Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look I wanted to play persona and horizon ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not to mention sites like greenmangaming that will often go below a steam sale in price.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

a bone to pick posted:

well I also get the piece of mind that I can play an online multiplayer game without a hacker / modder ruining every match.

i thought the same thing too until I tried playing on ps3 where people were able to hack the consoles

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Magius1337est posted:

lol if you think you'll ever get doom as cheap as like $12 on anything other than steam

You can buy Doom for the PS4 right now off of Amazon for about 12 bucks

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Magius1337est posted:

i thought the same thing too until I tried playing on ps3 where people were able to hack the consoles

Dude who hasnt seen a hacker on pc in 10 years immediately runs into one on console. Shut the gently caress up lol.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Magius1337est posted:

Ps3? Do you want to bring up the Wii's online capabilities as well?

There are widespread reports of hacking on every PC game from PUBG to LoL so I find it funny PC supremacists are going to try to gaslight about hacking on PCs.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Maybe the only real reason I have a PS4 is because blu ray on PC is a horrible experience.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Magius1337est posted:

have you tried using compressed air you dirty heathen?

uh yeah.

it ran like poo poo out of the box man.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

a bone to pick posted:

Ps3? Do you want to bring up the Wii's online capabilities as well?

There are widespread reports of hacking on every PC game from PUBG to LoL so I find it funny PC supremacists are going to try to gaslight about hacking on PCs.

I prefer running into the occasional hacker over paying for multiplayer tbh

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The last time hacking seriously affecting my enjoyment of a game was on the xbox 360, and the last time it really killed things on the pc was probably back in the early cs 1.6/source days when acquiring a togglable aimbot and wallhack that could circumvent VAC was really easy.

edit: i also used to hack a shitload on socom 1 and 2 on the ps2.

gameshark + glitch knowledge man. people would get so mad. loved it

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I'm actually trying to remember the last time I ran into someone legit cheating on PC and not just exploiting a glitch and having trouble coming up with an example

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Gta online lol. Like come on, acting like this poo poo isnt loving rampant is retarded.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

anybody who gives a rat gently caress about gta online is not worth considering tbh

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm not saying that hacking isn't a major problem, but honestly yeah my worst experiences with it were on Consoles.... because console games didn't used to get patched. SOCOM 1 on the PS2 and TF2 on the 360 both became unplayable once wallhacking and skyhacking exploits became common. I imagine they patch it now so it's easier to get rid of them though.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DogonCrook posted:

Gta online lol. Like come on, acting like this poo poo isnt loving rampant is retarded.

oh i see the problem. i dont play bad games

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exploded mummy posted:

You can buy Doom for the PS4 right now off of Amazon for about 12 bucks

It's also been on PSN for bout that much.

No doubt there are good deals to be had on PC, probably the best in some cases, but it seems like PC gamers are really out of touch with just how cheap console games go on sale for. Like, PSN has pretty much been on par with steam sales for like 4 years now and I haven't turned my Xbone on in 6 months but I'm sure it's the same there.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

oh i see the problem. i dont play bad games

Lol at yall getting all tribal. It isnt relevant whether its good or not, its the most popular game of all time by dollar sales and cheating on pc is unavoidable in any session. Yall coming up short on thinking of an example of cheating and hacks on pc is pretty cute but yall are full of poo poo lol.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pc gamers are just dancing around the issue that they steal every single player video game

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

DogonCrook posted:

Lol at yall getting all tribal. It isnt relevant whether its good or not, its the most popular game of all time by dollar sales and cheating on pc is unavoidable in any session. Yall coming up short on thinking of an example of cheating and hacks on pc is pretty cute but yall are full of poo poo lol.

you named one example; an example of a game that is available on not only current gen hardware, but old gen hardware. It's barely a pc game, not a useful example of pc as a game platform, and its presence was and is an afterthought on PC as rockstar has been hostile to the pc market for a really, really long time.

You're the one using defensive language and posturing.

Cheating is not a serious problem on the pc buddy. If you think Rockstar not giving a half baked poo poo about their products on PC is somehow damning for the whole platform i invite you to toss salad since that would be a better use of your brainpower i thiink

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I mean to be fair pc is better value but there are no winners here, its pure consumerism to an irrational extreme.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

basic hitler posted:

you named one example; an example of a game that is available on not only current gen hardware, but old gen hardware. It's barely a pc game, not a useful example of pc as a game platform, and its presence was and is an afterthought on PC as rockstar has been hostile to the pc market for a really, really long time.

You're the one using defensive language and posturing.

ICheating is not a serious problem on the pc buddy. If you think Rockstar not giving a half baked poo poo about their products on PC is somehow damning for the whole platform i invite you to toss salad since that would be a better use of your brainpower i thiink

I didnt give it as an example of a pc game a gave it as an example if rampant cheating on pc that doesnt happen with the same game on consoles. If you wanna die on this hill just lol.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DogonCrook posted:

Is it really that hard to believe I don't come across many cheaters? Maybe you're the one getting tribal here because I enjoy plenty of console games.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

No its not hard to believe if you avoid the games where its bad. Whats hard to believe is that youve never heard of the problem.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it possible that developers and publishers often don't give a half baked poo poo about PC ports because people did nothing but steal PC games for 25 years and then eventually moved on to "I'll buy it, but only if it's a dollar" mentality?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DogonCrook posted:

No its not hard to believe if you avoid the games where its bad. Whats hard to believe is that youve never heard of the problem.

You made an assumption. I shared personal experience w/r/t cheating and made no claim that I never heard of the problem. Again, you sound like the one defending your tribe here

veni veni veni posted:

Is it possible that developers and publishers often don't give a half baked poo poo about PC ports because people did nothing but steal PC games for 25 years and then eventually moved on to "I'll buy it, but only if it's a dollar" mentality?

That and trying to make them run on literally thousands of different hardware configurations as opposed to just developing once per console

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 7, 2017

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

You made an assumption. I shared personal experience w/r/t cheating and made no claim that I never heard of the problem. Again, you sound like the one defending your tribe here

That and trying to make them run on literally thousands of different hardware configurations as opposed to just developing once per console

Nah what you said was "oh i see the problem. i dont play bad games". And lol i dont have a tribe im not a nerd. Hers the thing, most people have both and think anyone who argues over this stuff is a miserable dreg. Im just loling yall would make poo poo up to support your worthless console wars arguments.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

veni veni veni posted:

It's also been on PSN for bout that much.

No doubt there are good deals to be had on PC, probably the best in some cases, but it seems like PC gamers are really out of touch with just how cheap console games go on sale for. Like, PSN has pretty much been on par with steam sales for like 4 years now and I haven't turned my Xbone on in 6 months but I'm sure it's the same there.

I have both and PSN is still a pale shadow of Steam.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

Tbh as much as I like a good deal I don't care that much about sales. if I really want to play something it's a day one buy which isn't going to be on sale regardless of platform. If a game isn't worth more than $5 to me it's probably not worth my time either.

That would work if there wasn't a backlog of games I want to get to at some point, so even if I buy a new game on day one, I won't get to it until a year later. How anybody can keep up with the release schedule is beyond me.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I bought Doom on ps4 for £10 and because the £ is worthless thanks to Brexit that's probably like 25 cents now or something

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

All of the Ultima games were trash for turbonerds

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

a bone to pick posted:

well I also get the piece of mind that I can play an online multiplayer game without a hacker / modder ruining every match.

Where in the hell do you ppl play PC games, is it like solely on tiny croatian servers

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Convoolio posted:

All of the Ultima games were trash for turbonerds

Ultimas 4-6 are still some of the best video games ever made

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

That would work if there wasn't a backlog of games I want to get to at some point, so even if I buy a new game on day one, I won't get to it until a year later. How anybody can keep up with the release schedule is beyond me.

I dunno, there's usually like 8 AAA games a year I want and 5 of them I'll be done with in less than 12 hours. Than maybe 1 indie game a month that looks appealing. I just mostly skip 80% of the big releases anymore because it's all just the same poo poo over and over.

Not that I still don't get backlogged or ever buy games on sale.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

veni veni veni posted:

I dunno, there's usually like 8 AAA games a year I want and 5 of them I'll be done with in less than 12 hours. Than maybe 1 indie game a month that looks appealing. I just mostly skip 80% of the big releases anymore because it's all just the same poo poo over and over.

Not that I still don't get backlogged or ever buy games on sale.

i forgot console games were shorter than most movies, now it makes sense

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's like, multiplatform games dude. Dishonored or whatever. What a lame burn jfc. Not every game has to be 500 hours long, but if you want to bring it up PS exclusives are long as hell lately. HZD, Bloodborne, Nioh...All "shorter than movies".

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
...I remember when this thread was fun.

Never forget.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
Spyro the dragon was better than mario 64

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here