Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Alaois posted:

lmao loving Brady Gustafson

He was a sleeper fav of draft twitter, it’s not that odd. Personally preferred Nick Mullins as a sleeper guy, and was very happy to see him join the 49ers practice squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

He was a sleeper fav of draft twitter, it’s not that odd. Personally preferred Nick Mullins as a sleeper guy, and was very happy to see him join the 49ers practice squad.

Draft twitter is loving stupid and Brady Gustafsons' only notable feature was Being Really Tall

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Alaois posted:

Draft twitter is loving stupid and Brady Gustafsons' only notable feature was Being Really Tall

NFLDraftScout said Brock Osweiler was the 6th best QB in his class :shrug:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

NFLDraftScout said Brock Osweiler was the 6th best QB in his class :shrug:

nobody watches asu games and the dipshits that do come out with opinions like "brock osweiler is good". if someone did then taylor kelly would be the qb for the broncos instead of trevor siemian

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

nobody watches asu games and the dipshits that do come out with opinions like "brock osweiler is good". if someone did then taylor kelly would be the qb for the broncos instead of trevor siemian

If your point is that when you're evaluating based on an extremely limited sample, you have to go out of a limb and make some guesses (based largely on physical traits), you're 100% correct.

Brady Gustafson played for the Montana Grizzlies. They probably have the same viewership as ASU, so you get the same problem.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Alaois posted:

yeah well carson wentz is 6'5" and I don't think I ever saw McNabb (6'2") throw as many passes into the helmets of lineman as wentz has :colbert: (though mcnabbs problem was throwing balls into the dirt but I digress)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
McShay has Rosen #1 now:

quote:

1. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA*

Grade: 94 | Previous rank: 4

Yes, we finally have a change at No. 1. This is still a close race between Sam Darnold and Rosen, but I watched the USC-UCLA game from the sideline and there is a gap between the two QBs right now. As I noted in our draft primer, Rosen is far superior going through his progressions and has a pretty deep ball. He's a better QB right now, but that doesn't mean he will be down the line.

2. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State*

Grade: 94 | Previous rank: 2

Barkley is the best running back in the nation this season. With good balance and terrific lateral agility, he can run away from the defense when he gets to the second level. He has been bottled up as good defenses have started to focus on him, but that doesn't change what I think of him. Barkley is a special talent and one of the best prospects in this class.

3. Sam Darnold, QB, USC*

Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 1

Darnold has made some questionable decisions throwing the football this season (12 INTs is more than his total from 2016) and has picked up some bad habits at USC this season. His accuracy is terrific and he has special intangibles, but there is definitely a question now as to if he'll declare for the draft. If he comes out, he'll still be in the mix for the No. 1 pick.

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama*

Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 3

Fitzpatrick played 14 of 15 games as a true freshman in 2015, started all 15 in 2016 (collecting a team-high six interceptions) and has started every game in 2017. He has an intriguing skill set and has been all over the field this season. He is a true shutdown corner, but can also be used as a safety. A solid all-around player, he could be in the mix for the No. 1 pick depending on the team.

5. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 6

A two-year starter and 2016 team captain, Chubb ended the '16 season ranked fourth in the nation with 22 tackles for loss. He isn't an elite pass-rusher, but he has a good first step and bends well for his size. Chubb is another player who has been productive, with a remarkable 25.0 TFL and 10.0 sacks on the season. He's a great all-around player.

6. Derwin James, S, Florida State*

Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 5

James is one of the most versatile players we've ever evaluated. A third-year sophomore, James tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee in the second game of 2016 and received a medical redshirt. He has played well despite a disappointing season for Florida State. James recently declared for the draft and is another prospect that could be in the mix at No. 1.

7. Arden Key, DE, LSU*

Grade: 92 | Previous rank: 7

The more I watch Key play, the more he reminds me of Miami Dolphins great Jason Taylor. Key missed spring practice for personal reasons and his production wasn't great this season off of his shoulder injury (4.0 sacks, 5.5 TFL), but he's likely the best natural pass-rusher in this class.

8. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College

Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 9

Landry led the nation with 16.5 sacks and seven forced fumbles last season. I still have concerns about his size (listed at 6-foot-3, 250 pounds), but he should be an every-down player in the NFL and teams will value his versatility.

9. Christian Wilkins, DE, Clemson*

Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 10

A disruptive run defender with the foot speed and quick hands to slip blocks rapidly, Wilkins is a high-motor guy who does a great job of getting his hands up in passing windows. He had 140 tackles (17.5 for loss) and 5.5 sacks the past two seasons, and has 4.5 sacks in 2017. His stock has risen considerably from our preseason evaluation.

10. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 12

Ward wasn't high enough on my radar, but I went back and watched some tape from this season -- and, boy, was I impressed. Spending last season behind Marshon Lattimore, Malik Hooker and Gareon Conley (all 2017 first-round picks), he didn't get much playing time, but he has elite fluidity, quickness and recovery speed. He's closing the gap with Fitzpatrick.

11. Connor Williams, OT, Texas*

Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 13

A true junior who started all 23 games in which he appeared coming into this season, Williams is a scheme-versatile blocker. Unfortunately he suffered a sprained MCL and PCL in his left knee, along with a meniscus tear, against USC and missed most of the season. He recently declared for the draft.

12. Derrius Guice, RB, LSU*

Grade: 91 | Previous rank: 14

Guice isn't Leonard Fournette, but he has great quickness and the ability to stick his foot in the ground and get upfield. He has had two breakout games the past three weeks, racking up five TDs and more than 350 rushing yards. Guice really played well late in the season after a slow start.

13. Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Grade: 90 | Previous rank: 15

Ridley doesn't get a chance to showcase his full potential in Alabama's run-heavy offense, but he has averaged 16.2 yards per catch this season. He also has scored three touchdowns. A player with outstanding foot quickness and a nightmare in the open field, Ridley has good acceleration. He's the clear No. 1 receiver in this class.

14. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

Grade: 90 | Previous rank: 16

In 2016, McGlinchey moved from right tackle to the left side vacated by Ravens first-round pick Ronnie Stanley. An above-average zone blocker, McGlinchey plays angles well and gives good effort. He has first-round potential.

15. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming*

Grade: 90 | Previous rank: 8

Outside of scouting circles, Allen was a relative unknown coming into the season. He didn't have a Division I scholarship out of high school. His three appearances in the national spotlight (at Iowa, vs. Oregon, at Boise State) didn't go well, but it's not all on his shoulders. He has an elite arm and frame (listed at 6-foot-5, 233 pounds) and can make every throw. The postseason process will be key for him, as this is a big fall from where I thought he'd be ending the regular season.

16. Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M*

Grade: 89 | Previous rank: 17

Kirk hasn't been running an NFL route tree at Texas A&M, but he's a solid all-around player and dangerous punt returner. He has seven touchdowns this season and was sensational in the 50-43 win over Arkansas. He may be a slot receiver in the NFL.

17. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame*

Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 18

Nelson is a road-grader with the size (listed at 6-foot-5, 325 pounds), strength, polish and toughness to start immediately in the NFL.

18. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson*

Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 19

This is Ferrell's second appearance on my top 32 list this season, and it's due mostly to his phenomenal performance against Syracuse, when he collected 3.5 sacks and 5.5 TFL. He has good size (6-foot-5, 260 pounds) and is explosive coming off the edge. He's continuing to rise.

19. Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia*

Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 20

An athletic sideline-to-sideline weakside linebacker, Smith has impressed recently. Even with all of the speed on Georgia's defense, he stands out. He has 5.5 sacks and 10.5 TFL on the season, but his potential far outweighs those numbers.

20. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU*

Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 21

My fifth-ranked wide receiver coming into the season, Sutton is a smooth route runner who has the ability to make the first defender miss.

21. Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa*

Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 22

When you make a highlight-reel interception in a big-time game as Jackson did against Ohio State, you tend to make these lists. And when you record three INTs in that game? You definitely do. Jackson is long with natural cover skills and attacks the ball like a wide receiver. He's still developing consistency with his footwork and eyes, but he looks like, at worst, an early Day 2 pick if he comes out. He has seven INTs this season, which is tied for tops in the nation.

22. Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama*

Grade: 87 | Previous rank: 23

Harrison is a player who really grew on me during film study. He has some tightness when playing man-to-man, and his ball skills need to improve, but he has the potential to be a starting free safety in the NFL.

23. Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn*

Grade: 87 | Previous rank: NR

His first appearance on the top 32 this season, I've been impressed with Johnson this season. With 17 TDs and more than 1,300 yards rushing, he carried Auburn within a game of the College Football Playoff, playing through a shoulder injury.

24. Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma*

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 25

The son of the late Orlando "Zeus" Brown, the younger Brown is a better fit at right tackle in the pros, though he has played exclusively at left tackle in a run-heavy Oklahoma scheme. He is part of an offensive line that was extremely impressive in Week 2 against Ohio State's stout defensive front. I'll be interested to see how he holds up against Georgia's front in the CFB Playoff.

25. Derrick Nnadi, DT, Florida State

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 27

A two-year starter, Nnadi is coming off his most productive season (49 tackles, 10.5 TFL, six sacks). He is an outstanding run defender and consistently displays a low center of gravity to occupy multiple blockers.

26. Billy Price, OG, Ohio State

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 26

An experienced three-year starter at guard heading into his senior year, Price is a plug-and-play NFL starter who should be steady in the league. He's playing center for the Buckeyes in 2017, although he has struggled with some high snaps recently.

27. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 28

My ninth-ranked QB entering the season, Mayfield has done a ton to improve his draft stock. A former walk-on and Texas Tech transfer, he has finished third and fourth in Heisman voting the past two seasons, respectively. I don't think he'll finish third on Saturday. I wrote before the season that Mayfield was a Day 3 prospect. That certainly isn't the case anymore.

28. Vita Vea, DT, Washington*

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 29

Listed at 6-foot-4, 346 pounds, the former high school running back is a space-eater in the middle of Washington's defense. With 3.5 sacks and 5.5 TFL, he has quickness to get in the backfield as well.

29. Mo Hurst, DT, Michigan

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: 11

Hurst is a quick and powerful one-gap penetrator who is highly disruptive against the run. He has a powerful upper body and disengages quickly, but I had him rated a little too high previously.

30. Ronald Jones II, RB, USC*

Grade: 86 | Previous rank: NR

Man, this running back class is really deep. Jones had an extremely productive season for the Trojans, racking up 18 TDs and nearly 1,500 rushing yards. He has great short-area quickness and the speed to run away from defenses.

31. Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech*

Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 32

I've been impressed with Edmunds this season. He is a versatile linebacker with a great frame and speed for his size (6-foot-5, 236 pounds). He has been flying around the field, with 102 tackles, 5.5 sacks and three forced fumbles. Edmunds had 18.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks in 2016.

32. Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

Grade: 85 | Previous rank: 31

There's a lot of buzz surrounding Rankin, who is a juco transfer and has only one year of SEC experience. He has the length to handle speed off the edge and the athletic ability to mirror inside pass rushing moves. He performed well against some elite SEC pass-rushers late in the season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Josh Allen at 15 lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

quote:

3. Sam Darnold, QB, USC*

Grade: 93 | Previous rank: 1

Darnold has made some questionable decisions throwing the football this season (12 INTs is more than his total from 2016) and has picked up some bad habits at USC this season. His accuracy is terrific and he has special intangibles, but there is definitely a question now as to if he'll declare for the draft. If he comes out, he'll still be in the mix for the No. 1 pick.

Darnold started 8 games last year
He started 13 this year

He also threw half of his picks in the first three games, before we found a second WR who could catch a god damned ball.

The real crime is not mentioning his fumblitis all season, that dude must have Trump sized hands or something

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope those draft isn't top heavy because Yeesh

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Alaois posted:

Josh Allen at 15 lmao

EJ Manuel went at 16, man.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

EJ Manuel went at 16, man.

there's no accounting for Bills

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

I hope those draft isn't top heavy because Yeesh

Very good prospects at CB, LB and OT right where the Raiders should end up picking. Pretty encouraging.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

there's no accounting for Bills

Who by the way will be looking for a quarterback if they give up on Peterman.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Is he assuming Lamar Jackson returns to Louisville?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This looks like a good draft for Seattle to trade down and grab more picks like they always do. They'll probably trade out of the first, get a 2nd and 4th or something, grab an RB or an edge rusher in the 2nd. Their draft is incredibly back heavy, so uh... I hope the UDFA class this year is good!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Steelers badly, badly need a FS to replace Mitchell, and might need a new ILB :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

seiferguy posted:

This looks like a good draft for Seattle to trade down and grab more picks like they always do. They'll probably trade out of the first, get a 2nd and 4th or something, grab an RB or an edge rusher in the 2nd. Their draft is incredibly back heavy, so uh... I hope the UDFA class this year is good!

Agreed on trading down. This is probably a good year to stock up on DBs and start prepping for life after the LOB, especially if Kam's neck is permanently hosed.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs need DT, DE, OLB, OG, OT. Very weak along both sides of the line

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

Agreed on trading down. This is probably a good year to stock up on DBs and start prepping for life after the LOB, especially if Kam's neck is permanently hosed.

I'm interested to see who the promising RB we take a flier on that looks promising before being horribly injured is this year

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Manoueverable posted:

I'm interested to see who the promising RB we take a flier on that looks promising before being horribly injured is this year

Mike Davis is an awesome RB, and you shouldn't give up on him so quickly (like the 49ers did).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns should say gently caress it and trade their entire draft this year for the top 10 2019 picks. I mean...what the gently caress is anything gonna do its all pointless and existence has no meaning for them just go for comedy and trolling at this point.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Flikken posted:

Just Curious, how did you feel about Kizer?

Thought he was a legitimate QB prospect and was much better than some of the other guys that went ahead of him. But then again lmao at my QB predictions:

Doltos posted:

QBs:

1. Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
2. Brad Kaaya, Miami
3. Mitchell Trubisky, UNC
4. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
5. Davis Webb, California

Honorable Mentions: Deshaun Watson, Clemson. Jerrod Evans, Virginia Tech.

Thoughts: QBs are weak this year but have potential. Mahomes headlines the class due to his unbelievable arm. Kaaya displayed the most polish in the QB drills. Trubisky throws a good six quadrant game and can run. Kizer has great potential but underperforms. Webb impressed a lot at the senior bowl and has a huge arm. Kinda stupid though. Honorable mentions are thin this year as this is a thin position.

To make myself feel better here was my 2016:

Doltos 2016 posted:

QBs
1. Jared Goff, California
2. Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
3. Dak Prescott, Mississippi State
4. Jeff Driskel, Lousiana Tech
5. Paxton Lynch, Memphis

Goff looked the most impressive to me at the combine. His tape's good too. Wentz has a great fit for the NFL but can easily become Gabbert as much as Culpepper. Prescott's DUI will make him tumble, still looked like the second best QB at the combine. Lynch gets listed for being big and tall. Driskels cool and good, I'm on his train. Honorable Mentions: Connor Cook, Christian Hackenberg, Jacoby Brissett.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Grittybeard posted:

Who by the way will be looking for a quarterback if they give up on Peterman.
Is Josh Allen known as a pocket-passer? I get the feeling they want a pocket passer. He doesn't have to actually be good though, because Bills:smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen to the Bills makes too much sense not to happen.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Seems like a weaker year for DBs? I feel like edge rushers are probably better especially considering Avril is probably done, and Malik McDowell may never play a down of professional football.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My bold prediction right now is by April Josh Allen will be considered a third day prospect

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rb seems loving stacked if ballage is the 25th best one on walter football dot com

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just to mull what I think Seattle will draft:

DEs: as listed in my last post, I'm expecting this to be thin. Next year is also Frank Clark's final contract and he'll demand a much higher pay. Not sure Seattle will keep him.
DBs: the legion of boom is dyin', Cloud. I think Kam returns for one more year and he's done, because otherwise he walks away from a ton of money. That said, he's broken, Sherman is likely broken, and Earl has already contemplated retirement.
RB: what a disaster it's been. Chris Carson is still the team leader in rushes for a person not named Russell Wilson. RB is deep this year.
K: Blair Walsh is not good. We have a bunch of 5th round picks. I don't mind using one to get us a kicker then.

Ever since Duane Brown joined, I honestly don't feel dying for offensive line for once.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
So just keep kicking the can on getting a real o-line then?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still think upgrade at o line and try and find some Griffin types later round secondary help. People think Griffin is going to be special, despite not knowing the nfl touching a downed player rules.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The 49ers are drafting Quenton Nelson with the third overall pick, and I don't want to hear anything different (unless the Chargers trade 14 picks to move up, or something crazy).

Protecting Jimmy is the only important thing this off-season.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doltos posted:

My bold prediction right now is by April Josh Allen will be considered a third day prospect
Should go Day 3, but will go no later than Early 2nd.

He's gonna get a lot of excuses.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Hackenberg went in the second round Allen absolutely will.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

The 49ers are drafting Quenton Nelson with the third overall pick, and I don't want to hear anything different (unless the Chargers trade 14 picks to move up, or something crazy).

Protecting Jimmy is the only important thing this off-season.

Why would we do that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He got the bad face:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

You really don't need any actual qualifications to be a scout

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
"Bad face"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'd be the scout who goes into way too much detail over bubble butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm the guy who sizes up how hot the player's girlfriends are to deduce the player's mental toughness.

• Locked thread