Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
LT gets kicked out of flight school for giving the appearance that she was sleeping with her stick buddy. She claims it was a malicious story told by another student in response to that student being called out for cheating. Accusations of improper inquiries being dune, favoritism, and the Army legal system being worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiRGeDleXE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Loden Taylor posted:

The tragedy of the military is that you can't just wash your hands of your subordinates. In almost any other job, you could just fire your worst employees and then promptly forget all about them, but not here.

So what you're saying is, bring back decimation.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

at the date posted:

So what you're saying is, bring back decimation.

Either that or the Sun Tsu strategy of executing Officers.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Bell_ posted:

Either that or the Sun Tsu strategy of executing Officers.

¿Porque no los dos?

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008
https://youtu.be/VYgit0flyvU

Go hog wild!

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

Oh good, it's that time of year where we get costly and embarrassing spirit week army/navy videos. There's one by USMA that is 11 drat minutes long. Didn't watch it, but skipping around, it's mostly general standing around talking or walking places With A Purpose.

Navy swabs the poop deck amirite? x6088

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

That is loving retarded on many, many levels.

SimonCat posted:

https://i.imgur.com/fB7yAVw.jpgLT gets kicked out of flight school for giving the appearance that she was sleeping with her stick buddy. She claims it was a malicious story told by another student in response to that student being called out for cheating. Accusations of improper inquiries being dune, favoritism, and the Army legal system being worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiRGeDleXE

Lol

Dumb fuckers gunna dumb fucker.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 7, 2017

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
VBS3 simulators are such a cluster gently caress. “This resource just sits around unused all the time!”. Well no poo poo, it just crashes constantly. The only thing I’ve seen it reliably do is run crew through simulated gunnery. Anything else is a complete poo poo show.

Wasting hours just sitting here while the civilians try to get everything to work.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Mustang posted:

VBS3 simulators are such a cluster gently caress. “This resource just sits around unused all the time!”. Well no poo poo, it just crashes constantly. The only thing I’ve seen it reliably do is run crew through simulated gunnery. Anything else is a complete poo poo show.

Wasting hours just sitting here while the civilians try to get everything to work.

VBS is some fraud, waste and abuse poo poo right there. They've spent so much money paying for essentially an ARMA mod with poo poo controls.

Honestly, you could probably use PUBG, run a test server environment, then spend a fraction building some small maps with some buildings and some auto-run preprogrammed AI for civilians/combatants. And it'd be better than the poo poo-show that is VBS.

Funny VBS story: We did the land-nav course in VBS. Once I was done finding the points, I went back to the opening area and found out you could open the portajohn doors. We had some fun opening doors, then I went prone and closed a door. Killed my avatar. On a range with no weapons and no surface steep enough to cover fall damage.

Pay me Army.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

One of my simulated missions as a PL back at Benning in Stryker leaders course right before SP my Stryker teleported a few km away and I had to drive back. While about to call up redcon 1 again I start hearing explosions. 3/4 of my PLTs strykers had somehow blown up and were flying through the air, colliding into each other and exploding again. The avatars of everyone in the strykers were screaming while ragdolling through the air as they were flung from the strykers somehow.

While in VBS3 in ARC I climbed down a ladder and broke a leg so I had to hobble everywhere for the rest of the mission. Which means until it crashes again.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

J.A.B.C. posted:

VBS is some fraud, waste and abuse poo poo right there. They've spent so much money paying for essentially an ARMA mod with poo poo controls.

Honestly, you could probably use PUBG, run a test server environment, then spend a fraction building some small maps with some buildings and some auto-run preprogrammed AI for civilians/combatants. And it'd be better than the poo poo-show that is VBS.

Funny VBS story: We did the land-nav course in VBS. Once I was done finding the points, I went back to the opening area and found out you could open the portajohn doors. We had some fun opening doors, then I went prone and closed a door. Killed my avatar. On a range with no weapons and no surface steep enough to cover fall damage.

Pay me Army.

When they made me do VBS thingy (If I think you are talking about what I'm talking about) I was with a bunch of PAOs, so naturally everyone thought they were gonna be a badass. It's very hard to move around and see straight (I was at a tilt for whatever the loving reason was). I got yelled at for teabagging and spin around in circles. The compound we got to had to be force loaded because we kept getting stuck in the stryker. Like, one seat in the back literally made you stuck and they had to move you. We finally got to the compound and the second we got in, we got hosed up. I think we killed like 3 people, I know I got one. I was running out in the open to get to a downed teammate when a loving rocket exploded and killed me. I was resurrected for whatever reason "that wasn't supposed to happen" and proceeded to die over and over again in place as the moment I was revived, I was shot and killed by OPFOR. It was loving stupid. They killed the OPFOR, but instead of killing that one person, he wiped the entire loving side. After that we got a thumbs up, and "mission complete"

I have had more fun on the EST2k and had better training.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
we did one in an S1 section of the convoy thing in HMMWVs. I was the tail truck and everyone else died so I just went fully apeshit on the .50 and shot everything on teh screen and then the instructors killed me after I killed a few old guys on bikes or whatever. He was coming right at me though!

edit: If you've ever played Rising Storm 2 with me, you know how I like to melt my barrel, it was exactly like that.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Mustang posted:

One of my simulated missions as a PL back at Benning in Stryker leaders course right before SP my Stryker teleported a few km away and I had to drive back. While about to call up redcon 1 again I start hearing explosions. 3/4 of my PLTs strykers had somehow blown up and were flying through the air, colliding into each other and exploding again. The avatars of everyone in the strykers were screaming while ragdolling through the air as they were flung from the strykers somehow.

While in VBS3 in ARC I climbed down a ladder and broke a leg so I had to hobble everywhere for the rest of the mission. Which means until it crashes again.

You'll be glad to hear that ARC is changing significantly, and VBS will be more than that one day at the end

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Not a legit shoot unless the "He's comin' right for us!" call gets recorded.

Aviation units do brigade-sized sim exercises in a big complex every now and then. It never fails that while dozens of crews are getting the sim cockpits all set up before the mission, a rogue operator will dominate the combined net with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

I just noticed that the top guy is the Division CSM :cripes:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hey SGT Wasabi, what the gently caress kind of risks are in the EST2K??

Uhhhh, 1LT dude.... It's dark so they shouldn't trip? gently caress, IDK. Maybe they can put it their eyes with a rogue dust bunny in the gas system???

gently caress it, maybe a soldier with strangle themselves with the cable.

It's refreshing to reach a point in my career where everyone around me is loving fed up with the dumb.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Triggs posted:

I just noticed that the top guy is the Division CSM :cripes:

that is how they held pistols back when america was great

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I actually spend an inordinate amount of time helping senior officials qualify once a year. :colbert:

(it usually involves me "qualifying" on the lane right beside them)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh gently caress I forgot the loving state didn't want to pay for a real hazmat team and exterminators for our kitchens rat infestation and had our units soldiers cleaning old rat poo poo out from EVERYWHERE.

I told literally every one to gently caress off, we're not doing this and called the IG. DUCK getting Hantavirus.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot the loving state didn't want to pay for a real hazmat team and exterminators for our kitchens rat infestation and had our units soldiers cleaning old rat poo poo out from EVERYWHERE.

I told literally every one to gently caress off, we're not doing this and called the IG. DUCK getting Hantavirus.

Quack quack!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress duck

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kinda funny we're reaching a point where what was probably pretty neat a long rear end time ago (VBS poo poo) is now seen as lame garbage and worse for training than what you can get off Steam.

Though I will say, EST with the special zombie/ivan/terrorist shooting range is pretty drat fun. pttttttSHUNK pttttttSHUNK

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
I remember using some electric predecessor to the EST that ran off of, IIRC, a super nintendo cartridge.

YEP: M.A.C.S.

Look what a cartridge is going for: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-A-C-S-MA...J4AAOSw9OFZOHl-

Doesn't include the rifle which is some kind of fake M16 a la EST. Gunna have to keep my eyes open at the DRMO yard.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

I remember using some electric predecessor to the EST that ran off of, IIRC, a super nintendo cartridge.

YEP: M.A.C.S.

Look what a cartridge is going for: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-A-C-S-MA...J4AAOSw9OFZOHl-

Doesn't include the rifle which is some kind of fake M16 a la EST. Gunna have to keep my eyes open at the DRMO yard.

i've got the ROM for it if anyone wants it lol

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
man I forgot about the SNES thing, that owned.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

3 day weekend for JBLM but I have to work on Monday because our range walk for gunnery was scheduled before the JBLM donsa was pushed out.

Can’t get comped a half day because I’ll miss 350-1 training and if I don’t get that I might say something racist, rape somebody, or kill myself.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Man. Whatever the equivalent of laughing and having liquid shoot out your nose and smoking pot is, I just did it reading your post.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
is the army-navy game mandatory fun or are all of the cadets there of their own volition?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mustang posted:

3 day weekend for JBLM but I have to work on Monday because our range walk for gunnery was scheduled before the JBLM donsa was pushed out.

Can’t get comped a half day because I’ll miss 350-1 training and if I don’t get that I might say something racist, rape somebody, or kill myself.

Quit being a little bitch and grow some heart hooah

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

is the army-navy game mandatory fun or are all of the cadets there of their own volition?

you know the answer in your heart

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

boop the snoot posted:

Can confirm mandatory fun.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
it would actually somehow be worse if it wasnt mandatory, because all those dorky cadets would still be there huffing down that esprit de corps

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Your Battle Buddy posted:

it would actually somehow be worse if it wasnt mandatory, because all those dorky cadets would still be there huffing down that esprit de corps

i thought that was what west point was for 90% of the cadets though

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’s academy vs academy: no matter who wins, everyone loses.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang posted:

Wait a minute. It's supposed to be a 3 day here this weekend?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
It's not a federal holiday, so any DONSA this weekend is really just a freebie from the commander.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Wait a minute. It's supposed to be a 3 day here this weekend?

It might not be for you, did you have one last weekend? We didn’t. We were supposed to have it the 11th instead for some reason

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang posted:

It might not be for you, did you have one last weekend? We didn’t. We were supposed to have it the 11th instead for some reason

I've been doing gate guard for the last few weeks, and avoiding everyone I work with outside of that, so I don't know. They did just finish with EIB, so I know they didn't take any days off last week, and now they want to finish load out for their next 50+ day field op, so I'm guessing no day off.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

next 50+ day field op

:stare: for as bad as AK sucked, being horrifically cold in the winter kept this kind of poo poo to a bare minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I'm currently deployed in a fire doing camp support, on 16s. I've been ducking into portapotties to read this thread. Mustang's journey, the sick concentration barracks, and literally everything else has convinced me that my youthful dreams of joining the army I had when I was 19 were naive as gently caress.

Thank god I joined the Cs instead of this flaming tire fire. At least this horror show I'm in ends in 3 months.

Since I'm still in the CCV, something dumb from this fire: One of the guys from my crew quit after his girlfriend hosed a firefighter in his(my crewmates) tent. The firefighter nutted all over the pillows and the sleeping bag.

At least I'm making OT today :smithicide: