grind some levels to try and make it through? I've still got 16 days left until the deadline.

Am I also correct in assuming that that's there still another palace or huge challenge after this?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Make the most of your buffs. That fight's pretty brutal, so keeping Masukukaja and Marakukaja up can be lifesavers. Also, if you try to debuff him each turn, he'll be forced to spend one of his moves to remove it. The first stage of that fight is probably the hardest part.

And regarding your assumption: There's a bit more after that, yes.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Arist posted:

Make the most of your buffs. That fight's pretty brutal, so keeping Masukukaja and Marakukaja up can be lifesavers. Also, if you try to debuff him each turn, he'll be forced to spend one of his moves to remove it. The first stage of that fight is probably the hardest part.

And regarding your assumption: There's a bit more after that, yes.

I sort of figured there was going to be something else (I looked at the trophy list and got an idea of what was coming up).

Would it still be worthwhile to level up a bit or grab any specific equipment, skills, or items? Since I made my last post, I've made it up to level 60.

I've got a full roster of Personae ranging from levels 46 to 66 (some were from leveling up the Strength confidant to the max level; I've also got one level 71 Persona: Black Frost). A couple are ones I just recruited while trying to gain some more levels (Forneus[63], Oberon[66], Baphomet[58]). Rangda's been pretty useful with the immunity to fire and reflection of phys/gun attacks, and she's got Matarunda, so I could use that in regards to the debuff trick you mentioned. Still, I don't know if there's another Persona I should summon or fuse for an easier time.

I get the impression that stronger weapons aren't going to make much of a difference, but I was wondering if there was anything I should seek out in regards to armor or accessories. I got the SP Adhesive for Joker, but for the most part, the accessories I've got don't seem like they'd make much of a difference.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

This turd of an article is a little old but it made me mad and I'm not sure where else to rant about it so here

https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/17/15328360/persona-5-japanese-punk

The first thing this guy thinks when he comes across a Japanese game about punishing the unjust is to reassert that the Asiatic brain is in fact still not capable of the same degree of appreciation for justice/rational, individual thought as the white brain, even when he cites a loving East Asian studies academic who says no that's nonsense. That the author is Korean himself makes it even more bizarre

This is why I basically can't do Japanese media anymore, or at least the American/Western group consumption of it. That this degree of casual, open racism towards Asian people remains 100% normal in mainstream discourse in TYOOL 2018 is loving insane and unacceptable, and I'm not sure why any right-minded person would put up with it

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 27, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Koreans are hella racist against Japanese people tho (and vice versa)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Maybe just play video games instead of reading lovely articles about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe just play video games instead of reading lovely articles about them

Getting mad at lovely op-eds on the internet is less time consuming, also (usually) funnier than getting mad at video games