Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Is the game down?

E: wakka wakka, maintenance just started.
It'd be nice if they, you know, told you when you tried to connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
My buddy convinced me to bother installing the test server client and wow. I'm assuming what's available right now is "basically 1.0" and it runs like butter compared to what's out right now. Looks better, runs better, plays better. Can't wait for release; hopefully they'll iron out whatever's causing all the rubberbanding at game start.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Is the game down?

E: wakka wakka, maintenance just started.
It'd be nice if they, you know, told you when you tried to connect.

This was worth a chuckle when I was trying to connect:

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Think well get the Desert Map or 1.0 before Christmas?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

:negative:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
^ I'd like a pubg wizard to explain how that shot didn't connect

PunkBoy posted:

And another gun, this time a revolver:

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/938454405396836352

Most exciting part is that it will have a speed loader.

:vince:

24/7 Desert Map queue

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I thought it might be useful if they showed quantity indicators for commonly shared items:

What do you think?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

fletcher posted:

I thought it might be useful if they showed quantity indicators for commonly shared items:

What do you think?

No thank you, then everyone will find out I hoard the painkillers

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Athanatos posted:

Don't do drugs

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

fletcher posted:

What do you think?

I love it.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

fletcher posted:

What do you think?

I want that but for scopes. I was playing with a goon and it turned out he was hiding an 8x scope he wasn't using on either of his guns for some reason while I know we had at least one sniper haver on our team.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

lovely Wizard posted:

I want that but for scopes. I was playing with a goon and it turned out he was hiding an 8x scope he wasn't using on either of his guns for some reason while I know we had at least one sniper haver on our team.

No but you see he wanted the option to switch scopes on his m16 and

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

fletcher posted:

What do you think?

It's a good idea but the execution is tiny and cluttered and hard to read on your still/zoomed in shot. It would be even worse in motion fullscreen.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Combine boosts into one figure (as presumably med kits and first aid kits are) and just list it as X / X. It'll be a bit harder to understand for new players but clearer and cleaner once you realize what it means.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Just give me all your painkillers and energy drinks and ill go hide under a bridge blasting lil wayne on open mic boosted to the gills

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Man, any excuse to not have to talk to your teammates, huh?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Anyone else having lovely luck with shotguns lately? Me and my buddy had a guy take 6 shots without dying. My buddy hit him once fairly close with the over under and I hit him the rest with the pump where two of the shot were lined up well. Most of my shots where from fairly far away (for a shotgun) but still it seemed ridiculous.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
About once a day I have one of those games where I don't see anyone drop near me at all but hear a player land about 3 seconds after me. Luckily today's guy only found a revolver and was halfway through loading when I gave him both barrels of my shotgun. :getin:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Anyone else having lovely luck with shotguns lately? Me and my buddy had a guy take 6 shots without dying. My buddy hit him once fairly close with the over under and I hit him the rest with the pump where two of the shot were lined up well. Most of my shots where from fairly far away (for a shotgun) but still it seemed ridiculous.

Pump without a choke is pretty bad. I took shoots at a guy two days ago that was zoomed in shooting at someone and he never flinched when I started shooting at him. I never moved or moved mycrosshairs from dead center on him and the first three shoots didn’t hit and the fourth dropped him. I was just out of a range I normally use the shotgun at, but feel like I see other people on streams landing.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

you hit the small wire on the tiny fence in front of him I'm 90% sure

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

abigserve posted:

you hit the small wire on the tiny fence in front of him I'm 90% sure

8x less than 100m away is actually still rising compared to where the target is. I could see that. I never think about when using it.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm usually pretty confident with double barrell even at range (within reason). But I had a couple of rounds lately where a couple of nailed-on shots missed. I guess it'll happen a few times due to nature of them, hopefully it's just a run of bad luck for you.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

New map is called Miramar. Feels weird having a city with the same name just down the road from me.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I'm catching up on the streamer charity fight from yesterday. Poor chocotaco RIP

Ashrik fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 7, 2017

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Won two rounds of solo FPP this morning. Feeling pretty good.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

cosmicjim posted:

8x less than 100m away is actually still rising compared to where the target is. I could see that. I never think about when using it.

it might be that those fences have hosed up hitboxes, there was a post on reddit recently where a guy was shooting over the crest of the hill right at this guy and none of the bullets were connecting, he moved slightly up and suddenly they all started hitting. Obviously some miscalculation between rendered geometry and the hitbox for the hill.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Ever since the last update, the game has been crashing on startup. It used to give me an error popup that would close the game if I clicked OK, but I could just alt-tab back into the game and keep playing like normal. Now the loading menu doesn't even start, and it gives me the 'fatal error, send crash report to devs?' box instead.

Granted, I'm kinda burned out on PUBG for the moment so I can hold off until the new update, but goddamnit Bluehole, make your poo poo work. For some reason I can run the Test Server just fine, so I can play that while it's up, but still.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game files?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

odiv posted:

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game files?

Yup. Everything's verified, just won't run. Honestly, I'll just wait until 1.0 comes out and if it's still hosed, then I'll get into the nitty gritty of figuring out how to run it. Can't really be bothered otherwise.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Athanatos posted:

Athanatos = Jim Irsay's acccount confirmed.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Desert Map at midnight tonight boysssss

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Vaah posted:

Desert Map at midnight tonight boysssss

Midnight Pacific*

I'm long asleep by then.

Also, 1.0 release on 12/20

Hockles fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 8, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Got a top 5, was looking pretty good up until i died, after a very inauspicious start. Scared a guy away from a crate (almost killed him), grabbed a groza - was super excited to use it. Find some houses with another dude in it somewhere. Final small circle, i come out and go around the corner heading for other cover as the circle closes.
Guy kills me right before i see him.

Didn't even get to use the groza :negative:

Also get hyper for some lever action! :toot:

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Got a top 5, was looking pretty good up until i died, after a very inauspicious start. Scared a guy away from a crate (almost killed him), grabbed a groza - was super excited to use it. Find some houses with another dude in it somewhere. Final small circle, i come out and go around the corner heading for other cover as the circle closes.
Guy kills me right before i see him.

Didn't even get to use the groza :negative:

Also get hyper for some lever action! :toot:

This is the curse of the groza.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
Is there OC servers in the test domain or am I cursed to lag it up?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Bang3r posted:

Is there OC servers in the test domain or am I cursed to lag it up?

im from brisbane, i only play on foreign servers and maintain a pretty good kd, it's a disadvantage sure but you can play around it and make it an advantage.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
I hope the game ends up looking this good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TOSV3-7hzU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone been able to get on the test server?

Fuuuuck. :suicide:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 8, 2017

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

naturally it was delayed another 2 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Hey guys, how do i fix my potato aim? I am a terrible shot. I have lowered my sensitivity. Is it just a case of practice? I need to try and shoot more dudes?

• Locked thread