Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i admit i had some slowdown on safari 10 but 11 is perfect, flawless

why would you use a browser that doesn't sync your open tabs with iOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh, but they removed the safari RSS reader which still hurts i guess.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
rss useless

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i think only the microsoft c++ rewrite of minecraft is actually cross platform, i wager it has lovely adoption compared to java mothership due to modding issues etc
only nerds care about modding, kids just wanna minecraft in their console of choice

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

listen to me. microsoft will cancel xbox to focus on minecraft. you fools. you loving morons.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

listen to me. microsoft will cancel xbox to focus on minecraft. you fools. you loving morons.

microsoft will name the next xbox "minecraft" running "minecraft OS"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i already know that

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there will be another xbox but it will be a normal computer in a console-sized case and they'll probably let oems build & sell them

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Last Chance posted:

microsoft will name the next xbox "minecraft" running "minecraft OS"
the latest releases of windows 10 has been codenamed "redstone" (fall creators update is "redstone 3"), which is either named after the minecraft thing, or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O4V7JfeTSU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they'll codename their second-to-last OS "bedrock"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

man high refresh rates are the future. you can overclock this joint to 165 hz too. i thought it was fine on my laptop but display scaling is shoddy on windows 10. im gonna play DooM and probably vomit

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

PleasureKevin posted:

get well minecraft ghost

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Scott Forstall posted:

lol at putting a cooling fan in a tablet. that thing was such a piece of poo poo.

Even with the cooling fan that thing gets hot as gently caress. Without a fan you could probably use it as a griddle.

Hell, it would probably be a better griddle than it is a tablet.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

carpeted kitchen is so sixties, carpeted cookware is the new thing

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
it’s a shame the surface was so expensive, the carpet design could really take off here in eastern europe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it’s a shame the surface was so expensive, the carpet design could really take off here in eastern europe

that's not a real carpet

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Surface Rus with authentic carpet

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it’s luxury alcantara

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yeah no one likes the new Microsoft version of minecraft imagine that http://www.usgamer.net/articles/minecraft-players-are-choosing-the-xbox-one-edition-over-the-better-together-version

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Jesus loving christ Teams has updated itself 54 times since 11am this morning and in the process generated 5GB of poo poo under /private/var gently caress YOU MICROSOFT

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Why did my program lose focus? Oh no big deal, that's just teams updating itself for the 15th time this hour

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Jesus loving christ Teams has updated itself 54 times since 11am this morning and in the process generated 5GB of poo poo under /private/var gently caress YOU MICROSOFT

why would you even have a /private/var ?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Because I use the worlds most advanced operation system

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ubuntu on ntkrnl?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Because I use the worlds most advanced operation system

yeah but it doesn't have /private/var. That's a Linux thing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

ubuntu on ntkrnl?

oh hes using the Linux for windows thing. why would teams be interacting w/ that? are u using some weird teams for Linux beta?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
mac os is the worlds most advanced operating system

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

after android, sure

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

true news!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lol no. osx is the worlds slowest operating system

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

cinci zoo sniper posted:

after solaris, sure

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

It's like I have a direct feed to the Teams unstable branch and it sucks rear end

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well shaggar is just as i remember

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

well shaggar is just as i remember

he brings me little pleasure, kevin

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

hahahahaha they've completely hosed it up its not even installing a new version its just re-installing the same build over and over again gently caress YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

hahahahaha they've completely hosed it up its not even installing a new version its just re-installing the same build over and over again gently caress YOU

tfw you forget to increment the version number

burning swine
May 26, 2004

bah something has changed and now when I add my work o365/exchange account to outlook 2016 I get signed into the entire office suite as that user. If I sign out of office, it forgets how to retrieve my email until I re-enter the password whereupon I'm signed back into the entire loving suite

:negative:

shaggar I demand answers

burning swine
May 26, 2004

on an unrelated note this answer on snack overflow gave me a chuckle

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31885302/how-can-i-detect-if-my-app-is-running-on-windows-10

quote:

C#: How can I detect if my app is running on Windows 10?
code:
static bool IsWindows10()
 {
     var reg = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion");
     string productName = (string)reg.GetValue("ProductName");
     return productName.StartsWith("Windows 10");
 }

quote:

Using 'StartsWith' will be incorrect on Windows 100. – Boann Aug 8 '15 at 18:38

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

tfw you forget to increment the version number

lol okay I figured it out its because I run as a non-admin account and they didn't bother testing their updater for that so it just silently fails to update while making GBS threads out 3 copies of itself in the process. MS devs at their finest WHY ISNT UAC THROWING A DIALOG FOR ME BOO HOO HOO

BangersInMyKnickers fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't use outlook so idk. are you using different accounts for outlook and office? they probably setup outlook to use the current creds from the rest of office instead of treating it as a separate app which suits the needs of 90% of clients but probably not anyone with multiple accounts.

I just use the windows 10 mail app.