Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
God drat the map loving sucks in this game. Flipping between the radar map and whole screen map is terrible and it's really hard to get an idea of where things are without a usable map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Who was the idiot who decided not to program in a "standing in poison is bad" clause into the AI

Fighting near hazards is torture

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This game definitely could have used a few more months of polish.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lessail posted:

The Agate side quest sucks

Field skills were a mistake
Have you done the Azami one? It has a Botany 7 check. Azami can't get more than Botany 1 on her own without doing the quest. I managed it with Dromarch + Azami + 5 rando commons with Botany 1 but what the hell devs :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fusion Combos are just a bonus for doing a special while break/topple/launch is applied, or vice versa. If it's a high enough stage of either you get a bonus like damage up or elemental statuses lasting longer.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is the chest with the guaranteed legendary core crystal in Olethro Ruins the one that requires lockpicking 3?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Beast Core that you get early in chapter 3, is the blade attached to it random, or is it something that everyone gets? And if so, what is it?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

All named cores pop a specific Blade, I believe an earth ATK in that case.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

mabels big day posted:

The Beast Core that you get early in chapter 3, is the blade attached to it random, or is it something that everyone gets? And if so, what is it?

Wulfric the scary buff hellbug monster

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

mabels big day posted:

This game could have used a lot of things. Cripes, I never thought I'd miss Xenoblade 1 as much as this game is making me miss it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

mabels big day posted:

They have DLC planned all the way into October, hopefully some of these issues will be patched along the way.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Wulfric the scary buff hellbug monster

should I save him for Zeke or give him to rex or Nia

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Louisgod posted:

God drat the map loving sucks in this game. Flipping between the radar map and whole screen map is terrible and it's really hard to get an idea of where things are without a usable map.

its sole purpose is to make you get to a loving dead end and look around and realize whoops, you have to zigzag up some other passage and then go right and then go left and goddamnit. Getting to the main fishmonster town was loving infuriating.

mabels big day posted:

I feel like none of his skills will be good for Nia, put him on Rex because if you play mainly as Rex the stuff Wulfric has gels well with manual combat over an AI using it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Love to be killed in one hit to side quest monsters I'm nearly ten levels above

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Night Blade posted:

This game could have used a lot of things. Cripes, I never thought I'd miss Xenoblade 1 as much as this game is making me miss it.

Really? Because I don't miss the godforsaken area affinity system, or the 10x too many sidequests, or the skill trees being locked behind said sidequests which are locked behind the affinity system, or the awful gem crafting.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Does anyone know how to unlock Dagas lvl 4 affinity?

The one time I would have gladly bought a nice strategy guide and there isn't one. I want to be efficient with leveling up blades and it's super annoying when it's a ??? and not trust and I don't want to waste trust/experience keeping a blade in a party that doesn't need it or needs something else to unlock affinity :argh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock Dagas lvl 4 affinity?

The one time I would have gladly bought a nice strategy guide and there isn't one. I want to be efficient with leveling up blades and it's super annoying when it's a ??? and not trust and I don't want to waste trust/experience keeping a blade in a party that doesn't need it or needs something else to unlock affinity :argh:

A ??? Means you havent unlocked the area or game mechanic needed to progress it, and once you have itll update to the requirement. Just keep going in the story.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Barudak posted:

A ??? Means you havent unlocked the area or game mechanic needed to progress it, and once you have itll update to the requirement. Just keep going in the story.

To elaborate, it's usually things like "Kill X of Y monster" where the monster doesn't exist in any area you have unlocked, or "Complete X sidequest" where the area/requirements aren't met yet. If it's a trust value, it'll be shown as something other than ????

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also literally every Blade needs trust to unlock something, and it accumulates even if they're locked at a level without anything requiring it. Even Boreas with his gimmick of 'food unlocks everything' has his final field passive locked behind a 9,800 trust gate.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Raxivace posted:

If you mean the very beginning of the chapter, you wanna head north of Traveler's Resting Tree a bit, past some monkeys that should be around your level (Maybe 11-15ish, and not like 40 or whatever), and then eventually you'll find the Greatspine Boundary area and it should be pretty straightforward from there.

Thanks, I'll give this a go later. I am just completely stumped because it feels like I've ran across the whole zone by now without finding the Greatspine Boundary

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Dirk the Average posted:

I do want to say (Chapter 4) that holy poo poo was the whole abandoned factory badly designed. First, they give me Mythra instead of Pyra and tell me that she's dogshit underground (and oh boy are they correct), and then send me on an entirely underground/indoor mission! I was more or less begging for the game to give me Pyra back because my combos were all built around the fire element instead of the light element, so not only was I saddled with a blade whose level 3 combo barely broke 10k due to being indoors (I assume?), but I could only combo Mythra with Mythra. As soon as I got Pyra back, those same 10k combos were hitting for around 40k or so and absolutely annihilating groups of enemies.

So what am I missing with Mythra? Once she's available as a party member, Pyra just seems better to me in every way. It probably has to do with Pyra's affinity chart being almost maxed out while Mythra's is still ranked low, as well as poorly optimized chips and aux cores (I actually didn't realize that the aux cores/chips weren't shared until after Chapter 4).

I also don't know why at the end of the abandoned factory when the Torna people were escaping, that Mythra didn't just orbital ion cannon the boat as soon as it hit the ocean. Surely that would make the threat from Jin a lot lower since his lackeys would lose their main mode of transportation?

When you have gold affinity, Mythra's Foresight passive gives your entire party a huge boost to evasion.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

mabels big day posted:

I gave him to Nia just for the extra firepower when a boss battle is going well and no one needs healing

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

Thanks, I'll give this a go later. I am just completely stumped because it feels like I've ran across the whole zone by now without finding the Greatspine Boundary
I had the exact same problem for a while and it really drove me up the wall. Best of luck.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mabels big day posted:

I gave him to Rex because Earth elemental can be useful for some combos but it's totally justifiable to do other stuff.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

When you have gold affinity, Mythra's Foresight passive gives your entire party a huge boost to evasion.

Do you need to keep her out or can you change blades after getting the gold affinity and still have it?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I gave him to Rex because Earth elemental can be useful for some combos but it's totally justifiable to do other stuff.

Honestly he's most useful for anyone you put in a group with Tora since Earth and Fire can combo off each other so well and Tora can build gauge quickly.

I use him on Rex, but I also don't use Zeke because Pandoria's skillset kind of sucks to control.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Andrast posted:

Do you need to keep her out or can you change blades after getting the gold affinity and still have it?

I assume she has to be active. Which isn't a problem for me because coupled with pouch items that makes arts recharge more quickly, she's kind of a beast since she can straight up pull a combo by herself.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Stupid question. From the OP:

quote:

Landing an auto attack builds up a tiny bit of Meter on all 3 arts, and also the Special Art. When an Art's meter is full, you can cast it. Casting an art in the middle of an attack animation will award a larger amount a larger amount of meter than the auto-attack normally would (this is known in-game as “cancelling an auto-attack”). Casting it during the 'final' attack of the animation cycle will award even more meter again.

Is there any reason to cast an art in the middle of a combo (cancelling an auto-attack)? Also, if I cast an art during say, step 1 or 2 of a combo, but time it with the animation, does this grant you extra art meter or does this only apply if you time it to the third step of a combo?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I was watching someone stream this game and i have a question about the hot springs scene.

Does the catgirl have a dick?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

CJ posted:

I was watching someone stream this game and i have a question about the hot springs scene.

Why do I see this question posted more than any other? :v: No she does not, the comment is about something else.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CJ posted:

No.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

CJ posted:

Only in my doujin.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Secx posted:

Is there any reason to cast an art in the middle of a combo (cancelling an auto-attack)? Also, if I cast an art during say, step 1 or 2 of a combo, but time it with the animation, does this grant you extra art meter or does this only apply if you time it to the third step of a combo?

I'm only partway through chapter 3, but there are a few arts that grant evasion for the duration of the animation, so you might want to hang onto that until a boss uses a hard-hitting attack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJ posted:

Unfortunately not

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fallout 4 is so shallow it makes Skyrim look like the Mariana Trench.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
It is kind of amazing how hard people are missing what that scene is about. Like its blindingly obvious.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Rainuwastaken posted:

Why do I see this question posted more than any other? :v: No she does not, the comment is about something else.

Gibbering posted:

Only in my doujin.

Sakurazuka posted:

Unfortunately not

So she's yet another blade then?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Secx posted:

Stupid question. From the OP:

Yes, you just get the most off of third attack. You do it on the 1st or 2nd if that will get you to a Special needed before the meter runs out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm in chapter 5 now and last night I had to stop playing in frustration thanks to a certain boss fight. Zeke is a huge jerk. I can understand Morag sitting out of the fight but I cannot for the life of me understand why the game restricts me to two characters when I still have Rex, Tora, and Nia available. I also hate how attacks hit you even when you've completely moved around and out of the way of their animation in this. In the first game, if you moved away from a bigass attack, most of the time it whiffed, but in this one I was behind Zeke and almost halfway across the arena from him and his lightning laser still magically hit Rex and killed me from full health.

Any helpful advice here? The only thing I can think of is going with a different blade setup but I've been trying to hold off on cracking more cores until I get the last party member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm in chapter 5 now and last night I had to stop playing in frustration thanks to a certain boss fight. Zeke is a huge jerk. I can understand Morag sitting out of the fight but I cannot for the life of me understand why the game restricts me to two characters when I still have Rex, Tora, and Nia available. I also hate how attacks hit you even when you've completely moved around and out of the way of their animation in this. In the first game, if you moved away from a bigass attack, most of the time it whiffed, but in this one I was behind Zeke and almost halfway across the arena from him and his lightning laser still magically hit Rex and killed me from full health.

Any helpful advice here? The only thing I can think of is going with a different blade setup but I've been trying to hold off on cracking more cores until I get the last party member.

You aren’t limited to two characters for that fight?