Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
both of those actually sound pretty cool tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has to be more to the feign death operator. "We've only killed one person, on the other side of the map. Clearly this body is a fake." *dead*

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Wooper posted:

place mines in drone hole openings like you could do with claymores.

Did they nerf this recently?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has to be more to the feign death operator. "We've only killed one person, on the other side of the map. Clearly this body is a fake." *dead*

Lol if it actually populates the kill feed based on the last damage received and you have to see whether the scoreboard shows it

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Nope, works just as fine as I verified today :downs:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
a death faker would also be an inherent fuze buff because he will naturally confirm all kills on the map

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shockeh posted:

I’m moving to Australia today (literally typing this on the way to the airport!) so I shall be attempting to form a goonstack once I’m settled.

I am extremely bad at this game but I will play ranked with aus goons.

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

Wooper posted:

So the new operators have already leaked. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/c...t_season_leaks/

The attacker will have a launcher that shoots foam that hardens at doorways(Ash + Castle I guess :rolleyes:) and the defender can pretend to be dead but is hard countered by glaz. And the defender can also place mines in drone hole openings like you could do with claymores.

I hope hilarious ragdolls are involved in feinting death.

Wouldn't an FD operator be hard countered by simply putting a round in any corpses head?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Holy poo poo Mira's smg :gizz:

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

algebra testes posted:

I am extremely bad at this game but I will play ranked with aus goons.

Same

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Ostrava posted:

Wouldn't an FD operator be hard countered by simply putting a round in any corpses head?

You say that like it wouldn't be super cool having an ingame reason to be John Wick.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Ostrava posted:

pretty much, seems like a silly operator. I can imagine it'd be annoying as an attacker having to give away your position by one-tapping dead bodies in the head, but then I always have suppressed pistols on my attackers for silently taking out cams.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Vooze posted:

Had a quick skim of the thread but couldn't find anything: Any ausgoons playing this on the regs in the discord/a discord?

I'm potato but would love to play casual with people who know what they're doing.

We can start a AUS goons channel there. Just hop on discord. You guys are welcome to join us too. There are lots of discord players from Europe who play on east coast servers. I am guessing AUS pings will be similar.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

playing with Goons is really good fun. I remember when the group I was playing with loaded into Tower for the first time, and no one knew where to go. I tried crawling into a vent and then a teammate came up behind me and I was trapped inside. It was a pretty hilarious situation, just two dudes crawling around in a tiny vent.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

don't forget zofia and ela being partially resistant to each others stun grenades, because

"The operators with stun grenades have 50% resistance to all sources of stun" at least makes some gameplay sense, unlike the self-res or the stun mine detonate.

The ~lore~ justification is still :laffo: though.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

"The operators with stun grenades have 50% resistance to all sources of stun" at least makes some gameplay sense, unlike the self-res or the stun mine detonate.

The ~lore~ justification is still :laffo: though.

it's like when Batman went up against Bane and threw his little LSD boomerangs and Bane shrugged it off, saying he was trained by Ra's al Ghul as well, so he knew how to steel himself against the effects. Zofia and Ela have both had lots of experience being stunned with the concussion mines, so I dunno why the lore is laughably bad, it makes sense to me.

Cops go through training where they get voluntarily pepper sprayed, so if out in the real world it happens, they know what to expect and can keep some of their composure.

I really hate when I play as Zofia and it's 2v1, and my teammate and I have the guy cornered and I slam about 5 stun grenades into him, and my teammate just sits there despite me shouting over mic "rush him he's stunned". Feels bad. I end up rushing but it's easier for him to react since he saw the direction the grenades came from. Way more tacticool for a teammate to zergrush from a different direction.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Q8ee posted:

it's like when Batman went up against Bane and threw his little LSD boomerangs and Bane shrugged it off, saying he was trained by Ra's al Ghul as well, so he knew how to steel himself against the effects. Zofia and Ela have both had lots of experience being stunned with the concussion mines, so I dunno why the lore is laughably bad, it makes sense to me.

Cops go through training where they get voluntarily pepper sprayed, so if out in the real world it happens, they know what to expect and can keep some of their composure.

Sir, this is a video game.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Every operator should have a down ability.
An extra toxic babe for Smoke, self immolation for Capitão, Thermite burning through the floor like an alien, needle candy drop by Googuy, Twitch still being able to operate a drone.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
iq downed ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2IfHkJqI4&t=30s

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Zofia should really lose the impact grenades and the self-revive, four concussion nades on a launcher is good enough as an operator ability.

Her emblem is a phoenix so I suspect that the revive was her original ability.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of grenades get reduced though.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

people are still MLG enough to own your poo poo in despite being concussed. I've been killed 9 times out of 10 even if the guy I'm rushing is concussed. am I doing it wrong? the kill cam shows him completely blurred out and drunk but he can still hit my head easily

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well the gun doesn't get dizzy. If he was looking in your general direction he can spray when he sees you, you need to suprise him somehow.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

Her emblem is a phoenix so I suspect that the revive was her original ability.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of grenades get reduced though.

Yeah, that's my suspicion as well. It's still bad, though, since it's an unexplained edge-case ability that's also so bad you'll use it to good effect maybe once in a hundred games if that.

Her having four concussion nades is completely fine and the only thing she should have. Ditch the impact grenades on her gadget (if you really want her to have impact grenades so she can open walls before conc nading a room, make that one of her grenade choices, there's no reason why they should be 100% exclusive to defenders).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

hey Blitz is good btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TdmRq4EkgM

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Wooper posted:

Every operator should have a down ability.
An extra toxic babe for Smoke, self immolation for Capitão, Thermite burning through the floor like an alien, needle candy drop by Googuy, Twitch still being able to operate a drone.

Tachanka's downed ability is yelling "I AM HERE COME KILL ME PLEASE FINISH ME OH GOD WHY I AM STILL ALIVE" in Russian. It's unique in being the only downed ability that matches his normal skill.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Not many people seem to play Ying. Her wall breaching flash bombs seem really powerful. Am I missing some reason as to why she isn’t more popular?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Same reason nobody follows up on the flashbangs they toss into rooms. 90% of the time you're gonna get shot by a guy who isn't blind at all.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, I play her a bunch, but the flashbangs are unreliable as hell. Sometimes everything lines up just right and you can just leisurely walk through an entire blinded room and dispatch everyone with ease. But most of the time the room layouts work out such that anybody who's blinded can often just hunker down for long enough that they'll be able to see again by the time you actually manage to get to them. That is if they're even affected in the first place.

persopolis
Mar 9, 2017

Yo DeeJay, what's that song called?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That's 2cellos - The Resistance.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Gunder posted:

Not many people seem to play Ying. Her wall breaching flash bombs seem really powerful. Am I missing some reason as to why she isn’t more popular?

Worst primary weapon on offense and unreliable flash.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

Worst primary weapon on offense

:confused:

Her LMG is good.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Sniped 2 dudes in a round from Oregon tower with Vigils shotgun :discourse:

Can't wait to try him out on Bartlett.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I really want to like Ying but her gadget is so bad and unreliable it makes it impossible.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

every time the topic of flashbangs comes up, I wanna yell at Ubi to buff them with a deafening radius so defenders have a tinnitus effect that basically makes it real hard for them to hear if you're rushing them for 5s or so. I'm also pretty sure just turning to look away from a flashbang and having your vision unscathed is a little weird, but whatever, it's more believable than having a flashbang go off right at your feet and still being able to hear the pitter patter of angry attacking feet like it's no problem.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So guys, we still haven't fixed flashbangs not working if you're behind like, a lip in the floor, what should our next operator do?

Some loving Idiot: :eng101:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Krogort posted:

Worst primary weapon on offense and unreliable flash.

Correct.

Lemon-Lime posted:

:confused:

Her LMG is good.
Low rate of fire and damage. Out-traded by every defense weapon. :thumbsup:
But on the other hand it has lost of bullets and reload fast for an LMG so you can lose a fight to many different people in a row.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Wooper posted:

Correct.

But on the other hand it has lost of bullets and reload fast for an LMG so you can lose a fight to many different people in a row.
And huge recoil to make things worse.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It works better with the FH than the Compensator for some reason for recoil control, but its damage is piss poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wooper posted:

I went back and checked and it's worse than I remembered, and does indeed suck.

The RPM arms race loving sucks and is entirely due to every single weapon one-shotting on a headshot.

• Locked thread