Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Rat Ogres are only 800 gold, which is two units of clanrat spears. Nobody cares if they lose two units of clanrats.

It's a pretty small price to pay for pinning enemy chariots/cav/monsters in place completely to get murdered, and as a bonus you get a second line charge unit that absolutely devastates armored enemy infantry when you don't need to deploy the rogers as a holding action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

They added Monster Factory to TW:W2, sweet.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
"NEVER ENOUGH DOOMWHEELS" sold me on this completely.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just spent a stupid amount of money on a new computer, so I look forward to trying this out.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

seems like a nice gimmick for youtube ppl that ill use once and then forget about

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Davincie posted:

seems like a nice gimmick for youtube ppl that ill use once and then forget about

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm of the option that a skaven should be the announcer in every trailer from here on, including their historical titles.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

That trailer is pretty much how I envision the development process of modders like radious before they slap it up on the workshop with descriptions that include the phrases "more immersive" and "historical accuracy".

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember when we thought the Experiment might be a fleshed out Vampire Coast faction? :allears:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Safety Factor posted:

Remember when we thought the Experiment might be a fleshed out Vampire Coast faction? :allears:

Did anyone really think that?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm of the option that a skaven should be the announcer in every trailer from here on, including their historical titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6IUbraF9Oo

So long as the goblin great shaman gets to cohost.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Safety Factor posted:

No?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Let's hope one day we'll get the true Vampire Coast faction DLC, undead parrots and gun-wielding zombies for everyone.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah I thought everyone assumed the experiment would be something Skaven related. But it was confusing.

Honestly throwing in a slider mode is uhhh, okay I guess???

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hahaha this rules

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do Skaven have a special ability that lets them see and shoot your entire army from across the map even when it's standing in a forest?

Hammered by plague claw catapults and units of clanrats popping up and I'm not sure how it's happening (I mean once the clanrats appear that makes sense).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sassassin posted:

Do Skaven have a special ability that lets them see and shoot your entire army from across the map even when it's standing in a forest?

Hammered by plague claw catapults and units of clanrats popping up and I'm not sure how it's happening (I mean once the clanrats appear that makes sense).

If they have any units with stalk, like death runners for example, then they can probably see your army even if you can’t see theirs right away

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If they have any units with stalk, like death runners for example, then they can probably see your army even if you can’t see theirs right away
And they have several units with Stalk, while the Assassin can activate what's basically Stalk+ and can stay invisible until almost melee range.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

John Charity Spring posted:

"NEVER ENOUGH DOOMWHEELS" sold me on this completely.

Yeah this looks like it's gonna own.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The night runners & assassin were all a mile away protecting the catapults from my griffon & eagle airforce.

This is the most trouble I can imagine ever having fighting a stack that's 2/3rds slaves. Near constant bombardments that kill off half a unit with each hit. Wizard must have some sick cooldown bonuses.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The overcast one just killed off a whole unit ffs.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Laboratory is absolutely a huge crowdsourced data gathering exercise by CA and Intel.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In time I will reflect that Skaven are absolutely supposed to make me mad with their bullshit but for now I'm cheesed off about losing half an army to the weakest of 4 Skryre stacks roaming around (supported by just two settlements).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i was just hoping for army painter

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

i was just hoping for army painter

If people could paint their dolls in this game, they might not buy the real ones.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I am ready to see what max unit size max explosion Hellstorm Rockets will do to skavenslaves in low gravity.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Sinteres posted:

If people could paint their dolls in this game, they might not buy the real ones.

all the warhammer fantasy armies which are on sale

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

shut the gently caress-gently caress up

LOW GRAV MAX SPELL RADIUS FINAL DESTINATION

this is the correct take. as far as resources, this was planned in advance, and in any event I consider it a worthy use of CA resources

Southpaugh posted:

The Laboratory is absolutely a huge crowdsourced data gathering exercise by CA and Intel.

this action has my consent

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Skaven announcer and/or goblin announcer need to be involved in every trailer. And also Laboratory looks dope as poo poo, can't wait to max the gently caress out of skavenslaves bumrushing rockets with maxed out reload time reduction and no gravity.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wanna do 10x unit size and just ram some brets into goblins or slaves

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I don't mind that they are spending their time on this but it definitely sounds like something I'll try once or twice and then never open again.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Now some sort of "Import Laboratory settings to Campaign " feature... :getin:

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Kainser posted:

I don't mind that they are spending their time on this but it definitely sounds like something I'll try once or twice and then never open again.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever use this unless I could export the settings to make a million-man zero-gravity campaign. It's definitely a neat thing that I hope sticks around and gets expanded upon for subsequent Total Wars, though.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dandywalken posted:

Now some sort of "Import Laboratory settings to Campaign " feature... :getin:

Most of those settings are trivially easy to mod. It's more work than just using a slider, but you could still make those changes within 2 minutes.

I don't care about laboratory mode at all tbh, but that trailer owned.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 7, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

New Butt Order posted:

Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever use this unless I could export the settings to make a million-man zero-gravity campaign. It's definitely a neat thing that I hope sticks around and gets expanded upon for subsequent Total Wars, though.

At the very least it's a test run to see what sliders people end up enjoying, so one way or another it'll affect future games, though history games will probably remain more grounded.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Blooming Brilliant posted:

They added Monster Factory to TW:W2, sweet.

agreed...,

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Tiler Kiwi posted:

shut the gently caress-gently caress up

LOW GRAV MAX SPELL RADIUS FINAL DESTINATION

Davincie posted:

:shrug:

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
The one thing I wanted out of a Laboratory Mode was the ability to issue commands to both sides of a battle, but that doesn't seem to be in here. I'm sure it will be a neat spectacle, but I am pretty meh on this

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Vargs posted:

I don't care about laboratory mode at all tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Vargs posted:

Most of those settings are trivially easy to mod. It's more work that just using a slider, but you could still make those changes within 2 minutes.

I don't care about laboratory mode at all tbh, but that trailer owned.

I don't think it's something I'll spend a lot of time in, but it's interesting enough to try and maybe be surprised. It doesn't really seem like something that probably took all that much time and effort to make, since they would have wanted the ability to tinker with values themselves anyway, so since it didn't cause another six month delay I'm okay with it.