Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
aw heck yes, Gorgon NP interlude, been wanting this for awhile now. 10 - 15% NP charge isn't a huge buff, but I'll take whatever I can get :toot:

e: Also I was wondering who would get the inevitable Quick Resist down, and it was smol snek! That's pretty cool, hopefully I manage to pick up Medusa Lancer at some point since I have quite a few Quick-based characters.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Where the heck is my Okita NP buff.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
press her 1

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Does she really need it though? My NP 1 Okita is doing some drat good damage and can easily spam it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Marogareh posted:

Does she really need it though? My NP 1 Okita is doing some drat good damage and can easily spam it.
To make her an OP servant? Yes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah this is definitely doable with George/Robin/Santa/Santa/Caesar/Jack. Doubly so if I can manage to get a Santa support with MLBed HNS to allow me to put a Kaleidoscope on Caesar. I'm sure I will get RNG screwed a few times but I was able to do about 5 runs this morning with that +13 group. And based on the spreadsheet calculator from a while back, with 5 CEs I would have to go all the way down to +9 stockings on the 50AP to make the 40AP better, so come hell or high water I think the 50AP is going to be my world for the next 4 days no matter what.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe if Santa Alter had a useful skill instead of friggin' Instinct again.

As a Rider, Instinct is actually pretty decent on her now that she can actually get the stars it makes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the arcade game graphics are so insanely good look at those animations

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Clawtopsy posted:

i need so many loving gears :negative:

I just need one for Okita. Just... one.

And then a bunch for Waver after that I guess, but he's S-curve, so no rush.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

where's the drat atalanta animation rework

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLaLrky2Sg

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Swapping Caesar out for my Okita means I can clear the 50AP pretty darn reliably, so I guess I'm in for that. Not to mention I need to do the 50AP to get Ribbons and Bells too anyway.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah this is definitely doable with George/Robin/Santa/Santa/Caesar/Jack. Doubly so if I can manage to get a Santa support with MLBed HNS to allow me to put a Kaleidoscope on Caesar. I'm sure I will get RNG screwed a few times but I was able to do about 5 runs this morning with that +13 group. And based on the spreadsheet calculator from a while back, with 5 CEs I would have to go all the way down to +9 stockings on the 50AP to make the 40AP better, so come hell or high water I think the 50AP is going to be my world for the next 4 days no matter what.

You shouldn't be looking at what happens when you run the 50AP with a lower bonus, you should be looking at what happens when you run the 40AP with a higher bonus. 40AP with +15/+100% is better than 50AP with +13/+100%, so if you have any of Martha, Marie or Nursery Rhyme you should replace George with them even if it means falling back to the 40. 40AP with +14/+100% is pretty close to 50AP with +13/+100%, so if you don't have any of the 4*s and your 50AP failure rate is less than one in forty then the 50AP is better.

Personally I can't quite hit the necessary success rate on 50AP and I don't think replacing a silver would help, so I guess I'm doing the walk of shame back to the chump stages until I can limit break HNS and free up another CE slot. :sigh:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got all the crap I wanted except fpr like monuments and nuts so I'm not in a rush right now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
"japanese_crested_ibis_(kemono_friends) elizabeth_bathory_(fate)_(all)"

?????????????

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I envision myself becoming something of a hollow eyed husk come Sunday.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also I can only pray this animation gets into the mobile game one day

https://twitter.com/FGO424/status/938735693332754432

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

You shouldn't be looking at what happens when you run the 50AP with a lower bonus, you should be looking at what happens when you run the 40AP with a higher bonus. 40AP with +15/+100% is better than 50AP with +13/+100%, so if you have any of Martha, Marie or Nursery Rhyme you should replace George with them even if it means falling back to the 40. 40AP with +14/+100% is pretty close to 50AP with +13/+100%, so if you don't have any of the 4*s and your 50AP failure rate is less than one in forty then the 50AP is better.

Personally I can't quite hit the necessary success rate on 50AP and I don't think replacing a silver would help, so I guess I'm doing the walk of shame back to the chump stages until I can limit break HNS and free up another CE slot. :sigh:
I guess it's ultimately a matter of looking at the sock/AP rates, and whether it's worth spending the AP you've saved by not doing the 50AP doing the the 10AP and 20AP to make up the differences in currencies. I do want co clear out some of the extra bits in the shops, such as the fous, if I can help it.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Cleared it with Jack/David/Santa/Martha/Marie/Santa.

It helps a lot that MLB Holy Night Signs are starting to pop up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I've had completely poo poo CE drop luck ever since Halloween.

Ah well.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, for a max LB HNS, does that guarantee every stocking gets a single additional stocking drop? I haven't had one drop, so I can't get one myself yet, but it would be nice to know.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Along those lines, is it better to MLB a Holy Night Sign (I finally got one to drop from the 40 AP) or just put as many on the party as team cost will allow, in terms of stockings?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Limit broken Holy Night Sign is 40%. So the ideal scenario is having your own limit broken HNS, a non-limit broken HNS, and using a support with a limit broken HNS to round out 100%.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Unfortunately, none of my friends have an MLB'd HNS, so even if I were to get two as a drop, I still couldn't MLB my own, because the bonus would only be 80% at max. Come on people, aren't you grinding enough?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
The people that are grinding hard have 2 MLB HNS and a non-mlb HNS. They use a MLB Kaleidoscope Santa Alter to speed up the run.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So should I save some of my apples for Saber Wars or should I just throw them all into this event tograb as many bones, exp cards and fangs as I can? Only things left in the shop are rider pieces/monuments and Ialready have an abundance of them with no one to spend them on.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Don't forget the QP, gold XP cards, prisms, and especially skill gems. If I am able to throw all 40 or so apples I've set aside for this thing (still holding back 20 as a buffer), I estimate that I'll conservatively be able to get 1000+ prisms, 1000+ gold XP cards, hundreds of million of QP, and probably 50-60 of every skill gem type for each class.

So if you feel you don't need those resources at this time, then sure sit on you apples. I don't think I can leave behind that XP or those skill gems though, they would take me months to build up normally.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Damnit, suddenly I feel the need for Claws. I have 6, but need another 5 to get both Shisou's 3rd ascension and Jack's final, and the next event that has claws is KnK in like late February. I'm not sure who should get what I've got, since Shisou with her third skill can just murder Gil like its nothing, but building up another 5 claws to ascend Jack is just going to be a massive pain.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Day Whatever of my Alt Account: I still do not have a Saint-George to go with my Sumanai. I am beginning to think the Gacha Gods are fickle and have a perverse sense of humor.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ashsaber posted:

Damnit, suddenly I feel the need for Claws. I have 6, but need another 5 to get both Shisou's 3rd ascension and Jack's final, and the next event that has claws is KnK in like late February. I'm not sure who should get what I've got, since Shisou with her third skill can just murder Gil like its nothing, but building up another 5 claws to ascend Jack is just going to be a massive pain.
Saber Wars has 18 of 'em and that's before KnK.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish you could use animation sets separate from sprite cuz Abby's animations are great in her spooky form but I don't like that outfit one bit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish you could use animation sets separate from sprite cuz Abby's animations are great in her spooky form but I don't like that outfit one bit.

Uncled Vlad should knit her a sweater.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'd like to think that when Emiya saw Santa Alter jump onto their ship he was thinking to himself "Oh what is this fresh hell"

Alternatively,

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not sure if it says more about me or the game that I always feel just a little bit happy when I see that I rolled a Dragon Fang in the lottery.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I still need 430 Gold Stars. I don't understand how I am still missing that many when I have done nothing but farm 40AP.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I still need 430 Gold Stars. I don't understand how I am still missing that many when I have done nothing but farm 40AP.

Were you trying to buy out the monuments or something? You should be able to easily clear all of the ces, buckets, and scales without much trouble since at this point you can apple 40ap for lottery resets

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Were you trying to buy out the monuments or something? You should be able to easily clear all of the ces, buckets, and scales without much trouble since at this point you can apple 40ap for lottery resets

nope, I've bought no monuments or pieces. I've bought both Holy Night Signs and one Chicken Bucket, and have almost the 100 stars for the final bucket.

I should be okay on time since you get two full bars of Stamina a day and I get roughly 24 stars per run (so I need 20 runs, there's 3 in my bar, so 6 a day is 18 total, so just 1 or 2 apples should be fine), I think I've just had bad drops.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
London was announced on Facebook for release on the 19th. 10 free quartz gifted.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

UchihaHirou posted:

London was announced on Facebook for release on the 19th. 10 free quartz gifted.

Well well well. Time to stock up Embers for Babbage, Paracelsus and Jekyll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Cool.

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's because most people aren't using multiple copies of the star boosting CE. GUDAGUDA for example people were running out 2-3 copies of Poster Girl if they had them, whereas here stocking boosting CEs are the only things people are bothering with. Clearing out the star shop relies therefore on running the 40AP a ton of times (100+ by my estimates) which is actually beneficial if you want to run the lottery a million times anyway.