Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Siege is alive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

the pistols feel so good :') the way they recoil is so hot

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The BOSG 12.2 is the best gun

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 6, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

christmas came early when I logged on and was greeted with all the new unlocks, I totally didn't realise it was still Season 2 or w/e

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IQ still my waifu

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

BadLlama posted:

IQ still my waifu

I need to give Ying another chance, she had a dope pistol so she'd probably work well with shotgun now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my kinda ape posted:

Joke's on you, Frost's SMG is really, really good.

Her shotgun is also really, really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V903pMTFZ0

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Love this

Qubee
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FrpuPLYnvY

this patch

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

Had a quick skim of the thread but couldn't find anything: Any ausgoons playing this on the regs in the discord/a discord?

I'm potato but would love to play casual with people who know what they're doing.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Vooze posted:

Had a quick skim of the thread but couldn't find anything: Any ausgoons playing this on the regs in the discord/a discord?

I'm potato but would love to play casual with people who know what they're doing.

as far as I can tell, the discord that is linked in the thread (https://discord.gg/bwHjXK) is mainly filled with US Goons. when I'm on during the day (I'm UK) the discord is pretty dead. this past week I've had a totally messed up sleep routine and my luck at finding a group has been 100x easier cause all the US Goons are on.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Now I really want a sped up voice pack for all the operators. :allears:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

montagne needs an ability where one operator can grab onto his shoulder and basically use him as protection. i'm tired of either cockblocking my teammates from firing, or moving and getting them killed.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
turns out the reason they removed the maps was actually because op4 doesn't get service out there on their cell phones

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I haven't gotten to play Dokka one time since release because everyone beats me to her. :saddowns:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

I haven't gotten to play Dokka one time since release because everyone beats me to her. :saddowns:
Dokka is love, Dokka is life.

Her secondaries are cool to use too!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

SpazmasterX posted:

Load a custom map. Memorize where her icon is. Load into a match while furiously clicking that spot. That's how I do charm challenges when I play with goons.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Azran posted:

Load a custom map. Memorize where her icon is. Load into a match while furiously clicking that spot. That's how I do charm challenges when I play with goons.

I play on PS4 so all I can do is furiously hit the dpad as the menu lags and I miss her entirely.

At least Zofia isn't bad so I got that going for me usually.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 6, 2017

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Vooze posted:

I’m moving to Australia today (literally typing this on the way to the airport!) so I shall be attempting to form a goonstack once I’m settled.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hard buff Ying and Capitao's Lmgs please they feel bad

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Flipswitch posted:

Hard buff Ying and Capitao's Lmgs please they feel bad

Have you considered just spraying wildly and pretending they're good?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

ying's lmg is legit good though, just use it like a rifle that has an absurd extended mag instead of mag dumping like you're playing fuze

alternatively just go with Zofia because she is basically a ying/capitao/ash hybrid

that lmg she has with the box of 150 rounds or whatever feels like the saw but doesn't seem to have the same dps problems

her ability is ridic btw. the breach round having no timer is awesome for surprise attacks and the flashbangs are basically just bouncy grzmots that use clancyverse technology to somehow know when its flying past your friends head and then explode by proximity on an enemy

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If Zofia's concussion grenades were flashbangs but otherwise identical it'd make me mad how much better than Ying she'd be

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Holy poo poo pistols are so good now.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If Zofia's concussion grenades were flashbangs but otherwise identical it'd make me mad how much better than Ying she'd be

yeah zofia feels very rushed and it wouldn't surprise me if she is the most tweaked over the coming months

by the end of blood orchid i found myself playing ying the most of the 3.

her and vigil are exactly the kinds of operators i want to see them add to the game. perfectly viable without coming off as blatantly op

unlike ying though, i expect vigil's popularity to rise once the dedicated spawn peeking jager mains figure out that he was practically designed for them with no devices to place at the start of each round

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Holy poo poo pistols are so good now.

The 5-7 does 42 damage per shot, lol.

e; Capitao gets 400 rounds with the 249, also lol.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 6, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Zofia should really lose the impact grenades and the self-revive, four concussion nades on a launcher is good enough as an operator ability.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The self revive is loving hilarious because her operator page doesn't even mention it. It's completely absent everywhere and then suddenly you're downed and get a prompt for no loving reason. Ela really kickstarted a trend of operators getting random second abilities that have almost nothing to do with their primary ability. Honestly, I feel like the only reason Zofia gets the withstand thing is that Ela has a downed ability so obviously her sister needs one too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Honestly, I feel like the only reason Zofia gets the withstand thing is that Ela has a downed ability so obviously her sister needs one too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Ela's downed ability. That should also go away.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

The 5-7 does 42 damage per shot, lol.

but why?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
This update is revolutionary! We have a weapon now that prioritizes the angled grip.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wooper posted:

Have you considered just spraying wildly and pretending they're good?
yeah I do this already and usually get schooled by someone playing Ela

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The self revive is loving hilarious because her operator page doesn't even mention it. It's completely absent everywhere and then suddenly you're downed and get a prompt for no loving reason. Ela really kickstarted a trend of operators getting random second abilities that have almost nothing to do with their primary ability. Honestly, I feel like the only reason Zofia gets the withstand thing is that Ela has a downed ability so obviously her sister needs one too.

We had that with Jackal, we didn't know that he could actually track people, we only thought that he had the ability to see the footsteps. It just keeps escalating IMHO.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It absolutely does keep escalating.

And then you have Vigil who is the exact opposite. He just gets one power and it doesn't even last very long.

Come to think of it Caveira had two powers too, though they at least made sense together. Maybe it's just a female operator thing?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Doc can revive with his heal bullets but also heal and also overheal so he wins with 3 abilities?

I wish IQ could do something cool with her PDA besides seeing the electronic devices, like hack one or something.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Doc can revive with his heal bullets but also heal and also overheal so he wins with 3 abilities?

That's one ability with two valid targets, and they all make sense as being part of a single ability set, unlike Zofia's self-revive.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
don't forget zofia and ela being partially resistant to each others stun grenades, because

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's slowly turning into league of legends style ability creep. Original champions had 4 abilities that each did one thing and eventually crept to the point where champions had passive abilities on the regular abilities and it just snowballs.

Zofia is really fun but could do with some reigning back for sure. The stun reduction between the two sisters needs to go as does her self recovery bit.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
So the new operators have already leaked. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/c...t_season_leaks/

The attacker will have a launcher that shoots foam that hardens at doorways(Ash + Castle I guess :rolleyes:) and the defender can pretend to be dead but is hard countered by glaz. And the defender can also place mines in drone hole openings like you could do with claymores.

I hope hilarious ragdolls are involved in feinting death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Wooper posted:

So the new operators have already leaked. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/c...t_season_leaks/

The attacker will have a launcher that shoots foam that hardens at doorways(Ash + Castle I guess :rolleyes:) and the defender can pretend to be dead but is hard countered by glaz. And the defender can also place mines in drone hole openings like you could do with claymores.

I hope hilarious ragdolls are involved in feinting death.

Link's broken or the thread was deleted

• Locked thread