Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

biracial bear for uncut posted:

From issue #14 of that same Batman series. I'm trying to figure out why Kite Man is so happy in the last panel.

He just got his rear end kicked by Catwoman and Batman.

EDIT:

Also that whole sequence in the Batman-themed restaurant where Damien got the Batmite meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

purple death ray posted:

He's just completing the catch phrase from the first panel. If he says "Kite Man" he has to say "hell yeah" even if he just got his rear end kicked.

Kite Man is my favorite villain next to The Shocker (as he's portrayed in Ultimate Spider-Man).

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

From issue #14 of that same Batman series. I'm trying to figure out why Kite Man is so happy in the last panel.

EDIT:

Also that whole sequence in the Batman-themed restaurant where Damien got the Batmite meal.

I think Kite Man gets a lot of enjoyment from flying around, like it’s what he dreamed about as a kid, getting to fly a kite with his dad, but he never got to because his dad was never around, and his mom was indifferent, never showing approval or disapproval. When he flies on his kite, he gets the adrenaline rush, and when Batman, and now Catwoman, kick his rear end for the crimes, he gets the acknowledgement he never got from his parents.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Read the book. It’s more depressing than that.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Is Gotham still a demon-powered machine for making Baatmen? If so, his parents were probably murdered, but when brooding he saw a kite instead of a bat, and decided that a symbol of joy would put innocent people off-guard.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Open Marriage Night posted:

Read the book. It’s more depressing than that.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The Kite Man thing is a good throughline but I do feel like on the whole The War of Jokes and Riddles was an extremely half-baked storyline. There were hardly any jokes or riddles in it, it was just teams of Batman villains fighting like they have a million times before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tom King is really enamored of that nine panel structure huh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

zoux posted:

Tom King is really enamored of that nine panel structure huh

Gotta get that Watchmen synergy early on.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I liked the bit where Batman/Superman said each other's catch phrase while punching out the random villain and after that Superman said "So... you want to go get something to eat?"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Proteus Jones posted:

It's the latest issue of "Batman". I only subscribe to "Superman" and "Batman", so I can't say to how good the other titles are.

Superman is basically the adventures of Clark, Lois and their kid, Jon.

Batman has been shaping up good too, and this latest one... I just really like how they're going with Clark and Bruce aren't just friendly, but actually good friends. There's real admiration for each other and also each wanting approval from the other. And they just *get* each other.

Also, I think it was last year(?) there were some issues of Clark and Bruce forcing Damien and Jon to work together to solve problems. The relationship between Damien and Jon is good and funny too.

Batman and Superman's relationship also led to the single best page since the Rebirth Era has started.

That's the Batman outfit from the Batman/Planetary crossover, isn't it. That's rad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cabbit posted:

That's the Batman outfit from the Batman/Planetary crossover, isn't it. That's rad.

No, it's the Batman costume he's been wearing for awhile now. None of the Batmen that appeared in the Planetary crossover had the yellow outline.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That yellow outline is uggo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

That yellow outline is uggo.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Kite Man is the happiest man in Gotham.

Please, don't correct me. Leave me this one thing.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

Kite Man is the happiest man in Gotham.

Please, don't correct me. Leave me this one thing.

Also, he sounds exactly like Duff Man.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

KITE MAN CAN'T BREATHE! HELL YEAH!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Dark Knight Strikes Again is the worst comic in the world.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Proteus Jones posted:

It's the latest issue of "Batman". I only subscribe to "Superman" and "Batman", so I can't say to how good the other titles are.

Superman is basically the adventures of Clark, Lois and their kid, Jon.

Batman has been shaping up good too, and this latest one... I just really like how they're going with Clark and Bruce aren't just friendly, but actually good friends. There's real admiration for each other and also each wanting approval from the other. And they just *get* each other.

Also, I think it was last year(?) there were some issues of Clark and Bruce forcing Damien and Jon to work together to solve problems. The relationship between Damien and Jon is good and funny too.

Batman and Superman's relationship also led to the single best page since the Rebirth Era has started.

I like how despite not eating the pie, Batman has clearly drunk his first cup of coffee already, and Lois is giving him a refill. And how Damien has eaten less of the pie than the others, he prolly wanted to try and act tough like Batman, but couldn't just say no to the pie in the end. Small details like that are cool.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Android Blues posted:

The Kite Man thing is a good throughline but I do feel like on the whole The War of Jokes and Riddles was an extremely half-baked storyline. There were hardly any jokes or riddles in it, it was just teams of Batman villains fighting like they have a million times before.

There were plenty of jokes and riddles, and that dinner issue was ridiculously good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I like how despite not eating the pie, Batman has clearly drunk his first cup of coffee already, and Lois is giving him a refill. And how Damien has eaten less of the pie than the others, he prolly wanted to try and act tough like Batman, but couldn't just say no to the pie in the end. Small details like that are cool.

The pie symbolizes happiness.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Awkward Party Gordon

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

chitoryu12 posted:

Awkward Party Gordon

Weekend at Commissioner Gordon's

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

EDIT:

I take it Kite Man doesn't rate an arrest.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

SpiritOfLenin posted:

another note: Damien has pitch black coffee, whereas Jon has no coffee. Most kids I know, if they drink coffee, drink it with milk and sugar if possible, whereas Damien is doubling down on his whole grim darkness thing.

Whereas Batman clearly has his coffee with milk.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also Damian has his arm around his plate so Batman can't see how much of the pie he's eaten

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bunnyofdoom posted:

another note: Damien has pitch black coffee, whereas Jon has no coffee. Most kids I know, if they drink coffee, drink it with milk and sugar if possible, whereas Damien is doubling down on his whole grim darkness thing.

Maybe Damien just really likes Twin Peaks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ever since he saw Catwoman drink it like that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lobok posted:

Ever since he saw Catwoman drink it like that.

Drink it like what? Like this?

NSFW, of course.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Drink it like what? Like this?

NSFW, of course.

I mean... wouldn't you?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We were having such a good time and you had to go and post that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Greg Horn made buying Slott's awesome She-Hulk comic into a shameful experience.

More shameful than buying comics usually is.

Edit:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That horse is stoked he got to be in a comic cover

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Push El Burrito posted:

Greg Horn made buying Slott's awesome She-Hulk comic into a shameful experience.

More shameful than buying comics usually is.

Edit:

That must be a tiny loving horse

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Something about that horse that is so dang... off-putting.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

prefect posted:

Weekend at Commissioner Gordon's

Well said.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"In Gotham news today billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne married a prostitute. In unrelated news it seem Gotham's own Batman has a new sexy female partner."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

dont even fink about it posted:

I take it Kite Man doesn't rate an arrest.

The story revolves around Batman giving Catwoman one more night out before he takes her back to Arkham. So, he's obligated to chase her when she makes a run for it. The two parter ends with the line "She stole the night."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Open Marriage Night posted:

The story revolves around Batman giving Catwoman one more night out before he takes her back to Arkham. So, he's obligated to chase her when she makes a run for it. The two parter ends with the line "She stole the night."

Isn't Arkham a lunatic asylum? Is she crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

IronSaber posted:

Something about that horse that is so dang... off-putting.

No sir, I don't like it.