Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Remember that time when a combination of him flubbing a syllable and a broadcast signal hiccup made it seem like he very loudly and happily said “TITTIES” in the middle of a speech apropos of nothing? Ah we were so much younger then :allears:

I can believe this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

I can believe this.

https://youtu.be/Df25VDy0ch4

:pisstape:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
EDIT: WRONG THREAD

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im willing to believe that no only did he say titties, but that the crowd cheered it

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Withnail posted:

I thought all the SNL writers had huge Keith Richards style cocaine benders. I'm surprised no skeletons made it out of Franken's closet earlier

edit. also pardon my massive ignorance, but how can the leader of a country declare the capital of another country?

Probably the same way they can refuse to recognize another country's government as legitimate.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
yes mr chairman i am afraid that my personal doctor was also present during the conversation with my father and therefore if i share with you the details i would be committing a hipaa violation, therefore,

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

skylined! posted:

yes mr chairman i am afraid that my personal doctor was also present during the conversation with my father and therefore if i share with you the details i would be committing a hipaa violation, therefore,

I'm sorry, Mr Chairman, but a British professor was there when I met with Putin's niece so I can't tell you what was said because of FERPA.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/lyman_brian/status/938576084546748416?s=17

Probably good for Jones.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In a world where every baby and dog is a lawyer, there is no crime.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Withnail posted:

edit. also pardon my massive ignorance, but how can the leader of a country declare the capital of another country?

It's not "declaring" so much as "recognizing Israel's claim to it". The reason most countries don't recognize Israel's capital as Jerusalem is that the city is still disputed and so they don't want to prejudice the peace process. So, naturally, if their ownership of it is disputed, it can't be the capital, and so they put their embassies elsewhere. By recognizing Israel's claim of it being the capital as legitimate (and ignoring Palestinian claims to even East Jerusalem) Trump is supporting the idea that Jerusalem is 100% Israeli, which is, in addition to being contrary to about a billion Security Council resolutions, also a huge impediment to the peace process.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

farraday posted:

I'm sorry, Mr Chairman, but a British professor was there when I met with Putin's niece so I can't tell you what was said because of FERPA.

let's keep this train rollin

sorry my repdude, can't kiss and tell, my bro was present and you know, bro code

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Isreal not involved"

"The President and the American people's decision"

https://m.imgur.com/rEQUGxR

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 7, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Was there a medical/scientific term when somebody processes the information they heard/read in such a fundamentally wrong/idiotic way that words like "Dense, Idiot, dumbass" don't cut it anymore and it's more akin to calling them "Darwin Awards recipients"? I swear I've heard something like it before.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Was there a medical/scientific term when somebody processes the information they heard/read in such a fundamentally wrong/idiotic way that words like "Dense, Idiot, dumbass" don't cut it anymore and it's more akin to calling them "Darwin Awards recipients"? I swear I've heard something like it before.

There's the expression it's "not even wrong."

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't Chuck Todd the guy that fucks grits and gravy and admit to doing animal sex on his farm as a teen?
Chuck Todd is a sort of centrist/Clintonite [MS]/NBC news dude.

Todd Starnes is the grits n gravy n guns n gesus commentator who probably made some animal sex jokes somewhere.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Man I wish I could move to the UK right now

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Wark Say posted:

Lou Gohmert's Disease.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Willo567 posted:

Man I wish I could move to the UK right now

Hamilton West End just opened so good timing

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Wark Say posted:

.... republican?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

The concern is that the "believe women" thing would get weaponized against any democrats who wanted to hold up and check on what happened before condemning the candidate, or who said "this person i've never heard of who talks only to brietbart is not credible".

This is a strawman of "Believe Women" though.

Believing women means taking their accusations about sex crimes equally seriously as accusations about any crime made by a man, in other words listen to them, take them seriously, and investigate to find out what happened instead of calling her a lying slut as is usually done.

Believing women doesn't mean carrying out immediate summary punishments based on nothing but one person's word without any examination, that's absurd.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/motokorich/status/938585905320820736

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Withnail posted:

I thought all the SNL writers had huge Keith Richards style cocaine benders. I'm surprised no skeletons made it out of Franken's closet earlier

Franken has written, uh, frankly, about the drug use at SNL - including his own - in several of his books, including his most recent. He's also written about his wife's alcoholism (and fictionalised it in the movie "When A Man Loves A Woman"). And John Belushi's overdose death, and his friend and writing partner Tom Davis's addiction-related death. Stuart Smalley may be a character that people hate, but it comes from a place of truth.

[edit - Davis's death probably wasn't related to drug addiction, but his many-year estrangement from Franken was.]

Mister Mind fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 7, 2017

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

VitalSigns posted:

Believing women means taking their accusations about sex crimes equally seriously as accusations about any crime made by a man, in other words listen to them, take them seriously, and investigate to find out what happened instead of calling her a lying slut as is usually done.

Believing women doesn't mean carrying out immediate summary punishments based on nothing but one person's word without any examination, that's absurd.

That's what it means to you, a person who wants a rational and empirical discussion of ideas and events. It can mean something else to a frothing-at-the-mouth social media mob.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

You're right, but I'll admit I'm worried that the right wing propaganda machine could seize control of the narrative the same way they did Fake News a year ago. Hillary brought it up before Donald ever did, if you'll recall.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Our Legitimate POTUS the venerable Vermin Supreme today declared San Juan as the Capitol of America.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's the expression it's "not even wrong."
That does not ring a bell in the least, but ok.

Slugworth posted:

.... republican?
I dunno. Thanks to Dubya, I came to associate "Ghoul" with "Republican" a bit more.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Lou Gohmert's Disease.
I googled this guy's name and I don't know what to make of it. I guess Svejk is onto something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/938579057293299713

might be over analytical bullshit. but i can see it. the hand is definitely worse.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 7, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Please don't spread something you think is over-analytical bullshit.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
There's a rally on Friday so you'll find out then.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I hope he strokes out.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably over analytical bullshit. but lol.

Before a president signs an executive order they should have to draw a clock first.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/938579057293299713

might be over analytical bullshit. but i can see it. the hand is definitely worse.

Apparently Nixon also had a stroke.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Apparently Nixon also had a stroke.

TIL I learned I am actually Nixon from 1974.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Is there any enforcement mechanism which will be invoked re. Don Jr's bullshit hiding behind attorney client privilege? Or will it actually shield him because the GOP would rather protect their own than enforce the rule of law?

I think I know the answer.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

After watching that video, I'm certainly not having a hard time believing that the fat orange slob--who subsists solely on junk food, barely sleeps, and refuses to exercise--might possibly have had a stroke less than a year after being elected to the most stressful job in the world, while also being ruthlessly investigated for his role in potential crimes against America in regards to how he got the job in the first place.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

Before a president signs an executive order they should have to draw a clock first.

release the long-form Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA)!!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Do you think Huckabee survives the next 3 years or is she fired/quits?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Donald's a fat spiteful unhealthy old gently caress. I didn't need that video to tell me that. There's no real reason to overthink this.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

That's what it means to you, a person who wants a rational and empirical discussion of ideas and events. It can mean something else to a frothing-at-the-mouth social media mob.

Maybe but it's not the social media mob who has the clout to force senators to resign, the senate and party leadership has that clout, so I don't think there's any concern that because they start taking accusations seriously that they'll just up and start forcing people to resign left and right without evidence or reason.

Spiritus Nox posted:

You're right, but I'll admit I'm worried that the right wing propaganda machine could seize control of the narrative the same way they did Fake News a year ago. Hillary brought it up before Donald ever did, if you'll recall.

They do that anyway. They nominated a chickenhawk and then ran invented stories that his war hero opponent was a coward. They said John McCain's adopted daughter was his illegitimate half-black love child. It's always been possible for canny political operators to lie about their opponents, I don't see how forcing actual harassers to resign in the face of multiple accusations and documented evidence affects that.

Like what is the alternative, just announce that no behavior is below our standards and we will cynically amorally defend every politician on our team no matter what so there's zero possibility we might ever fall for a false accusation, because buddy I don't think that would exactly go over well in the court of public opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Dmitri-9 posted:

All done, where's my order?

• Locked thread