Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Niwrad posted:

But David Haugh is going to write an article telling us how steaming mad Virginia McCaskey is any day now!

Haugh isn't nearly as bad as Brad Biggs, who just writes 1,500 words about whatever he feels like making up at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
maybe the bears shouldve drafted a qb who could throw left

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have the Lions ever made an intra-division free agent signing that turned out well?

does Nate Burleson count?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/938097880740646912

Whoever chose that photo is a god.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully Ernie Accorsi provides the Giants the same insight as he gave the Bears while consulting for them in their head coach search. Maybe Fox can land on his feet!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KDdidit posted:

Hopefully Ernie Accorsi provides the Giants the same insight as he gave the Bears while consulting for them in their head coach search. Maybe Fox can land on his feet!

Accorsi also picked Ryan Pace for them.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is Ellis Hobbs the guy who got his head compressed like a Chargin’ Chuck?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

WHOOPS posted:

Is Ellis Hobbs the guy who got his head compressed like a Chargin’ Chuck?

Then went limp in a pile of bodies

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I met Tarik Cohen today at Jewel tonight and told him his punt return was good and cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I met Tarik Cohen today at Jewel tonight and told him his punt return was good and cool.

the only way this could be a more chicago story is if you started yelling at him about hot dog toppings

(please don't start immediately arguing about hot dog toppings)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

i hope you asked if he keeps kosher

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I still can’t believe there’s a guy named Tarik Cohen. It’s up there with Muhammad Bernstein.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

It’s up there with Muhammad Bernstein.

Tell me he played for the Bears

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Tell me he played for the Bears

I misremembered, it’s actually “Mohammmed Markstein.” It’s from the fake antifa press release about November 4.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Did you help him get something from the top shelf?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

I misremembered, it’s actually “Mohammmed Markstein.” It’s from the fake antifa press release about November 4.

:sigh: Someday my dream will come and an honest-to-God descendant of Stan and Jan will play for the Bears

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
*Da Jewels

Should have followed him to the parking lot and see if he was awarded Devin Hester's sweet old ride.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

R.D. Mangles posted:

the only way this could be a more chicago story is if you started yelling at him about hot dog toppings

(please don't start immediately arguing about hot dog toppings)

I've been enjoying cream cheese as a hot dog topping lately, though it works better if you've toasted the bun.

There's a lot of good ways to top off a hot dog.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/KINGoftheKC/status/938502837729943553

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just another quick reminder that Bill Ford Sr was trash, his kids are trash, and his trash wife is trash.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The only thing this list tells me is to contract the bears.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gonz posted:

Just another quick reminder that Bill Ford Sr was trash, his kids are trash, and his trash wife is trash.

wasn't it one of the kids that convinced Senior to finally trash Matt Millen?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Bill Jr. who's been more or less pushed aside by his sisters.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Eh, Old Man Ford was trash, but I still have faith in Martha.

If we don't see any rearrangement in this coaching staff the minute the season is over, however, then I'm gonna have some concerns.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Kyle long has a hosed ankle and shoulder

he will be back but that's that for Emery's drafting

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Eh, Old Man Ford was trash, but I still have faith in Martha.

If we don't see any rearrangement in this coaching staff the minute the season is over, however, then I'm gonna have some concerns.

what on earth has martha done for you to have faith in her?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

nerve posted:

what on earth has martha done for you to have faith in her?

She fired Mayhew and Lombardi, for starters.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I think I'm going to get tickets for Sunday but idk how bad I want to see the Packers lose to the Browns

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The whole "no hundred yard rushers" thing would be fine if Caldwell and JBC just let Stafford loving throw before the third quarter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/938512709347348480

:smith: He was looking promising before he got hurt.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Also, here's a cool writeup from Davante Adams about how he faces down corners.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

quote:

Nolan Carroll is just bluffing. And I knew from watching film that he was going to bluff. I knew he wasn’t going to super jam me. That’s just not in his game. So I got right up on him off the line because I know that when you get up on somebody like that, then it stops being football and it becomes real life.

I say this all the time to the young wideouts that I work with: Like, if somebody runs up on you and and they get in your face, your gut reaction will be to put your hands up like, Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down! Back up! Football is a game. But when somebody gets up on you like that, it becomes real life. So when I can get right up on a corner and get him to panic and shoot his hands, then I have him in a defensive position. He’s not attacking. He’s retreating. So he’s not able to disrupt my route.

also, I miss Sam Shields.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Also, here's a cool writeup from Davante Adams about how he faces down corners.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

also, I miss Sam Shields.

And Tramon, and Casey.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Abdullah got hurt with 94 yards against the Vikings this year fwiw

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

schweens posted:

I think I'm going to get tickets for Sunday but idk how bad I want to see the Packers lose to the Browns

I'm going to the game and see either result as a win/win. Packers win is good for obvious reasons. Browns win and you know the afterparty with Browns fans will be fuckin lit!

Plus tickets are like 12 dollars so who cares either way

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 7, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/geoffsports/status/938514867035795457

A running game? A cohesive offensive line? A coaching staff that isn’t always full of excuses?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

schweens posted:

Why would the Packers lose to the Browns if they can beat the Bears and the Bucs? The Browns are worse than either of those teams.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LabyaMynora posted:

Why would the Packers lose to the Browns if they can beat the Bears and the Bucs? The Browns are worse than either of those teams.

They beat the bucs in OT, the Browns are playing at home, and they have Josh Gordon back. Its just crazy enough to happen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

john fox beat the bears, the packers just happened to be there

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

LabyaMynora posted:

Despite the close game with the Steelers the Packers are not a good team with Hundley at qb. And I don't see the Browns being that much worse than the Bears or Bucs on paper. I would not be shocked in the slightest if the Browns beat the Bears on Christmas Eve. With that said the Packers have no excuse for losing to the Browns even without Rodgers but it could happen. My honest prediction is 24-16 Packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Can’t wait for the Viking Packers NFCCG, games tied up in the 4th and Barr wiffs a sack on a completed Hail Mary pass.

• Locked thread