Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know it won't happen but god how I wish that Robbie would come back and end up in Simmons' place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is Iain De Caestecker shooting a movie or something?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

zoux posted:

Yeah. Not clear on when he'll be back exactly.

Definitely by episode five, which will be the Fitz equivalent of that one where Gemma gets stuck in space. Just him for an entire hour, basically. Uh, with other characters, just no regulars.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

zoux posted:

Some war movie called Overlord.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah. Not clear on when he'll be back exactly.

Yay! I can't believe our boy Fitz is finally going to be in Marvel's new film, "Avengers: Infinity War"! He deserves it!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Argue posted:

Yay! I can't believe our boy Fitz is finally going to be in Marvel's new film, "Avengers: Infinity War"! He deserves it!
Well if the rest of SHIELD is stuck in the future, he's the only possible candidate!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Some war movie called Overlord.

A JJ Abrams zombie war movie (maybe not zombies but some kind of Hydra....I mean Nazi supernatural shenanigans).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Disney buying Fox is back on the table.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like if they were the SHIELD base, they would have recognized it instantly, at least Mack would have.

He did notice that a lot of the stuff was re-purposed. I'm guessing over that amount of time it may have changed a little.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

GigaPeon posted:

So they’re pulling a Heroes: Season 1. Hope it ends better than that did.

Except in Heroes we never get to see the exciting Dark Future beyond that one episode, it was all a dumb tease for something they were never actually going to do, like everything else in that loving series. Hey, it's Hiro from the future and he's dressed like Neo! Pretty cool, huh? Well, you'll never see him again. Enjoy the show!

AOS has not sunk to those kind of low shenanigans yet, hopefully it never will.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

OB_Juan posted:

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

I thought this too. I flinched when she used that same leg to jump kick a dude like an hour later.

If the lighthouse is the old shield base, I'm guessing it's been expanded to added to a great deal. They'll probably recognize it when they have to go back to the oldest part of the base at some point.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, I'm gonna jump on the The Lighthouse Is The Old S.H.I.E.L.D. Base train. The name is what does it for me. Two bases back was The Playground. They had to leave that one because Ward. I don't remember what the last base was called, just that Peggy Carter was involved in it, as it had the old S.S.R. logo in some places, and I seem to remember Coulson namedropping her...

It's exactly the kind of thing this show would do, too.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Was there any resolution yet to all the chatter about "these systems seem repurposed"/"this isn't what this was meant to do"/"this seems familiar"? If not, I'd say that leans pretty heavily towards the old base coming back into play. Of course, last we saw it, the base had been utterly destroyed to kill all the LMD versions of the main cast, before they went into the Framework.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Klungar posted:

Was there any resolution yet to all the chatter about "these systems seem repurposed"/"this isn't what this was meant to do"/"this seems familiar"? If not, I'd say that leans pretty heavily towards the old base coming back into play. Of course, last we saw it, the base had been utterly destroyed to kill all the LMD versions of the main cast, before they went into the Framework.

That was just more forshadowing of it being the future, which we all knew by that point.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Klungar posted:

The fact that it was built as an underground bunker and not a space station. Not sure how it survived in space at first to be honest, but I'm sure it will come out eventually.

Just like Nadeer's brother.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

Just like Nadeer's brother Graviton.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That is what they said, but The Lighthouse has a ton of windows for an underground bunker.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

What about an underwater bunker? Would better explain the windows on top of it having any kind of spaceworthiness at all. Plus the apparent masses of water processing and air recycling equipment. (an underground bunker would normally just have surface air scrubbers and a filtered municipal supply with a few backup tanks)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Phylodox posted:

From what I can see, Accusers don’t have hyphenated names. Ronan. Hala. Huran.

I thinks part of taking public office? The -Vell part of Mar-Vell is a family name, he had two kids Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell. Like if you take public office and work towards the good of the Kree race you put aside your family name.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OB_Juan posted:

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

For you, getting a piece of pipe through the leg is a debilitating injury that would take years to fully recover.

For May, it's Friday.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
The repurposed part probably also has to do with the Kree hijacking it and making themselves admins, keeping track of metrics and probably rearranging systems to do things like dispense crappy food to the Lighthouse automatically and such.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Speaking of, that kibble was definitely pellet cat-litter, right?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

We'll find out. We'll see Robbie again.

Or the Ghost Rider, at least, if Gabriel Luna isn't available.

Paging Nick Cage to the show. Nick Cage, to the show.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

You sonuvabitch I forgot about that and kept expecting a payoff when Daisy first got her powers

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This framework bar is a repurposed Paddy's Pub, right? The layout is very familiar.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Time for antitrust to kick in and do it's job.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

R-Type posted:

Riiiiight, because antitrust regulations are a huge area of concern for the Trump administration.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Riiiiight, because antitrust regulations are a huge area of concern for the Trump administration.

They are when cnn is involved at least

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

howe_sam posted:

They are when cnn is involved at least

To be fair though, literally ONLY when CNN is involved.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

Paging Nick Cage to the show. Nick Cage, to the show.

A Johnny Blaze who is free of the curse but still dragged into shenanigans is my favorite Johnny Blaze. I started reading when Danny Ketch was the Rider.

Whoever is currently "the guy" when you read a character's book for the first time is "the real one" in your headcannon. I dunno who this Hal Jordan is* and why he keeps stealing Kyle Rainer's thunder, or who this Barry Allen guy is* that keeps stealing Wally West's schtick, etc.

Characters like Robbie, Jane Foster being Thor, X-23 taking over for Wolverine, etc. stand on their own as being different enough to me so that I don't really mind... or I may just be a Marvel lifer with a passing interest in DC.

R-Type posted:

If they were forced to split off the Marvel and Star Wars stuff and leave it at Netflix while they did their thing with their streaming service wth the traditionally "Disney" stuff that would be okay with me. I mean, if they're doing stuff like Deadpool and Old Man Logan, maybe they need a little separation from the core Disney Brand.

That would be a pleasant surprise.

*I know who these dudes are, but they weren't "the guy" when I started reading, they were "the guy" when the current editorial team started reading...

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I mean, if they're doing stuff like Deadpool and Old Man Logan,

Unlikely.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They like money though, right?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

How much do you think a PG-13 Deadpool would make?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moriatti posted:

How much do you think a PG-13 Deadpool would make?

Why do people think this would happen? Disney owns plenty of R rated IPs.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Yeah but they tend to be a different fair. Disney strikes me as particularly risk adverse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moriatti posted:

Yeah but they tend to be a different fair. Disney strikes me as particularly risk adverse.

Yeah they won't mess with a proven success like Deadpool. And DP is already Marvel branded in it's opening, people need to stop assuming they'll scuttle the whole thing.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Hmm maybe. Guess it doesn't matter too much for me, since Deadpool without Cable or Cap is meh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It works fine when they put him in animated cameo situations. Deadpool's been in episodes of Spiderman, Punisher had that Archie comic adventure and he was disturbed in a PG way in some weird tiny animated show too so I mean, nothing's really off the table.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney is a bit of a wildcard, but not too wild, it all sounds like very calculated risks that do tend to the conservative side. They'll gladly take a light risk and allow someone to do something wacky and out of the ordinary, but the safest bet is always that they'll trend towards something lighter.

With that said Disney has a history of greenlighting things that are far, far darker than the competitors with a lot more frequency than other animated movie studios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
https://news.marvel.com/tv/81626/marvel-to-launch-new-animation-franchise-marvel-rising/

Hmm.

• Locked thread