Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, then it'd probably be sometime during the second half of the season. Good synergy, you can advertise the movie during the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
One cour would line up with using AfO as the finale, there's actually not a lot between where the anime left off and that fight.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The third popularity poll has apparently been held, with a fuckton more votes than last time.

Seems like Bakugou won again, lol

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Terper posted:

The third popularity poll has apparently been held, with a fuckton more votes than last time.

What are the other positions? Of course my boy won but I want to know the rest too.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

gnome7 posted:

One cour would line up with using AfO as the finale, there's actually not a lot between where the anime left off and that fight.

12 episodes would be enough to cover the 27 chapters between where they left off and the end of the wrap-up after All Might vs AFO. The pacing would have to be very brisk.

If they wanted to run a 2-cour the next natural stopping point would probably be Deku vs Bakugo 2, but that's another full 22 chapters beyond AFO.

They might be a bit hesitant to end the season on All Might retiring, no matter how cool it is. That's the only thing making me think they'll run it longer.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What if the movie covers the All Might vs AfO fight? Starting from Deku and group planning to save Bakugo all the way to the aftermath.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 6, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Film level animation for that fight would be too good for this sullied EArth

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mraagvpeine posted:

What if the movie covers the All Might vs AfO fight? Starting from Deku and group planning to save Bakugo all the way to the aftermath.

I highly doubt the movie is gonna be canon, because that is loving dumb.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And like I said, the movie is going to be an anime-original story.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Terper posted:

But was Deku's shoe second?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

And like I said, the movie is going to be an anime-original story.

yikes

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That's the case with literally every anime movie that isn't a compilation. Like, by definition.

Hell, some of the One Piece movies are even good!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah they aren't gonna divide canon between film and series.

Unless it's like the very end.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I didn't know rebellion and kizumonogatari weren't canon

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sorry you had to find out this way

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't like the one anime original episode they did and that's really the only thing i'm judging this news by. not the fact that anime movies have a pretty bad hit rate even if there are some outliers in the one piece/naruto franchises.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, that was pretty bad, and I'm still salty about it spoiling Full Cowl.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The ovas were fun imo

Again I'd be fine with a well animated disposable filler movie that's just class 1-a and 1-b beating up a movie only mook squad and baddie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Again I'd be fine with a well animated disposable filler movie that's just class 1-a and 1-b beating up a movie only mook squad and baddie

Class 1-A and Class 1-Who now? Sounds like a buncha losers to me.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Silver2195 posted:

The other main possibility that comes to mind is Kaminari. More out-there possibilities include Jiro, Dark Shadow, Principal Nezu, and Midnight.

Aoyama deserves to be on any list of traitor suspects. He was, after all, mysteriously absent during the attack on USJ.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mountaineer posted:

He was, after all, mysteriously absent during the attack on USJ.
That is almost a good point.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Mountaineer posted:

Aoyama deserves to be on any list of traitor suspects. He was, after all, mysteriously absent during the attack on USJ.

if aoyama was the traitor he wouldn't have pulled through in the clutch during the field trip arc so we're not gonna sit here and slander the best boy in class

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

its kouda

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurora posted:

I didn't know rebellion and kizumonogatari weren't canon

Kizumonogatari is canon, sure, but what's Rebellion?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Madoka Magica.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

That's the case with literally every anime movie that isn't a compilation. Like, by definition.

Hell, some of the One Piece movies are even good!

what about the dragon ball super movies

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hate-Senpai posted:

Kizumonogatari is canon, sure, but what's Rebellion?
Homura doing nothing wrong

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mordaedil posted:

Madoka Magica.

Why would they make a movie about a 3 episode anime.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still think it's Principal Rat, he seems to bear a grudge against humans.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mountaineer posted:

His scenes of watching All Might against OfA and appearing during the Bakugo arc kind of scuttle that theory. Also he tried to tell people where he was during th USJ attack but they simply were blinded by his sparkle.

I've a couple of ideas who it may be but all I can say for certain is I hope it's a student and I hope they are intentionally evil because I want chaos to reign and I also think anything else would be a let down. Even if it's Nezu that would lack punch imo because we haven't spent much time with him. It'd be a reveal that i could understand the faculty being rocked to their core by but not the audience. Even if it's one of the lesser known students I think it would have a lot more punch. A student could also become the opponent for one of the other main characters down the line considering Deku and Tomura are pretty much locked in at this point. Nezu's Quirk doesn't really lend it something like that and I don't think the VA needs a genius strategist right now and it's more interesting if they don't

I think Kaminari, Sero, and Sato are all good candidates for people who may be hiding just how strong their Quirks are. Hagakure has the same problem as Nezu for me though I liked the idea of her becoming opaque wearing an "That's because I'm Kira" smile.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/938731743967821824

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/938731010069426176

I was originally confused but then I remember the poll ran literally during the anime's run. That's why Shinsou, Iida, etc still placed.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JFC, Denki and Shinsou. I get Shinsou to an extent because of the anime thing mentioned above, but loving Denki. I wouldn't give a poo poo in the US, but Denki has done all of like two things in the whole series but because he's pretty and popular he gets a shitton of merchandise here in Japan and it pushes better (Tokoyami) and cuter (Tsuyu) characters out of the line-up sometimes. And then me and my friends inevitably get him in our blind boxes so we have all developed this deep, deep hatred for that boy.

I look forward to seeing the results of the English Jump poll, they usually hold one around the same time but since it's mainly Western manga readers the results tend to be really different. C'mon, first place Tsuyu and second place Mirio!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The answer to why Kaminari places is fujos.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's funny when he uses his power and gets dumb

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The star wars poster is pretty rad and you can see the love he put into it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

His scenes of watching All Might against OfA and appearing during the Bakugo arc kind of scuttle that theory. Also he tried to tell people where he was during th USJ attack but they simply were blinded by his sparkle.

I've a couple of ideas who it may be but all I can say for certain is I hope it's a student and I hope they are intentionally evil because I want chaos to reign and I also think anything else would be a let down. Even if it's Nezu that would lack punch imo because we haven't spent much time with him. It'd be a reveal that i could understand the faculty being rocked to their core by but not the audience. Even if it's one of the lesser known students I think it would have a lot more punch. A student could also become the opponent for one of the other main characters down the line considering Deku and Tomura are pretty much locked in at this point. Nezu's Quirk doesn't really lend it something like that and I don't think the VA needs a genius strategist right now and it's more interesting if they don't

I think Kaminari, Sero, and Sato are all good candidates for people who may be hiding just how strong their Quirks are. Hagakure has the same problem as Nezu for me though I liked the idea of her becoming opaque wearing an "That's because I'm Kira" smile.

I don't actually think it's Nezu. He wouldn't want to take orders from human villains, he's smart enough that he could set up his own organization instead taking orders from All for One (let alone an idiot like Shigaraki), and his exams actually helped the students become stronger.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also wasn't he the first person to bring up the possibility of a traitor?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/938772001954476032

"That character's past". Guessing All Might or Nana?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Where could one see the star wars poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/938772001954476032

"That character's past". Guessing All Might or Nana?

Mineta origin movie, get hyped!

Nonexistence posted:

Where could one see the star wars poster?

By scrolling up a bit.