Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Meme Emulator posted:

Its one of the few bright spots in the doldrums of PS3/360 era gaming. The worst 8 years for video games ever.

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

modern gaming is actually kinda good

saying gen 7 was trash is an unpopular opinion (because it's wrong)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cant wait to play my yearly assassins creed installment. Lets play more games with batman walking down long corridors extremely slowly having a stupid rear end borign convorsation. Lets get more brown tinted games. Love the PS3 era.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

hamtaro posted:

modern gaming is actually kinda good

Yea gamings back with a bullet baby - PS4 gen has been killin it

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My dark souls experience was clearing the tutorial, smacking the rude npc knight in the face, and the. Getting more or less instantly killed because I wasn't good at the game yet. It was pretty funny.

I then spawned next to the guy and proceeded to discover that he doesn't stop being hostile after he kills you and got spawn camped.

I haven't touched it since.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

FoolyCharged posted:

My dark souls experience was clearing the tutorial, smacking the rude npc knight in the face, and the. Getting more or less instantly killed because I wasn't good at the game yet. It was pretty funny.

I then spawned next to the guy and proceeded to discover that he doesn't stop being hostile after he kills you and got spawn camped.

Lol, this is the quintessential dark souls experience.

Card based videogames are garbage. Go outside you nerd.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FoolyCharged posted:

Everything thing about this, including you quitting the game because of it, is good.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Difference in control is the only meaningful distinction between console and PC when talking about how games play and since PC gets kb/m then console gets controller.

except the meaningful distinction only goes one way because you can use literally the same gamepad to play the same game on a pc

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

poverty goat posted:

except the meaningful distinction only goes one way because you can use literally the same gamepad to play the same game on a pc

Only on Xbone, the drat dual shock 4 still doesnt plug and play into PC without downloading 3rd party programs and drivers and even when you do it you get xbone prompts which i hate. Ive never owned a microsoft console so I dont have the buttons assigned to muscle memory and I keep failing QTEs because I dont know which button is B.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Its annoying enough that im considering buying a xbox controller just to use as a dedicated PC gamepad. At least then I can look down and see which button is B

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DogonCrook posted:

Nah what you said was "oh i see the problem. i dont play bad games". And lol i dont have a tribe im not a nerd. Hers the thing, most people have both and think anyone who argues over this stuff is a miserable dreg. Im just loling yall would make poo poo up to support your worthless console wars arguments.

Guess what, you've argued about this for several posts now so welcome to the misreable dreg clubhouse buddy. I haven't made up anything. Keep trying to pretend you're above all this though.

Meme Emulator posted:

Its annoying enough that im considering buying a xbox controller just to use as a dedicated PC gamepad. At least then I can look down and see which button is B

There's no reason not to have a controller for PC gaming. Trying to play driving/racing games or most flying games with a kb/m sucks

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 7, 2017

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Away all Goats posted:

There's no reason not to have a controller for PC gaming. Trying to play driving/racing games or most flying games with a kb/m sucks

No I mean, I have a dual shock 4 that I use but the button prompts not matching is annoying enough to make me consider buying a controller for a console I dont even own

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't know if Dark SOuls is truly terrible, but the way the dregs of humanity have latched upon it makes it pretty much taboo in civilized circles.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Meme Emulator posted:

No I mean, I have a dual shock 4 that I use but the button prompts not matching is annoying enough to make me consider buying a controller for a console I dont even own

Oh woops. Yeah that'd be annoying af. I can't even use my WiiU controller cause it thinks its a xbox controller but all the buttons are inverted

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

steinrokkan posted:

I don't know if Dark SOuls is truly terrible, but the way the dregs of humanity have latched upon it makes it pretty much taboo in civilized circles.

Awesome uneducated opinion. Do you care to tell us more about anything else you dont know poo poo about?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Oh woops. Yeah that'd be annoying af. I can't even use my WiiU controller cause it thinks its a xbox controller but all the buttons are inverted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvpi0SaqmE

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dark souls is really well put together. In fact it's so well crafted it gets kind of boring seeing it run after the 2nd or 3rd time. There's not a lot of jank or really interesting broken stuff in it which means it's a solid product. But at the same time I feel like there's nothing deeper to explore.

It's like bagging a really hot chick that makes more money than you and loves in you every way but won't do anal.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

a lot of chicks wont do anal :(

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Meme Emulator posted:

you know you can just edit the texture files right?

someone's probably already made an edited one you just drag and drop

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Magius1337est posted:

you know you can just edit the texture files right?

someone's probably already made an edited one you just drag and drop

Im too lazy.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Best video game?

https://i.imgur.com/gNg6tIt.mp4

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Awesome uneducated opinion. Do you care to tell us more about anything else you dont know poo poo about?

please respect bad opinions in the bad opinion thread

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Meme Emulator posted:

What should I know about Dark Souls other than the games look drab and tedious and attract obsessive weirdos? I'm currently enrolled in an associate!s degree program in Dark Soul Studies at a community college, so excuse my gaps in education.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 7, 2017

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

steinrokkan posted:

What should I know about Dark Souls other than the games look drab and tedious and attract obsessive weirdos?

Its bad form to straight up say youve never played whatever youre talkin about

Like Ive never played a single assassins creed game but Ill never say that when im talkin poo poo about them

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I have. Let’s talk some poo poo.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

people getting really defensive about their video game machines of choice and video games they like itt

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Meme Emulator posted:

Its bad form to straight up say youve never played whatever youre talkin about

Like Ive never played a single assassins creed game but Ill never say that when im talkin poo poo about them

I said outright I didn't know if the game was bad, but that the fandom was offputting, lol

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I played AC1 but got immediately mad and bored when it penalized me for cutting the throats of random villagers with my gauntlet knife-thing. I never played it again.

That's my AC story, god bless

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

every post meme emulator makes is slightly more embarrassing than the last

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

steinrokkan posted:

I said outright I didn't know if the game was bad, but that the fandom was offputting, lol

Oh I am just rapid fire posting so I didnt really read it that closely

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

brugroffil posted:

people getting really defensive about their video game machines of choice and video games they like itt

its me. im the guy that reads the unpopular videogame opinion thread and gets mad by reading unpopular opinions

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Meme Emulator posted:

Im too lazy.

and a console gamer, makes sense

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Dark Souls is a good series" and the "the Dark Souls community is loving terrible" are both true statements hth.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

tetris 2 loving owned

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

tetris gameboy and tetris 64 is the only games i will accept as canonical to the tetris cinematic universe

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

steinrokkan posted:

Its potentially spoiling your own fun to be put off something just because it has obnoxious fans

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Only on Xbone, the drat dual shock 4 still doesnt plug and play into PC without downloading 3rd party programs and drivers and even when you do it you get xbone prompts which i hate. Ive never owned a microsoft console so I dont have the buttons assigned to muscle memory and I keep failing QTEs because I dont know which button is B.

shut the gently caress up you retard

80% of why a PC is better is that you can install whatever software you want, including third party software that enables you to use your gamepad of choice

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
That said, I'm terrible at Bloodborne and only completed the game and DLC because I kept grinding until my high level was able to compensate for my mistakes, and I never really bothered posting about the gameplay anywhere because I assumed it would spark a load of Git Gudding. Hey here's an unpopular opinion, Ludwig is NOT easy and beating him in one go makes you an insane freak of nature

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

People are annoyingly passionate abut Dark Souls because it's really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Apparently Dark Souls 3 had a massive cheating issue on PC too: https://kotaku.com/dark-souls-3-pc-has-a-massive-cheating-problem-1773660707

So are we still going to gaslight about the amount of hacking and cheating on the PC platform?

Nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to the current state of Grand Theft Auto: Online. The cheating is more rampant and frequent there than it was in Diablo 1 when they started selling cheats in the loving Wal-Mart. On PC it's a sometimes unplayable experience where every single server has at minimum a single cheater.

Worst part is they are boring cheats and everyone does the same 5 things rather than having any creativity like they did when the game came out. No more raining dogs or ferris wheel rides of doom, now it's all "Teleport everyone to one point, blow them. Put them in a cage. Drop money on them. Maybe make them drop their ammo, crash their game or gently caress their displayed level if they're feeling mean." I'm not kidding you can't go a single server without this poo poo happening. It makes me sometimes consider paying to transfer my character to PS4 just to get away from this poo poo, since modders exist but are WAYYYYYYY less common there.

The problem of course is peer to peer servers. Aim bots and wallhacks are all we had to deal with in games before companies decided to cheap out and go P2P with no oversight. That's how you get situations where "Whatever I type into my console is law, even if I'm loving with the stats of other characters" is true.