Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

tithin posted:

This is ... something

https://twitter.com/Kwalshyall/status/938549109966983168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

A Federal Court judge has ordered Clive Palmer to explain a tweet sent from his account during a hearing at which he failed to appear.

The former politician again avoided a hearing in Brisbane on Thursday morning, after being warned to move “heaven and earth” to comply with court orders.

The court heard Mr Palmer had complied with all orders issued at the previous hearing on December 1 but Justice John Reeves asked for an “explanation” of a tweet sent out during the hearing.

The tweet, sent at 11.44am on that date, showed a photograph of Mr Palmer, which appeared to have been taken outside the nearby Supreme Court, and the words "Hey memesters, you vibin' my style??"

Justice Reeves ordered Mr Palmer file an affidavit explaining the “provenance and contents of the tweet that was reportedly promulgated under his name” by close of business on December 13.

In a long-running series of Federal Court dates, liquidators have been examining the 2016 collapse of Mr Palmer’s Queensland Nickel business, owing $300 million and costing 800 jobs.

They have been trying to recoup debts, including almost $70 million in taxpayer money paid out to sacked workers, claiming Mr Palmer was acting as a shadow director.

Mr Palmer had been ordered to front court on Wednesday unless “expressly notified” by the liquidators but they said he had complied with all orders.

He was also required to produce records of multiple payments, some in excess of $1 million, made from Queensland Nickel parties to entities including Mineralogy and Mr Palmer.

Those orders came out of a December 1 hearing in which liquidators warned they were “starting the process” for contempt of court proceedings following his failure to show the previous day.

Mr Palmer garnered a large social media following after his retirement from politics, thanks in part to a seemingly never-ending stream of bizarre poems and memes.

He posted this tweet hours before the "Hey memesters" entry.

On Wednesday morning, he treated his followers to a sort of meme pyramid, following on from a minimalist ode to hamburgers and lettuce the previous day.

I love a hamburger
I love a lettuce

— Clive Palmer (@CliveFPalmer) December 5, 2017

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/judge-orders-clive-palmer-to-explain-hey-memesters-tweet-20171207-p4yxhc.html

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It is the year 2017, tweets are the final avenue for bringing plutocrats to account

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In 50 years they'll be studying Clive's poems in the Space HSC.

quote:

"Teacher what was a tim tam?"

"Well many years ago, before the flood..."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The best thing Clive Palmer could do is gently caress off and die.

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/937851508405649408

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Senpai, noooo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The best thing Clive Palmer could do is gently caress off and die.

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/937851508405649408

Milo whispering in Mal's ear after the show "man, Mein Kampf is our book, you imbecile".

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Chucked on News 24 to see where the reps are at and got the shock of my life when the two talking heads tripped over themselves to fawn over what a great orator Abbott is.

I knew it had got worse but not that much worse.

Dimebag fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 7, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/austria-legalises-marriage-equality/

Austria Has Finally Legalised Marriage Equality

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sadly the Greens amendment hasn't got the votes in the lower house for marriage equality.

Good news is none of the no side's amendments have been allowed.

I wonder what changed in Sarah Henderson from being a good ABC journo to an absolute nasty Liberal Party MP. She's voting yes but still wants dumbshit amendments in the bill.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fell off a ladder

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What was the greens amendment?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
made it mandatory

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Was it the one about the terms being 'between two people'?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the greens amendment would have removed the provision for existing civil celebrants to register as ‘religious’ civil celebrants and thereby gain the right to refuse solemnising gay marriages, iirc

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

thatbastardken posted:

made it mandatory

As long as they also allow us to keep our current marriages in addition I guess this is ok.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

BBJoey posted:

the greens amendment would have removed the provision for existing civil celebrants to register as ‘religious’ civil celebrants and thereby gain the right to refuse solemnising gay marriages, iirc

Eh, not a huge deal.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

katters not even mad actually he finds this hilarious

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

Oh, it was removing the grandfathering section for people already registered as celebrants.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iajanus posted:

As long as they also allow us to keep our current marriages in addition I guess this is ok.

No, it's annulled. Gotta go gay dude.

lol Turnbull was voting for the amendments. loving gutless piece of poo poo.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

You Am I posted:

I wonder what changed in Sarah Henderson from being a good ABC journo to an absolute nasty Liberal Party MP. She's voting yes but still wants dumbshit amendments in the bill.

Desperation. She's in one the more marginal seats in the country, so by clinging to the party line she hopes they'll devote more resources to helping her keep her seat. Mostly because she's accomplished gently caress all and the locals are beginning to take note.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is there anywhere I can see the whole Katter thing that isn't the dogshit APH service?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have no idea what Katter is actually saying and I don't think I want to know.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Look up where the phrase grandfathering came from.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Inescapable Duck posted:

I have no idea what Katter is actually saying and I don't think I want to know.
He hates the gays and always has. Also his brain is completely broken.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/lanesainty/status/938629901766103041

I'm not misreading this as partial confirmation of the rumours am I?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

https://twitter.com/lanesainty/status/938629901766103041

I'm not misreading this as partial confirmation of the rumours am I?

Who did he root?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Who did he root?
IIRC the rumours are that he knocked up a young staffer and he's currently living with his sister.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Traditional marriage is between a man and a woman and his staffer.

Putrid Dog
Feb 13, 2012

"God, I wish I was dead!"
https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/938472371060690944

Murdoch's home has partly been destroyed by the Californian bushfire.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

unfortunately he wasnt home

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

quote:

Guardian AU:

George Christensen begins his speech in support of the latest amendment that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, by criticising Labor for not having its conscience vote.

Then he turns to the public gallery.

“We have seen cheers from the gallery, cheering for the erosion of religious liberty.”

The public gallery breaks into applause.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Something something consecrated flame something something destroy his phylactery

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh God Bob Katter is back at it again.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo: Public Gallery owns

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

gently caress i hate parliament

how much of taxpayers money has been spent - disregarding the survey - on letting these dipshits hold their weeks-long circus before passing marriage equality?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BBJoey posted:

gently caress i hate parliament

how much of taxpayers money has been spent - disregarding the survey - on letting these dipshits hold their weeks-long circus before passing marriage equality?

As well as the damage to the mental health of people wanting marriage equality, when you have arseholes like Katter spewing hate and blaming people who want equality for stealing marriage away from his wife beating beer swilling hosed up male moron mates.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://twitter.com/DanConifer/status/938637565577461760

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Andrew Broad is now moving his second lot of amendments.

He has moved on from electric guitars to Jesus. Parliament just became bible class, but apparently we still need to talk about religious protections

His next amendments are to allow religious and faith based organisations to be able to express their views, and not have their tax status threatened.

“I haven’t seen too many people on the LGBTI community...to become great social advocates like I have the religious community.”

• Locked thread