Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Camera panning down to see Chucky with an ice pack on his junk at the end was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/938575176798576640
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/938577671356686336

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

How influential is George Carroll Jr. as head of American expansion? I just noticed he's been liking tweets about Elgin getting pulled from indie shows and wonder how that bodes for Elgin's future in NJPW.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

How influential is George Carroll Jr. as head of American expansion? I just noticed he's been liking tweets about Elgin getting pulled from indie shows and wonder how that bodes for Elgin's future in NJPW.

He's the #1 guy. He's one of the bigger mover and shakers in Wrestling that no know really knows of/talks about.

Edit: I asked around. The New Japan company line is that "Elgin is booked until the Dome". Read into that what you will.

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 7, 2017

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

Edit: I asked around. The New Japan company line is that "Elgin is booked until the Dome". Read into that what you will.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/938651933493157888

he gone

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Havok's social media situation being unearthed during her NXT tryout was poor timing obviously. But Elgin acutely hosed himself over.

For the sake of making a point, New Japan likely wouldn't have cared about the initial rape allegation cover up situation. But they would care about bad mouthing his tag partner Cobb.

While WWE obviously wouldn't really care about bad mouthing Cobb. But they most certainly would have cared about the initial rape allegation cover up situation and beyond.

No idea what ROH would think of either situation however it is well documented Delirious and Elgin really don't get along or get along for long.

Elgin kept digging and digging and digging a bigger hole for himself this week. The week of the #MeToo Movement made Time magazine's 'Person Of The Year.' And when his NJPW contract is up in the air anyway.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Havok's social media situation being unearthed during her NXT tryout was poor timing obviously. But Elgin acutely hosed himself over.

For the sake of making a point, New Japan likely wouldn't have cared about the initial rape allegation cover up situation. But they would care about bad mouthing his tag partner Cobb.

While WWE obviously wouldn't really care about bad mouthing Cobb. But they most certainly would have cared about the initial rape allegation cover up situation and beyond.

No idea what ROH would think of either situation however it is well documented Delirious and Elgin really don't get along or get along for long.

Elgin kept digging and digging and digging a bigger hole for himself this week. The week of the #MeToo Movement made Time magazine's 'Person Of The Year.' And when his NJPW contract is up in the air anyway.

Didn't Delirious and Elgin both come from Gateway Wrestling?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't Delirious and Elgin both come from Gateway Wrestling?

I think you are thinking of Matt Sydal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wise old Joe:

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/905828075933499393

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter

quote:

According to the Twitter of Hiromu Takahashi, Darryl Takahashi Jr., the son of his stuffed animal pet and his stuffed animal pet’s wife Carol, was born on 12/3

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Dave has messed up by not taking timezones into account. That cat was born on December 4th. Shoddy reporting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Elgin's hosed up before, but this one is really comprehensive. This is probably it for Big Mike.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How to ruin your career in one week by Big Mike

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

How to ruin your career in one week by Big Mike

If you consider there might be something to this theory then yeah.

https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/938658805084315648

Also with New Japan expanding to the US next year, they can't operate in ignorance of US social standards anymore. This all came out at the absolute worst possible time.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Elgin works a nice match with Kenny and other than that doesn't do much for me. Give that spot to Cobb and let his perfumed scent run wild in the IC division next year.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Imagine how good at wrestling Elgin will be after THIS meltdown

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I eagerly await a Cobb/Tanahashi tag team based on hair

Goddamn Mike you be dumb. Also gross so don't wrestle for awhile

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Elgin works a nice match with Kenny and other than that doesn't do much for me. Give that spot to Cobb and let his perfumed scent run wild in the IC division next year.

Haha I’m the opposite where I dislike most Kenny Elgin matches but like him with most other guys in NJ.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Imagine how good at wrestling Elgin will be after THIS meltdown

Somebody has to be willing to book him so we can find out before we'll know for sure

Also if you can't have a good match with Omega in NJPW, go ahead and quit the biz now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

All three shows the rest of the tour are going to be full production and live. Block A Finals Friday, Block B on Saturday, Finals on Monday.

World Tag League 2017
December 8th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 BST
Hiroshima Green Arena #2

David Finlay, Henare, and Katsuya Kitamura vs. Bullet Club (G.o.D and Leo Tonga)
War Machine, Jeff Cobb, and Michael Elgin (!) vs. CHAOS (Ishii, YTR, Chuckie T, and Beretta)
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, and Jushin Liger vs. Suzuki-gun (KES and Desperado)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
WTL Block A Match:Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi [2] vs. Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens [6]
WTL Block A Match:TenCozy [4] vs. Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka [6]
WTL Block A Match:Death Juice [6] vs. Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page [8]
WTL Block A Match:Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI [8] vs. EVIL and SANADA [8]

We know that Death Juice is gonna beat Yujiro and Page to force a winner take all match between LIJ and CHAOS, but who is it gonna be?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 7, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No one ever liked Elgin or thought he had great matches often

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I liked Big Mike the same way I like every Good Canadian Boy Lemme Tellya

Dumb nationalist bias is an important part of wrestling

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

big mike was the best in the world until like a week ago

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah, my long post seems to be on the money. WWE/Regal was recently in contact with him before all this per Elgin. Also, the New Japan locker room is treating him like a pariah over the public burial of Cobb.

However, if his New Japan contract doesn't get renewed it wasn't primarily due to the events of this week. He was on the outs anyway and it is why Cobb was contacted by New Japan in the first place.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its a good thing Big Mike's wife is rich.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
I hope that 8-man with Elgin turns into everyone punching Elgin in the peepee.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

its a good thing Big Mike's wife is rich.

I'd take a rain check on mentioning her or making jokey comments. Word to the wise.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Is that a shoot, brother???

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

rovert posted:

I'd take a rain check on mentioning her or making jokey comments. Word to the wise.

He’s married to ex-wrestler Ms Chif, right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

I was being serious but if he's hosed that up too....jesus.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

I was being serious but if he's hosed that up too....jesus.

yes, he was trying to get with the woman who he was victim blaming too if his dms are to be read right.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah this doesn't seem like it's gonna end good for Mike and I suspect his spot at the dome may be in question

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

yes, he was trying to get with the woman who he was victim blaming too if his dms are to be read right.

ah, that must have been in all the parts I ignored because it was just too stupid for my brain to comprehend.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

What are the rules of there's a tie score at the end of the block? Is it the winning team in their head-to-head match?

What if it's a three-way tie, which could technically happen in Block B? (I expect one draw on Saturday at a minimum.)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

iirc in a tie it goes who won the block match between the teams that tied

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pinwiz11 posted:

What are the rules of there's a tie score at the end of the block? Is it the winning team in their head-to-head match?

What if it's a three-way tie, which could technically happen in Block B? (I expect one draw on Saturday at a minimum.)

The correct answer for a three way tie where each team has a win over another team in the tie is that Gedo would never do that.

Unrelatedly, the AXS press release is all about Omega/Jericho so Naito is once again having his Dome thunder stolen.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I guess I missed something, whats going on with Michael Elgin?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SalTheBard posted:

I guess I missed something, whats going on with Michael Elgin?

From what I gather, he gaslighted a woman who was sexually abused by a wrestler he booked for his promotion. She posted screenshots of Elgin's emotional abuse and him poo poo talking Cobb.

He may have peed on someone too? That part I'm hazy on.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've done some maths on the possible outcomes of Block B and it's a mess. Basically every team needs to win their match and hope that the other two teams they beat win their matches or draw so they can advance, except for War Machine/Cobb & Elgin because the two teams they beat are facing each other, so they're relying on the two teams they lost to drawing. There's also some scenarios that result in an unbreakable three way tie because each team beat one other.

I think the most likely scenario is a draw in at least one match so we go into the last block match with three teams in contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the piss is from his appearance on The Kevin Steen Show years ago

him and some wrestlers had a bet that if one of them pissed on a woman they'd win $100 dollars, it's a long story but when he finally gets to the pissing part he basically coerces her into it, and she's telling him to stop the entire time, but he did make sure his roommate was filming it so he got paid

• Locked thread