Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
What are the chances Herm never coaches an ASU game? 10%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Real Name Grover posted:

That the administration didn't pull a Tennessee here and nix it shows that they're somehow more incompetent than Tennessee.

So yeah he's gonna coach for at least a year, I imagine 2-5 years. They're gonna give him an extension I bet at the end of next season, since they're returning a lot of players and should be decent if they just gesture in the direction of the stuff they've been doing. There will be some weird moments and I'm sure Herm's gonna insist that they go under center and huddle, which'll be weird, and then they'll crater in year 2.

Of course they could go 0-12! Who knows!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/...420864021946368

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/jimmyhyams/status/938596566058795008

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I don't know if it's a decent hire or not but I'm so happy this is all finally over

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i fully believe this extremely stupid hill is enough for tennessee to die on

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

lmao Pruitt's just being coy. Y'all can force him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pillsburysoldier posted:

lmao Pruitt's just being coy. Y'all can force him.

I honestly don't think they can. Pruitt can hang around Tuscaloosa for another year to be revered as a demigod until someone else comes calling.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

I honestly don't think they can. Pruitt can hang around Tuscaloosa for another year to be revered as a demigod until someone else comes calling.

:shh: I'm trying to make them screw this one up too

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

At least they got a guy who knows something about winless seasons

(gently caress Dana Dimel)

I know it’s UTEP but man how is that the best they can do? Most of the other shittier Texas programs have been able to make semi interesting hires at least

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't understand why any sub-mid-major jabroni team would do anything but hire the coach who promises to run the most insane gimmick offense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/938606068338515968

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

I know it’s UTEP but man how is that the best they can do? Most of the other shittier Texas programs have been able to make semi interesting hires at least

recruiting to el paso has to be brutal

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DJExile posted:

my pitch would be to tell every player even the offensive and defensive linemen and long snappers that at some point in the season they will have the opportunity to throw or catch a pass.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
If Tennessee falls backwards into Jeremy Pruitt...

I guess it pays to be a blue blood.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

If Tennessee falls backwards into Jeremy Pruitt...

I guess it pays to be a blue blood.

50/50 chance he punches someone to death as head coach though so

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

boring, staid idiot: we're going to have solid fundamentals and compete in the CUSA West

me, football genius: every offensive player is listed at quarterback, try to guess who's going to throw the ball

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This is loving hilarious.

Perfect chaser to that awkward video of Jimbo praying for death whilst swaying with that dork student, or awkwardly walking Reveille around.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Why the gently caress did he go to A&M? If he wanted out of Tally he could've probably gotten someone else to pay him, albeit not with a guaranteed contract. No one has as much nonsensical tradition bullshit as A&M

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Its UTEP. No one wins at UTEP. Mike Price, who won at Wazzu of all places, had a losing record at UTEP.

UTEP is a really bad job

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Its UTEP. No one wins at UTEP. Mike Price, who won at Wazzu of all places, had a losing record at UTEP.

UTEP is a really bad job

Yeah I know. All the more reason to do something wacky

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Why the gently caress did he go to A&M? If he wanted out of Tally he could've probably gotten someone else to pay him, albeit not with a guaranteed contract. No one has as much nonsensical tradition bullshit as A&M

They probably promised him as much direct spending power from the boosters as possible, because rich texans are terrible manchildren with money. But they're also incredibly nosy and demanding so that friction is going to hit hard as hell after their first loss

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

They probably promised him as much direct spending power from the boosters as possible, because rich texans are terrible manchildren with money. But they're also incredibly nosy and demanding so that friction is going to hit hard as hell after their first loss

The idea of Jimbo sitting at dinner while some poofy haired booster's wife tells him to play Boobie both ways so he can 'break some heads out there' just makes me smile.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

DJExile posted:

Public handjobs on the rock, yo

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

The idea of Jimbo sitting at dinner while some poofy haired booster's wife tells him to play Boobie both ways so he can 'break some heads out there' just makes me smile.

hahahahaha

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Nahw sahn I teyull yew hwhat, that Kenny bill? Kenny spill? He's a reayul athuhlete, a reayul specimen, coach fishah, I do encurrahge yew tah puhlay hiyum more ahften

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s finally over!!!!! (Maybe)

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Give em hell Germy!!

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Jimbo Fisher hates gimmicky bullshit so much that he took it upon himself to personally destroy the most gimmicky team to exist. He waited until they were down, then moved in to implode the program through loses, sanctions, all while demoralizing all that is Aggie while crippling their financial standing.

When he finally rides off into the sunset and leaves a steaming garbage heap behind, he will turn back, smile, and let the winds carry the following phrase across College Station.

A&M is rear end, my dudes.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Scionix posted:

Nahw sahn I teyull yew hwhat, that Kenny bill? Kenny spill? He's a reayul athuhlete, a reayul specimen, coach fishah, I do encurrahge yew tah puhlay hiyum more ahften

Man this makes me realize that Foghorn Leghorn is an Aggie.

Son, gig ah say ah gig em.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

give me 75 million and i will keep a grode jar on my desk

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/NoleGameday/status/938450611074453504
https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/status/938451784548438018

https://twitter.com/jsterling86/status/938171253935898626

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 7, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ok that's great :unsmith:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DJExile posted:

ok that's great :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/AriyaMassoudi/status/938444903247499264

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I saw some hilarious wiki vandalism on his page but I made the mistake of reloading and now it's gone.

"Mr Steal your recruits" who "lies to players faces" and went "0-18 in 2018 with FSU" etc...

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

DJExile posted:

UTEP's recruiting pitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgGCvuez14

(gently caress Dana Dimel)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

algebra testes posted:

I saw some hilarious wiki vandalism on his page but I made the mistake of reloading and now it's gone.

"Mr Steal your recruits" who "lies to players faces" and went "0-18 in 2018 with FSU" etc...

Because of the magic of the Wiki, I did look at history and grabbed this gem:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

Because of the magic of the Wiki, I did look at history and grabbed this gem:

Mods name change me plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
great theyre taking jeremy pruitt away from us gently caress you phil fulmer you fat diabetic slug how am i supposed to win championships with NOC OACHES

• Locked thread