Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I don't see anything short of plague or several targeted airstrikes keeping the Browns from the #1 pick at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fenrir posted:

Yeah I don't see anything short of plague or several targeted airstrikes keeping the Browns from the #1 pick at this point.

Would it make you feel better if Cleveland is the #1 target from North Korea?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the Steelers are going to clinch the #1 seed before the final week and will do a Favre-esque slide into the dirt for Strahan to give the Browns their lone win of the season

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I don't want the Browns to win again ever. I want to see how many consecutive losses will happen before they move or they contract the team.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

the Steelers are going to clinch the #1 seed before the final week and will do a Favre-esque slide into the dirt for Strahan to give the Browns their lone win of the season

The Browns got beat by the Landy Jones-led Steelers in week 17 last year.

Dirtanium
Aug 3, 2007

Hockles posted:

I don't want the Browns to win again ever. I want to see how many consecutive losses will happen before they move or they contract the team.

Agreed.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bigass Moth posted:

Have you seen the Browns play football?

have you seen the bears?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Dexo posted:

have you seen the bears?

I saw them beat the Steelers. Haven't seen the Browns beat anyone.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the browns could beat the broncos imo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Could and would are two different words for a reason.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Eli Wiggum posted:

honestly i could believe that

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i just realized the browns won all their preseason games

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So did the Broncos :thunk:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

hifi posted:

they used up all of their wins

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

hifi posted:

So did the 2008 Lions.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eli Wiggum posted:

Skwirl posted:

Could and would are two different words for a reason.

Kalli posted:

DVOA Rankings: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2017/week-13-dvoa-ratings

Broncos are now the worst team in football, joining the Dolphins below the Browns.

:smug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Right now, especially with Josh Gordon? Absolutely

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Packers @ Browns, Ravens @ Browns, Browns @ Bears, and Browns @ Steelers.

Which is the easiest game left?

Easiest to hardest game to win in my opinion:
Bears
Packers
Ravens
Steelers (unless the Steelers are resting their starters)

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Unfortunately I'm a resident of Northeast Ohio so I see a tremendous amount of Browns fans and can confirm that their souls are even more empty than normal for this time of the season.

It's kind of sad and pathetic and they don't deserve a team with ownership this bad but I do agree that they need to lose until Haslam is forced to sell.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have a feeling that if it's Steelers vs. Browns and the Steelers have a chance to make the Browns go winless, they'll play their starters for a good chunk of the game.

I legit think the Browns can beat the Bears, especially if Gordon significantly improves their passing offense. The San Francisco game was deceivingly close. SF kicked five field goals, but the longest was from 35 yards away. SF was getting into the redzone, they just couldn't finish. The Bears O was just terrible all game. If SF could have put converted one of those into a TD, then they would have been leading most of the game.

Cleveland has a good D and could cause the Bears O to stall constantly.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

GyroNinja posted:

So did the 2008 Lions.

yeah, thats what got me thinking

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Columbus, Ohio, is trying to keep their pro soccer team from moving to Austin and threw in a burn on the Browns.

quote:

The basis for the action, he said, is a 1996 law that says no owner of a professional sports team in Ohio that uses tax-supported facilities or gets public financial assistance can move out of town unless the owner gives six months advance notice and gives the city or local individuals who reside in the area the opportunity to purchase the team.
“This is the one thing the Browns did for the state of Ohio that we should all praise them for,” Duffey said.
Duffey says Crew SC qualifies as receiving taxpayer-supported facilities because it is paying a below-market rate to lease state land for parking, the stadium sits on land that is tax exempt, and the state in 2009 provided $5 million for parking upgrades at the Ohio Expo Center, where lots just south of the stadium and are used by Crew SC fans.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20171206/lawmaker-wants-to-use-law-passed-after-browns-move-to-block-crew-from-leaving

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lote posted:

Packers @ Browns, Ravens @ Browns, Browns @ Bears, and Browns @ Steelers.

Which is the easiest game left?

Easiest to hardest game to win in my opinion:
Bears
Packers
Ravens
Steelers (unless the Steelers are resting their starters)

I agree. I think they honestly could squeak out two wins to the bears and Rodgers-less Packers.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have a feeling that if it's Steelers vs. Browns and the Steelers have a chance to make the Browns go winless, they'll play their starters for a good chunk of the game.

I legit think the Browns can beat the Bears, especially if Gordon significantly improves their passing offense. The San Francisco game was deceivingly close. SF kicked five field goals, but the longest was from 35 yards away. SF was getting into the redzone, they just couldn't finish. The Bears O was just terrible all game. If SF could have put converted one of those into a TD, then they would have been leading most of the game.

Cleveland has a good D and could cause the Bears O to stall constantly.

No they won't. The Steelers tried to gift wrap them a holiday win last year with virtually all of their starters sitting out, and the Browns tried to return it for in-store credit, and somehow hosed around and accidentally lost to Landry Jones in OT

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Columbus, Ohio, is trying to keep their pro soccer team from moving to Austin and threw in a burn on the Browns.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20171206/lawmaker-wants-to-use-law-passed-after-browns-move-to-block-crew-from-leaving

lmao that is beautiful

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

No they won't. The Steelers tried to gift wrap them a holiday win last year with virtually all of their starters sitting out, and the Browns tried to return it for in-store credit, and somehow hosed around and accidentally lost to Landry Jones in OT

The Browns would definitely use layaway.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/bostonsportsinf/status/936726131633541120

:laffo:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The best part is the guy in the replies dying on the hill of "why did you cut it off at 30 years and exclude Marty Schottenheimer's 44 wins"

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

The best part is the guy in the replies dying on the hill of "why did you cut it off at 30 years and exclude Marty Schottenheimer's 44 wins"

The stat itself is extremely dumb and arbitrary so I understand getting mad on it on an equally meaningless platform such as twitter or somethingawful dot com

nah
Mar 16, 2009

30 years is a long time. that's why it's funny

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Please don’t make fun of the Browns.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Please don’t make fun of the Browns.

please do, in a kind and loving way

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fast cars loose anus posted:

Well that guy is right, making an arbitrary cutoff date that excludes much of one coach's tenure is kind of silly. It's still pretty sad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have to agree, picking an arbitrary date in the middle of a successful coach's tenure is kinda odd. I'm by no means going to go post a meltdown on social media about it, though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Sashi fired. Browns

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t wait for the Browns to continue assimilating the Bengals. They’re going for go for Lewis and/or McCarron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t wait for the Browns to continue assimilating the Bengals. They’re going for go for Lewis and/or McCarron.

AJ's an RFA next year and Marv's contract runs out at the end of the league year so go for it yall

• Locked thread