Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That guy is great tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vine is extinct but thankfully we preserved some of its vin-o DNA

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3keuiWzY-Q

DIscuss.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

Clever girl.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

So that it could be resurrected.

https://twitter.com/dhof/status/938469576052011008

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

It blows.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtdtee_Hevk

#Wargames

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Well "V2" is kinda clever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

#notmyWargames

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kiimo posted:

#notmyWargames

???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBGzu1EloLo

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Her Story was Good Stuff so I'm pretty optimistic about this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

where the gently caress is dabney coleman

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kiimo posted:

where the gently caress is dabney coleman

You have to buy loot boxes to unlock him, Broderick, and WOPR.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rough Lobster posted:

I can't wait to see the extremely r-rated scene where Kovacs fucks the same woman (kind of? maybe) in multiple sleeves at the same time

I'm just happy they even tried to adapt the thing. Looking forward to seeing where they take it.

e: when he's in the female sleeve Kovacs specifically mentions how being a woman is subtly different, like more sensitive to touch etc which comes in "handy" for the torturers.

I'm not familiar with the source of whatever you're talking about, so when you mentioned Kovacs doing this I immediately pictured Rorschach from Watchmen which made everything far more amusing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

God I loving hope so. I miss vine so much.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Hey! I worked on that game! Back when MGM Interactive was still a thing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to have and cherish a shareware CDROM called Waycool that played the "Shall We Play A Game" every time you booted it up. Castle of the Winds is the game I remember most fondly, also CliffyB's lovely Dare to Dream adventure game. And Microman! Fuckin' Microman. Plus a really great Battleship knockoff that had animated pixel art of all the ships getting blown up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Hey! I worked on that game! Back when MGM Interactive was still a thing.

7-year-old me dug the gently caress out of your work when I rented that game.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fine Bros making movies now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1XY8LVEJHU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Hack

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I spent most of that trailer wondering who the tighty whitey kid was because I couldn't place it at all, and it's the main kid from Super 8. And now I feel bad because I thought he and the rest of that cast was quite good. I don't think any of them besides the one with the braces ever did anything.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Cythereal posted:

I'm not familiar with the source of whatever you're talking about, so when you mentioned Kovacs doing this I immediately pictured Rorschach from Watchmen which made everything far more amusing.

Altered Carbon is an extremely good far future cyberpunk detective revenge story. The Kovacs mentioned is Takeshi Kovacs who is a body swapping ex-special forces mercenary type. I think he'd get along pretty well with Rorschach Kovacs, personally.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I spent most of that trailer wondering who the tighty whitey kid was because I couldn't place it at all, and it's the main kid from Super 8. And now I feel bad because I thought he and the rest of that cast was quite good. I don't think any of them besides the one with the braces ever did anything.

The redhead cheerleader is Cheryl Blossom from Riverdale.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

BonoMan posted:

Well "V2" is kinda clever.

Damnit, the Nazi's have already taken over this, too?!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Ladies and gentlemen, the Den of thieves saga has come to an end. We were so close to Bad Justice, there was a small side step to Know your enemy, but a decision has been made. I proudly present:

Insert obligatory "What are we? Some kind of..." - joke here. It's the French title as well! Please note that we've used another font and another colour, bringing this closer to a C-movie than it's ever been.

Moving onto 12 Strong now. We'll call that one Operation: 12 Strong. I'm not joking, we're back in the 90ies...

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Are your bosses just huge trolls? What do they think is accomplished by changing those names?

Also why is there a colon after Operation? Isn't that supposed to be the name of the operation or is the movie called operation and the subtitle is 12 strong? Should have just called it Horse Soldiers. I doubt German audiences are that interested in another generic murrica war movie.

Eezee fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 7, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AlexF posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, the Den of thieves saga has come to an end. We were so close to Bad Justice, there was a small side step to Know your enemy, but a decision has been made. I proudly present:

Insert obligatory "What are we? Some kind of..." - joke here. It's the French title as well! Please note that we've used another font and another colour, bringing this closer to a C-movie than it's ever been.

Moving onto 12 Strong now. We'll call that one Operation: 12 Strong. I'm not joking, we're back in the 90ies...

And I thought bike shedding was a loving problem in IT. I bow to the masters.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The title Criminal Squad made me wonder what Gangster Squad (2013, Ryan Gosling) was called in Germany. Turns out the title is actually unchanged. It must have fit right into the comfort zone of English titles for a foreign market.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Germans love squads!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Eezee posted:

Are your bosses just huge trolls?

Also why is there a colon after Operation?

The last couple of weeks felt like a parody of working. Constantly wondering if we're secretly being filmed.

There is, yes. I don't know why, but I'm making sure to include it in every little piece of conversation about the movie. Question: Do you think operation is pronounced English or German in this case? And is it "twelve" or "zwölf"?

Proteus Jones posted:

...bike shedding...

That's a term I didn't know and holy poo poo does it fit perfectly onto what's been happening around here for the last year. It's the missing puzzle piece in explaining what's wrong.

Mierenneuker posted:

The title Criminal Squad made me wonder what Gangster Squad (2013, Ryan Gosling) was called in Germany. Turns out the title is actually unchanged. It must have fit right into the comfort zone of English titles for a foreign market.

Yeah, I think that title played a huge part on this decision. It bombed here, though, so it doesn't make too much sense either way.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Saw this on tumblr, thought of this thread

Originally titled Touch and Go (1980)

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Elle Fanning's doing pretty well for herself.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I forgot that was her in that.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

She's part of the only really good part of that movie: the love story. "In the late 1970s Midwest, a budding junior high school filmmaker falls head over heels for the daughter of the man who accidentally killed his mother" on its own is a much better movie than "that first bit, but also an alien escapes a train wreck and starts stealing people because... it's lonely?".

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Since when did Ice Cube go from being called Ice Cube to O'Shea Jackson?

Even 50's doing Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Since when did Ice Cube go from being called Ice Cube to O'Shea Jackson?

Even 50's doing Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.
Thats his kid.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cage posted:

Thats his kid.
I thought that was O'Shea Jackson Jr. :confused:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I thought that was O'Shea Jackson Jr. :confused:
They didnt put Jr or Sr on the poster, but if you look at the poster thats clearly his son.

Cage fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 7, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I forgot that was her in that.

Hah same. It's been a while since I've seen it.

She did deserve the breakout the most though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Deserve my rear end, that's just nepotism. She is a good actress tho.

• Locked thread