Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the yosmas gifts have been assembled. i will ship out this week.

yosmas is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the yosmas gifts have been assembled. i will ship out this week.

yosmas is coming

set this joke up and some idiot will take a charge at it

i hope whoever gets the hovercraft full of eels appreciates that it's not a gamecube full of redacted

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: pin 4 was sticky, gently caress this lock :frogsiren:

inside was a bunch of taped up stuff and a note

the note. holy poo poo santa you know me too well

the complete haul
- a trendy cryptocat t-shirt
- a WD Elements external SSD w/ cable. size and contents unknown
- a "Caniam Lens" thermos mug. I going to use this to give my photographer friend a heart attack
- a coffee mug containing a panel from the Yusuke Murata redraw of One-Punch Man, in which Saitama reacts to Lord Boros losing his heavy armor
- an engraved bottle of The Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 year old single malt scotch wiskey
- 3 assorted locks
- Southord 22pc Lockpick set and leather case
- The Box

a close up of the personalized bottle. Pat is my brother and roommate who will not be sampling any scotch. this got opened immediately btw

holy gently caress santa you rule. I'm def going to have to step my game up for my santee after seeing all this.

now i just needto find a linux live cd to boot into to see whats on this harddrive

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

a) how did that get through customs
b) how did that all fit in the box
c) how does it taste

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

a) how did that get through customs

It's only illegal if you get caught

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

It's only illegal if you get caught

i couldn't even send my christmas target a gift box because at latvian post they force you to open package and have post officer examine everything you are sending, sometimes even asking receipts so they know how accurate is the figure you write on the parcel worth declaration

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i couldn't even send my christmas target a gift box because at latvian post they force you to open package and have post officer examine everything you are sending, sometimes even asking receipts so they know how accurate is the figure you write on the parcel worth declaration

Soviet Europe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

cinci zoo sniper posted:

for intl only or domestic too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

for intl only or domestic too

any, but clerks usually don't care about domestic, and don't ask value on them. anything intl gets really scrutinised, even inside eu

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/tomkaffikopp/status/938107205269716992

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

because people forgot their history

by history, i mean the french revolution

and by the french revolution, i mean the guillotine

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hello Optimus_Rhyme!

santa want you to know that if you haven't received your gifts already they should arrive between today and friday

edit: apparently some, not all, of your gifts will be arriving

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 6, 2017

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
got my xmas gifts for my santee

hope they're big on greenpos

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have to send my gifts sometime this week

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
only a few more weeks until my presents arrive! :dance:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Someone drop-shipped me a plastic hydrocephalic climatologist and I suspect it was one of you lot. Thank you, mysterious Santa, now I have something to fall over of its own accord and scare the poo poo out of me!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

flakeloaf posted:

Someone drop-shipped me a plastic hydrocephalic climatologist and I suspect it was one of you lot. Thank you, mysterious Santa, now I have something to fall over of its own accord and scare the poo poo out of me!

ban you and your santa for anime

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

ban you and your santa for anime

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
anime and fuckopoop

wow drat that's harsh, that's worse than a lump of coal. did you run over your santa's dog this year or something?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

if I’d known uSPS adjusted their rates up I would have drop shipped a lot more stuff this year

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

what is drop shipping?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what is drop shipping?

cutting out the middle man and having the store ship it to the santee directly vs. shipping to yourself and repacking and shipping again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sniep posted:

cutting out the middle man and having the store ship it to the santee directly vs. shipping to yourself and repacking and shipping again

oic

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

cmon guys animei was right there

also i'm not so sure about this "anime equals a drawing of something i don't like" rule; maining mei should be bannable all by itself

i'm not normally into these things but this one's pretty fitting so there it standsteeters uneasily

it is wise and good to be thankful to santa

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

cmon guys animei was right there

also i'm not so sure about this "anime equals a drawing of something i don't like" rule; maining mei should be bannable all by itself

i'm not normally into these things but this one's pretty fitting so there it standsteeters uneasily

with you arguing for your own ban the case is clear, i think :colbert:

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

flakeloaf posted:

there's some non-zero chance your main gift won't make it past the mounties, and amazon.ca hates jesus and won't christmas wrap gifts for some reason. this was the only way to not pay another additional $50 in shipping to cross that border.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i both understand and endorse this very sensible workaround

incidentally, the ups store in 13669 is maybe a 75 minute drive from my house

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

flakeloaf posted:

i both understand and endorse this very sensible workaround

incidentally, the ups store in 13669 is maybe a 75 minute drive from my house

"UPS plz hold package for some cannuck, he'll be riding over Niagra in a few hours"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

pretty much

it is quite good and they probably pay their lease with canadian $5s

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

flakeloaf posted:

pretty much

it is quite good and they probably pay their lease with canadian $5s

well sheeeeit. maybe worth putting that in your "instructions to santa" next year if that's how you want to roll. you should have two more packages coming. one more amazon... tomorrow? and then a usps box whenever the drug-spotting moose is done sniffing it your gifts

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 7, 2017

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
im solidly at my plan b which mostly involves ordering random stuff online

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the yosmas is sned

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sad I'm not participating this year but lookin forward to cool gifts on display

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yosmas has been boxed and letter written, i just need to take it to a shipping place to get it out the door.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Cat Face Joe posted:

hello Optimus_Rhyme!

santa want you to know that if you haven't received your gifts already they should arrive between today and friday

edit: apparently some, not all, of your gifts will be arriving

I got some of them. Will post in the am. Took some pictures and have a question.

Edit: And away we go:

Yesterday, I came home and the babysitter said she had to sign for something. Or that someone knocked. I dont remember. Either-way, this was waiting for me:

I literally knew EXACTLY who sent it, look at that tape!

I wonder what could be inside?

Whoa look at this amazing card!

It's literally the first card going on our 'x-mas cards from friends and family string', cause we have none. Also, metal dangly bits on a card? I've literally never seen that before because everyone around here pays $300 for family pictures then uses shutterfly or some poo poo to mail postcards to the same address book as last year in like 5 clicks.

And inside:

Wife: Who's this mushroom person from Latvia?
Me: The internet!

Let's open those boxes and see what we got!

Holy poo poo. My boys will love this. No lie, they're both lego fiends. Here's my question for you santa, can I wrap them up again and put them under the tree for them for Christmas morning? Or do you want them to play/make them now?

Also, my youngest really digs the dog toy, the dog.... we're showing him how it works but he's 11 and is lazy af now.

Here he is thinking the doggie toy is food:

Optimus_Rhyme fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 7, 2017

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

somehow my entire mailbox on SDF got deleted. probably my fault. I have names and addresses but not emails because I’m a big idiot. hopefully we can make this work out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I got some of them. Will post in the am. Took some pictures and have a question.

Edit: And away we go:

Yesterday, I came home and the babysitter said she had to sign for something. Or that someone knocked. I dont remember. Either-way, this was waiting for me:

I literally knew EXACTLY who sent it, look at that tape!

I wonder what could be inside?

Whoa look at this amazing card!

It's literally the first card going on our 'x-mas cards from friends and family string', cause we have none. Also, metal dangly bits on a card? I've literally never seen that before because everyone around here pays $300 for family pictures then uses shutterfly or some poo poo to mail postcards to the same address book as last year in like 5 clicks.

And inside:

Wife: Who's this mushroom person from Latvia?
Me: The internet!

Let's open those boxes and see what we got!

Holy poo poo. My boys will love this. No lie, they're both lego fiends. Here's my question for you santa, can I wrap them up again and put them under the tree for them for Christmas morning? Or do you want them to play/make them now?

Also, my youngest really digs the dog toy, the dog.... we're showing him how it works but he's 11 and is lazy af now.

Here he is thinking the doggie toy is food:

:toot:

glad to hear i managed a decent gift for the kids and the doggo is in a good mood regardless

feel free to wrap the stuff - i would've done that myself, but our mail offices are pita about international stuff so i had to keep the package as open as possible

i hope the rest finds its way to you in time for christmas

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i have shipped a package today. it's only the first of two. ill ship the second, like uh next week idk i wanna wait a few days to see if some packages come

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Silver Alicorn posted:

somehow my entire mailbox on SDF got deleted. probably my fault. I have names and addresses but not emails because I’m a big idiot. hopefully we can make this work out.

should everyone re-email you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

eschaton posted:

should everyone re-email you

I have everyone’s forums names, so... only if you don’t have plat?

• Locked thread