Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

genericnick posted:

And you get about two of those a day per alt. So you are looking at 80 minutes each day if you're just doing routine grinding.

Well if finding an hour+ per day to game (on a mobile, too) is too inconvenient then yes it might not be a good idea to run dual accounts. But nobody said you have to maintain perfect AP efficiency anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

genericnick posted:

And you get about two of those a day per alt. So you are looking at 80 minutes each day if you're just doing routine grinding.

I mean, it's not like farming in FGO is complex or anything, especially with all the resources aka Kaleidoscope Raikous that JPN has. It's extremely easy to play while doing other stuff, so it's not like I'm dropping everything just to play this silly mobile game.

and now I am conflicted between having Abigail wearing the cute dress or actually having a good NP animation

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 6, 2017

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Was prepared to sink all my quartz cuz I'm a sucker for ~new and unique classes~ spent a single ten pull and well. Guess I'll have quartz for Christmas afterall.

lol this isn't even shocking anymore

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Space Flower posted:

does doctor octopus explain that she can use cyborg tentacles because "nanomachines, Jack"
Haven't made it to the next episode yet. Despite all the usual Fate nonsense I'm accustomed to, the monkey finger bullets and robot-octopus attachments have really killed a lot of the enthusiasm I may have had for this particular series. A shame because Mordred seems like a fun character and I want to know more about Samiramis.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Shishio's stupid necromancer weapons are like one of the few good things of the first half of Apocrypha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the problem with fate/apocrypha isnt that some of the masters have goofy fighting styles. that wouldnt even crack a top 100 of fate/apocrypha's problems.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
i spent 150 quartz to try to get Abby, and ended up with my second copy of Yan Qing, as well as Extra Vlad and Wu Zetian

i guess Vlad is good at least

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really don't like Extra Vlad's design.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I really don't like Extra Vlad's design.

Anything about it in particular?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's way too busy w/ the spikes and the dragon cape clamp thing looks really dumb. Doesn't help that it can be compared to the very classy Zerker Vlad.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Got a 2nd Vlad (Berserker) and Fran from my 10 tickets and 150 quartz

Brb going to die now

I had so much hope during the rainbow glow too. Well time to ponder if roll for Abi strongly or not

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 6, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

It's way too busy w/ the spikes and the dragon cape clamp thing looks really dumb. Doesn't help that it can be compared to the very classy Zerker Vlad.

I think the messiness is as least partly intentional? Zerker Vlad is supposed to be the dude envisioned as the ruler and defender of Romania while Lancer Vlad is the image the rest of the world has about that dude who really really loved poking things.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
a legend i intend to surpass

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Extra Vlad is cool and my friend.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Vlad is my friend in all his incarnations

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Extra Vlad has a cooler voice

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

So my brother is laid up and can't work for about a month due to a work related injury. So like anyone else he's binging anime and video games.
He decided to give this "Fate" nonsense I've been telling him about for years a shot.
He watched Apocrypha first.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"Santa brings gifts. She does not bring happiness."

That's the kind of one-liner I would expect to see at the end of a holidays action flick about Santa Claus taking the law into his own hands.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I've been pretty lax about about doing the class dailies so far and this event has been great for getting my servant's skills to non-shameful levels. Had plenty of red and golden gems, but now that I have enough blue gems as well I can start using stupid amounts of QP and rare materials to level my main servant's skills :toot:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

"Santa brings gifts. She does not bring happiness."

That's the kind of one-liner I would expect to see at the end of a holidays action flick about Santa Claus taking the law into his own hands.

New thread title IMO.

We should change it whenever a big event comes up.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Did Abigail already have her turn in the banner spotlight and now it's just Sheba first and then her second?
Wondering if I should wait until they focus on her again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got Abigail on my alt right away. This'll be fun!

My trick for not getting bored is that I only grind on my alt when I hit a wall. That way I get to have much harder boss battles!

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Grausherra posted:

Did Abigail already have her turn in the banner spotlight and now it's just Sheba first and then her second?
Wondering if I should wait until they focus on her again.

They're both on rate-up until the 20th. Sheba's a 4 star so it's not like she'll interfere with trying to pull Abigail.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

taser rates posted:

They're both on rate-up until the 20th. Sheba's a 4 star so it's not like she'll interfere with trying to pull Abigail.

I wish that was the case, NP5 Sheba so far with around 320 quartz.
Quite sure that if I end up buying quartz, I'll just end up with more copies of her.

EDIT: Does it actually matter which servant is in the front or not if that makes any sense?

Grausherra fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 6, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vengarr posted:

New thread title IMO.

We should change it whenever a big event comes up.
Fate/Grand Order: Gatcha brings gifts, it does not bring happiness.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

marie is growing more immortal thanks to all the ces to feed to a cat maid

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Dude, when is Robin getting his strengthening quest? An evade would be very nice, yes?

Caesar is actually very strong and I will fully ascend that sexy beast.

Thundersword238
Oct 15, 2012

Decided to use a ticket to try and get Jack. While I didn't get her, I did get spooked by Drake, who I've wanted since JP first came out.

Today is a good day.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Tired Moritz posted:

Dude, when is Robin getting his strengthening quest? An evade would be very nice, yes?

Caesar is actually very strong and I will fully ascend that sexy beast.

Robin didn't get his until the first anniversary in July. I don't think they've mentioned doing the strengthening quests early, sadly, but I'd be happy to be wrong. And yes, the evade + sure-hit + stars on top of it is very, very nice.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
if there's anything this event has taught me it's that Ceaser is Real, Strong, and my Friend.

He's such a good friend that he bought my phone and then sold it back to me at 10 times the price when he saw how much I needed it. I got a great deal.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well the weekly quests gave me enough quarts to do a single role of the gatcha. Ended up grabbing nursery rhyme.

It may not be Jack but I'm happy. Only caster I don't have now is Waver.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Someone on my friends list has an NP5 Jack. :stare:

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Clawtopsy posted:

marie is growing more immortal thanks to all the ces to feed to a cat maid

i'm so jelly you managed to MLB that thing. i only managed to get one.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Grausherra posted:

I wish that was the case, NP5 Sheba so far with around 320 quartz.
Quite sure that if I end up buying quartz, I'll just end up with more copies of her.

EDIT: Does it actually matter which servant is in the front or not if that makes any sense?

I'm pretty sure party order only matters in terms of who's in the active party vs. who's in reserve and there's no position in the active party that gets targeted more than others or anything like that, if that's what you're asking.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The back matters in terms of what order servants enter, but otherwise yea, there's no difference.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Thundersword238 posted:

Decided to use a ticket to try and get Jack. While I didn't get her, I did get spooked by Drake, who I've wanted since JP first came out.

Today is a good day.

I'm super mad jelly.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

So uh, don't update to android 8.1 if you play this game - it's unopenable and crashes immediately. Hope i don't miss out on santa alter :ohdear:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Do we get bonus Quartz around Christmas or was getting more quartz around thanksgiving a fluke?

Also got Scath up to 3rd Ascension finally :woop: and wow her bond lines are depressing as gently caress. Kinda seems like she doesn't really wanna be my friend. :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I need 7 bloods to ascend Abby again Hope they're in xmas 2017's shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Do we get bonus Quartz around Christmas or was getting more quartz around thanksgiving a fluke?

Also got Scath up to 3rd Ascension finally :woop: and wow her bond lines are depressing as gently caress. Kinda seems like she doesn't really wanna be my friend. :(

Japan tends to get 10 quartz at very regular intervals for all sorts of events, but it's hard to say if the NA version will follow suit.

Also I rolled 120 quartz for Abbie and got... Mordred #2. Well Mo-san is a good Saber and I won't complain about NP2, but.