Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Noooo wayyyyy

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait, but doesn't Levski itself have a breathable atmosphere? So that would mean that it's not necessarily the teleport that's causing people to suffocate, but that the room/gas tracking system is also hosed, right? Or at the very least that it's teleporting you somewhere that very much isn't Levski in between the floors of the buildings. So at best they forgot to make sure their weird grey loading purgatory is hooked up to the atmosphere system lol.

No, Levski is the asteroid mining facility. None of the outside is pressurized.

It's also the black hole of all FPS on the server. If you get above 3 seconds per frame there you are doing great. Even offline.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I know someone else took care of the snipe but I think there's some kind of potential here. Someone who knows how to art could maybe pgabz this cat up and give the little star the ol razzle dazle.

Are there areas that are actually "pressurized" or does SC just check conditions and decide if you're going to die or not.

Maybe the idea is that everywhere is lethal except for areas with certain gravity and something relating to that is killing people when they get into elevators.

Either way I'm finding a new appreciation for some of what they've accomplished in Space Engineers.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 7, 2017

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Star Citizen: The Forever Store

Well played sir :golfclap:

Unlike every “game” of star citizen.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah but Hellion has Space Legs that work, so you can't compare it to SC or SC comes out looking rather poor. I mean there's a lot of stuff that either needs finished or improved with Hellion, but the core concept of "Be a man in space" is done to a level that CIG should legit be jealous of.

I keep saying that if Crombo had any brains at all he'd hand those Hello guys a couple mill, take their functioning engine, and port all his assets over to it. That tiny team is closer to a functioning build of Star Citizen than he will ever be.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ACTUAL RESULT loads 2x in task manager
EXPECTED RESULT only load once

ACTUAL RESULT the Sidearm, placed on your right leg clips through your leg pouch
EXPECTED RESULT pouch should be removed / weapon attach-point should be somewhere else

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Open Bed door, The door is open because you can enter to the bed, but it seems to be closed (see picture)
ACTUAL RESULT Door is open (you can go to bed) but visibly door is closed
EXPECTED RESULT Open the Door

DOORS! :argh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ftfy

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY3N2zPfflw
STEPS TO REPRODUCE Fly to Covalex in the Cutlass Black. EVA to enter Covalex. Character is swaying from right to left and it is not possible to control character very well in EVA.
ACTUAL RESULT See video.
EXPECTED RESULT I should be able to control my character smoothly in EVA.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE In Port Olisar, Go to the Fleet Manager area. Wait for someone to interact with a terminal. While they're choosing a ship, stand next to them and enter Interaction Mode.
ACTUAL RESULT It is possible to interfere with their Fleet Manager and request ships for them.
EXPECTED RESULT It shouldn't be possible.

New griefing tactic: spam-request Citizens' own ships :getin:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Contact port olisar Air traffic ccontrol. Fly close to the indicated landing pad. Press N to deploy landing gear. Hold N for automated landing
ACTUAL RESULT The cutlass was landed by The automated system with its rear cargo ramp over the edge of the landing pad
EXPECTED RESULT The entire ship to be on the landing pad so all exits are usable without going EVA

STEPS TO REPRODUCE accept mission "lost in space". pick up the box. go to ArcCorps facility on Yela. Put the box on the storage
ACTUAL RESULT The box are on the storage (I try different places) but the mission is not accepted.
aera acceptation too small may be?
EXPECTED RESULT Mission accomplishment.

THE CASE OF THE VANISHING STAR SHIP. AQUILA DESPAWNED WHILE EXPLORING DAYMAR.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE Land on Daymar. Exit ship and explore for a while.
ACTUAL RESULT Ship despawned and then showing 0m away in the sky.
EXPECTED RESULT Ship should never despawn unless the entire crew is dead. You should be able to drive away from your ship for days at a time if need be and expect to find it where you left it unless it's stolen or destroyed.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Enter seat. Eject
ACTUAL RESULT The eject animation is buggy. You do get ejected but it looks wrong. And since the exit seat animation in the 300 series are buggy the only way to exit the 300 series at the moment is by ejecting out.
EXPECTED RESULT A proper eject animation where the canopy opens (or explodes off) and then you should get catapulted out or something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TccD4FqNTBc

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Player walks up to mannequin. Selects "Try On"
ACTUAL RESULT Mannequins Bodies Disappear leaving only the head floating in the air.
EXPECTED RESULT Not sure if the Devs intend on having blank"naked" mannequins or the armour remains on but i imagine floating heads were not the expected result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEef_lkgqoY
STEPS TO REPRODUCE enter freelancer with only power on. make your player lose some suit O2. watch O2 in mobiglas not coming back while in cockpit. move to Living quarters. open mobiglas and watch o2 come back to normal
ACTUAL RESULT While sitting in the freelancer cockpit any seat player O2 tank will start dropping and not come back but if player moves to living quarters they get air back in suit
EXPECTED RESULT freelancer should have air in the whole ship while only the ship power is on and not just the living quarters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scps9kqryh8
STEPS TO REPRODUCE exited ship for EVA. retrieved cargo objective for mission. returned to ship with cargo box. attempted to enter ship thru side and couldn't (avatar gets kicked out). attempted to enter thru rear loading ramp (avatar gets stuck}
ACTUAL RESULT i get kicked out of ship when I try to enter thru the side doors. When I try to enter via the rear loading ramp, my avatar gets stuck in the ramp. I had to suicide to get free.
EXPECTED RESULT to retrieve cargo objective, enter ship thru either side or rear entrances without incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YldXEIC7ef4

ACTUAL RESULT Character loss oxygen in port olisar without helmet once they accessed terminal for ships. Had to put on helmet to stay alive. Removing helmet resulting in loss of air again. Left helmet on while filling out bug report and was not able to duplicate. Suit air stays at 72%. Using Odyssey Flight Suit Night, Horizon Helmet, MacFlex Core, Arms, and Legs
EXPECTED RESULT Should have 100% oxygen while in port olisar without helmet.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Go to levski. Walk around grand bazar zone. Check any door between shops and zones
ACTUAL RESULT It shows only something white, when you cross the door it shows the correct zone and textures
EXPECTED RESULT you should see the other side of the door correctly

DOORS!! :argh:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

3.0 is going well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A new Fuzzy Modem news article WITH VIDEO.

He apparently gave a 16 minute testimony, claiming that he still loves her and believes she still loves him.

http://www.webcenter11.com/content/news/Man-sentenced-to-45-years-for-raping-a-child--462207873.html

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this is a bit much for me

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

fuctifino posted:

He apparently gave a 16 minute testimony, claiming that he still loves her and believes she still loves him.

http://www.webcenter11.com/content/news/Man-sentenced-to-45-years-for-raping-a-child--462207873.html
it's me, the news reporter who looks like he's about to puke and sob.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

We're all pretty aware that dude is a gross creep, I don't think we need any more evidence.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I only posted the article as the video has snippets of gold like this:

quote:

Shawn Weixelman; Defendant>>: "I would like to prevent what I am about to say from going out onto the news or on TV or the newspaper, not because I'm ashamed of it..."
Douglas Blankenship; Superior Court Judge>>: "You see the media here?"
Shawn Weixelman; Defendant>>: "I do."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

edit: Remember where the Star Citizens banded together to protect the gentle sir with philosophy? :barf: :reddit:

:barf: in 1000 x 1000 pixels plz

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 7, 2017

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i like how much poo poo they're faking in FIDELITY: THE GAME

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

When will then be now?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

SomethingJones posted:

Regarding the spinlocks and related madness from Derek ripping the source code, the poor fps, the large amounts of data received from the server every second - now I'm no expert on this, and top tier programmers and Cry devs please correct me if I'm wrong, but did anyone try turning it off and back on again

They tried turning it off and on again constantly during their demos. Didn't help much.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

:barf:

I wonder if he'll get shivved in prison for being an unrepentant pedophile, or being an unrepentent Star Citizen supporter?

Trick question! A shiv to the gut is the appropriate response to either choice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Abuminable posted:

$32.3 million so far in 2017

I'm seriously :laffo: right now

allegedly. :colbert:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Goredema posted:

I wonder if he'll get shivved in prison for being an unrepentant pedophile, or being an unrepentent Star Citizen supporter?

That's a pretty poor joke. I hope you feel bad for making it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Saladin Rising posted:

Wait, I missed this. Are CIG seriously banning people for playing offline?

Fake Edit: Holy poo poo they are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7gy85t/cigs_official_stance_on_using_cheat_engine_for/
Goddamn they are so loving stupid it's amazing.

They're banning people for mentioning me. So. :colbert:

----------------

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Goredema posted:

how is this any less lovely than the youtube comment about the dog killing itself

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Smart posted:

They're banning people for mentioning me. So. :colbert:

You're the Star Citizen Alpha candyman, we get it. Derek smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hey! Who remembers that time when I said everything in 3.0 was loving broken, and that they needed - minimum - 6 months for it to ever get out of QA? :grin:

----------------

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

how is this any less lovely than the youtube comment about the dog killing itself

Because dogs are likable and pedophiles aren't?

Maybe the joke was in poor taste, maybe it wasn't, but I feel like going back and deleting it would be trying to dodge any criticism for it, so I'll let it ride.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Goredema posted:

Enjoy the inevitable 6er.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

did a dog suicide in star citizen?

also man that no mans sky picture reminds me. all that hullabaloo over people being disappointed by it. star citizen is gonna be the friggin Krakatoa of disappointment

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

also man that no mans sky picture reminds me. all that hullabaloo over people being disappointed by it. star citizen is gonna be the friggin Krakatoa of disappointment

The irony here is that No Man's Sky has been updated a few times since then by the developer, and at this point is apparently a moderately entertaining game.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Goredema posted:

Total Immersion Chronicles of Riddick

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE Join the Stanton system, Find someone who activates his MobiGlas, Look at him
ACTUAL RESULT The MobiGlas you'll see is the old one (pre 3.0).
EXPECTED RESULT The new layout should be displayed.

Looks like Mobiglass isn't using Render To Texture like CIG said, but is faked (and broken) :ohdear:

Wait a second. Are you saying I can’t watch somebody use their mobiglass???

What the gently caress, Chris Roberts!? What kind of corncob low-fi 1990’s bullshit are you trying to do here???? All that crap about real holograms and blah blah... and here it is, totally low fidelity bullshit? I can see the pores on the underside of a tongue inside somebody’s mouth, but I can’t loving see what they’re doing on their mobiglass in front of my face?

Project is a loving disgrace. Fidelity and immersion is destroyed. Sorry, lost a future customer with this bullshit lying bullshit I’d expect a dirty publisher to do.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Well, if it's any consolation, the only other confirmed and convicted Paedophile I've ever sent to prison encountered committed suicide within one year of his term.

Go ahead and ask me if I care that I was a part of the catalyst that made a Paedo kill himself. Spoiler, I don't, unless you want to count the swell of pride that I get knowing I helped permanently stop a monster from raping his 3-12 yr old kids.

Now can we stop talking about the piece of poo poo again, because every time he's brought up I can't get the image my experience of a 3 year old trying to explain to me what her dad had done to her and her sisters.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

fuctifino posted:

It's pretty loving disgusting. I remember actually PMing with that guy a few times, mostly discussing his concept art. I just hope his daughter finds a way to recover.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hav posted:

:911: :patriot:

"Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal."

I don't get that about the Stimpire; you go to the fancy restaurants and they cook you? And that's a sustainable dining out experience? Is tipping required?

"They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders."

What kind of idiot tenderizes after cooking? What's the point of earlier deskeletonisation?

finally somebody asks the real questions

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

D_Smart posted:

If this is true, we're going to have a smashingly hilarious Christmas 2017

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/938466461445754880

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

All the "It's PTU you loving retard, what don't you understand about that" comments now mean nothing!!!! Bwahahahahaha, Oh god this is so loving good.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

Wait a second. Are you saying I can’t watch somebody use their mobiglass???

I will bet you a dollar that if you run up behind someone using their mobiglass, you'll be able to interact with it too.

If this game ever releases in a vaguely stable form with actual persistence*, the griefing levels will be unfathomable.

* This will never, ever happen.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017
Just to show all you naysayers that 3.0 PTU is doing fine for a loving Alpha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgDLV7_Oxg

Levski:
It starts off well, with blue stuff, then I get to meet the man himself. I take his question as rhetorical and start looking for someone.
Whilst looking I ... well the game crashes. And the red text that pops up, that's just to let you know that a NPC shopkeeper somewhere has just T-Posed and I missed it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

finally somebody asks the real questions

Welll, i mean obviously if this game comes out we have to have the answers.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Fuckin caught up with the thread.

Seems like "Holiday Sale" Ended on the Funding Tracker. So lets announce the winners!

[Winners are defined by the closest estimated guess]
Total Earnings in Holiday Sale: $7,848,797

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Consolation prizes : everyone who participated. (Until I run out of Steam Keys)

This just makes me laugh everytime: VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is.
Thanks all for participating. I'll be PMing the prizes when I get back from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

no_recall posted:

Fuckin caught up with the thread.

Seems like "Holiday Sale" Ended on the Funding Tracker. So lets announce the winners!

[Winners are defined by the closest estimated guess]
Total Earnings in Holiday Sale: $7,848,797

THE TOP 3!
1. Sandweed 7.4
2. Sarsapariller 7.3
3. Tokamak 7.2

Consolation prizes : everyone who participated. (Until I run out of Steam Keys)

This just makes me laugh everytime: VealCutlet 48.9 million calories for lesnick that is.
Thanks all for participating. I'll be PMing the prizes when I get back from work.

I just... don't even see how it's possible.