Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

What are your opinions on the Oxford comma?

I think it's redundant. Kind of like people using spaces instead of tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

It's going to be a bad opinion

Lance Stroll good.

Pot bad.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My love of the Oxford comma runs deep and true.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

I think it's redundant. Kind of like people using spaces instead of tabs.

I should ban you for this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Theophany posted:

Lance Stroll good.

Pot bad.

You are the worst person on this planet

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm so triggered right now

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

My love of the Oxford comma runs deep and true.

Cheese, tomato, eggs, and butter.

Cheese, tomato, eggs and butter.

I mean, just say it out loud. Why would you audibly pause before the 'and' unless you have asthma or are developmentally challenged?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

I should ban you for this.

:smuggo:

Norns posted:

You are the worst person on this planet

Norns posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Brb, just gonna have one of my legal CIGARETTES, not any of that ILLEGAL WACKY BACCY you dirty stoner pothead layabouts smoke.

#VoteNixon

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Mk2 1.8. Mk1s are either expensive for a good one or a maddening descent into suicide termed a 'project.'

Collecting it in a couple of weeks time!

Refresh all the supension because the bushings and shocks if original are going to be pretty worn and sloppy. Probably a good idea to check the brakes also.

Then buy some mad tyte 80s jdm wheels like these http://www.jdmdistro.com/shop/15-wheels/work-equip-01-7/

Also I hope you checked the front chassis ralis for rust. A friend runs a car control business with loads of these and they like to rot from the inside.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have to smoke weed just to deal with your loving posting

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Do you want to make something of your life, son? Because if you do then you gotta lay off the Devil's cabbage. It'll ruin your brain. Talk to your doctor, he'll prescribe you something that'll make you feel better. Take a couple of Fentanyl and you'll fit fine into the 9-5 working set!

Remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FtNm9CgA6U

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm retired at 35 I think I'm doing okay

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Refresh all the supension because the bushings and shocks if original are going to be pretty worn and sloppy. Probably a good idea to check the brakes also.

Then buy some mad tyte 80s jdm wheels like these http://www.jdmdistro.com/shop/15-wheels/work-equip-01-7/

Also I hope you checked the front chassis ralis for rust. A friend runs a car control business with loads of these and they like to rot from the inside.

Yeah I did have those thoughts, especially since I'm buying it sight unseen (you've seen my posting, you know I'm a loving retard). It got through the MOT just fine today with no advisories and it has been SORN and garaged for the last 5 years so there probably isn't any surface rust to be flagged by the MOT. The chap I'm buying it off is my Dad's school buddy and is OCD-levels of fastidiousness with his cars and assures me there is no rot. Suspension refresh, new discs and pads are all on the cards though and in 3 months when I get the itch possibly a supercharger.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm a firm believer of driving an old car for three months before deciding what needs to be done.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm a firm believer of driving an old car for three months before deciding what needs to be done.

Usually all the things. Like selling it on to the next dumb schmuck.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ya it's an real loving Sophie's choice of how deep you want to get in and how much poo poo you can live with and hid from the next dumb oval office.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

Usually all the things. Like selling it on to the next dumb schmuck.

You don't sell good cars. You drive them and keep them running until you die find another cool car and then simply put them in the barn and care about them while never driving them again so you can brag about how many cars you have and that you are a true car collector like those rich guys.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Ya it's an real loving Sophie's choice of how deep you want to get in and how much poo poo you can live with and hid from the next dumb oval office.

Luckily the guy I sold my shitshow of a BMW to was a long-distance buyer and I managed to get a friend who runs a garage to sell on my behalf. He was rather irritated when he called after selling it because apparently the buyer was "built like a brick shithouse" and he was mumbling about the competitive vaping level of white clouds coming out of the exhaust to be nothing to worry about - probably a PCV breather pipe lol.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

You don't sell good cars. You drive them and keep them running until you die find another cool car and then simply put them in the barn and care about them while never driving them again so you can brag about how many cars you have and that you are a true car collector like those rich guys.

If I had deep enough pockets I would've kept the last shitheap going just because I loved it so much. I totalled up the repair bills today for my tax return and I was like £4,000 into a car I bought for £9,000 and almost spent another £2,500 on replacing £80 worth or rubbers. In fairness, that last repair would've made it good for another 100k miles but at that point you're almost double into what you bought the thing for in less than a year.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Middle: First 7 races

Right: Baku to Singapore

Left: M. Schumacher

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

If I had deep enough pockets I would've kept the last shitheap going just because I loved it so much. I totalled up the repair bills today for my tax return and I was like £4,000 into a car I bought for £9,000 and almost spent another £2,500 on replacing £80 worth or rubbers. In fairness, that last repair would've made it good for another 100k miles but at that point you're almost double into what you bought the thing for in less than a year.

I sold two cars I should have never sold and miss to this very day, (540i and a 3,5 litre V6 Pajero (short version)) only because people told me it is "not okay" to own more than one or two cars. I never sold another car since then (apart from a Chrysler 300m, which was cool for cruising around, but not cool enough to keep), I just find new places to hide them now so people can't tell me I'm clogging up all the parking spaces. I'm a stupid car jerk who spends too much on (old) cars, ama

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have 3. One has been basically relegated to track use only however, and the other is used only in winter.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Human Grand Prix posted:

I have 3. One has been basically relegated to track use only however, and the other is used only in winter.

nearly same. I have one that people have to pry from my dead hands, but I don't drive more than 500km a year, because it is the best car that was ever made and no other car comes close. Another stupid sport hybrid to show how I care about the planet and how trendy and loving hip I am for which I am too cheap to buy cold weather tires, plus another one that destroys the planet by beeing a SUV (or SAC, how they call it), which I drive when I need a car that is somewhat usefull.

Oh, and a very old 6series, to convince people I have an aquired taste while they slowly shake their head and back away, whispering to themselves how stupid I am

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Having just come off a year and a half stint of owning three 30 year old cars I'm never doing that again.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Cheese, tomato, eggs, and butter.

Cheese, tomato, eggs and butter.

I mean, just say it out loud. Why would you audibly pause before the 'and' unless you have asthma or are developmentally challenged?

Because the list is:

cheese
tomato
eggs
butter

Not:

cheese
tomato
eggs and butter

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Because the list is:

cheese
tomato
eggs
butter

Not:

cheese
tomato
eggs and butter

Not all of our minds operate like a 1990s computer programming language sorry.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Not all of our minds operate like a 1990s computer programming language, sorry.

Perhaps a better example is, "The car is available in red, blue, black and white."

Is there a black car and a white car? Or a two-tone car? It's unclear without the Oxford Comma, God's greatest gift to the written word.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nobody is buying a black and white car. That's a poor example.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

what if it also has blue parts?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Wow, I didn’t realize it was possible to smell autism.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

this triggers me so much

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

tuo posted:

this triggers me so much

Welcome to this thread.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

AHEM;

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

Welcome to this thread.

:tipshat:

no, wait, more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJehlr1tEw

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Yeah I did have those thoughts, especially since I'm buying it sight unseen (you've seen my posting, you know I'm a loving retard). It got through the MOT just fine today with no advisories and it has been SORN and garaged for the last 5 years so there probably isn't any surface rust to be flagged by the MOT. The chap I'm buying it off is my Dad's school buddy and is OCD-levels of fastidiousness with his cars and assures me there is no rot. Suspension refresh, new discs and pads are all on the cards though and in 3 months when I get the itch possibly a supercharger.

Sounds nice! Also good to see you've got a nice factory hardtop. Do you know if it has a torsen diff?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

A colon would be more appropriate for the second one, surely?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Because the list is:

cheese
tomato
eggs
butter

Not:

cheese
tomato
eggs and butter

You cannot buy eggs and butter as a single item, so my example is correct.

track day bro! posted:

Sounds nice! Also good to see you've got a nice factory hardtop. Do you know if it has a torsen diff?

It does indeed - it's the 2000 Icon model, so it has a load of the factory extras already ticked like the LSD and, more importantly, chrome interior door handles and electric aerial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Wow, I didn’t realize it was possible to smell autism.

If you read back through some of the last season's posts, you can loving chew on it at times.

• Locked thread