Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jones is doing a great job.

Let's hope it doesn't end up with a wet fart like it did with Ossoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

empty whippet box posted:

I live about 40 minutes from Jackson. Maybe I should go to this. Also maybe I shouldn't.

Somebody has to show up and call him a racist mother fucker that has no business being there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

A Good Start

I wonder what's sparking the slide?

The tax bill being blatantly targeted at the rich. Not even Republicans are buying it and a lot don't like it: Trump ran on increasing taxes on the rich, not cutting them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

evilweasel posted:

He's also showing real erosion in Republican support - went from 84% to 76% which is pretty loving bad for a sitting President from his own party.

And how many Republicans are starting to identify as Independents instead?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/938883334645698560

starting to really think that most of the republican leadership knows that there's a big sexual harassment article in the works on some key republican senator

I can't decide who I'd want it to be. My immediate wish is Ted Cruz but there's no way in hell he would actually resign.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

starting to really think that most of the republican leadership knows that there's a big sexual harassment article in the works on some key republican senator

https://i.imgur.com/bJBGOgT.mp4

(incidentally I thought this was malkovich when I first saw it)

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/938879367341658112
https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/938873044101222400
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/938845708723073025

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/pewresearch/status/938883569786769408

neat breakdown, but who the gently caress are the 3% liberal democratic trump supporters?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

There is something to be said for plausible deniability, but these people are so staggeringly dumb I’m not prepared to give them the benefit of a doubt.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

neat breakdown, but who the gently caress are the 3% liberal democratic trump supporters?

Accelerationists or margin of error.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Expecting republicans to resign because democrats did seems just like more of that good old fashioned political capital that we're still waiting to get paid back on a never will.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I kind of like this in your face Doug Jones.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Roosevelt Democrats. They're old, they're populist and they're racist as gently caress.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

https://twitter.com/brendohare/status/806624078010470407?s=17

I think the point of Jones flyer was not pointing out the obvious to black people, but demonstrating that he knows the obvious in a state where not a lot of white people do.

The professional brilliance of attacking one of the largest and least-damaged world powers during WW2.

Even if Japan would've been winning in the Pacific they'd still have to eventually contend with the world's first nuclear power and a US that's losing to Japan would've used more than 2 nukes.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is an evangelical and southern, so he is delusional as gently caress. sad thing is he probably believes it.

Most old white southerns believe it. Few actually say it publicly and usually aren't running for office when they do.

This might be the best Onion headline I've ever seen.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/938883334645698560

Good. Expose all of this vile poo poo to light.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

evilweasel posted:

Jill Stein and her idiot supporters.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

A Good Start

he came back from his asia trip and is in the news again

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rigel posted:

Gov. Dayton is reportedly going to choose his LG, Tina Smith

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/938882840187559936

Excellent choice I think.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Furthermore, did this motherfucker just all lives matter the opening of a civil rights museum?

Yup

jesus christ

Also if any of you have not read the graphic novels about John Lewis, they are incredible.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The fact that basically no Republicans used the opportunity to criticize Franken says a lot. They do not want to open that book.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

evilweasel posted:

You mean the fabled Bernie Bros? :can:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

Even if Japan would've been winning in the Pacific they'd still have to eventually contend with the world's first nuclear power and a US that's losing to Japan would've used more than 2 nukes.

Japan's basic strategy was to win hard, get a perimeter, then sue for peace once America got tired of trying to beat it down (though they didn't ever really have all that realistic a plan beyond the initial conquests or why America would get bored). They weren't ever planning on, like, conquering the United States.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fact that basically no Republicans used the opportunity to criticize Franken says a lot. They do not want to open that book.

Larry Craig gonna look like Mike pence.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Prediction: he will not release the results, instead issuing a statement that he is 'healthier than ever, and more so than his predecessors"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mdemone posted:

I can't decide who I'd want it to be. My immediate wish is Ted Cruz but there's no way in hell he would actually resign.

The Republican senators from CO/MT/PA, preferably, as all three have Democratic governors. I'd say NC but I know they have a "must be from the same party" law.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mdemone posted:

In no order:

Cory Gardner (CO)
Steve Daines (MT)
Richard Burr (NC)
Thom Tillis (NC)

Pat Toomey (PA)

all are GOP Senators from a state with a Dem governor

Removed NC as they must be from the same party, although I suppose the Governor of NC can find a "Republican" who very surprisingly caucuses with the Dems.

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 7, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
WOW that 17% drop by White Evangelicals

No idea what's causing that. He hasn't done anything that I think directly impacts that, except for things he was already doing last year. Maybe it's just that they're actually hearing about him now that there's less Hillary white noise.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

publishko posted:

Prediction: he will not release the results, instead issuing a statement that he is 'healthier than ever, and more so than his predecessors"

healthiest president in American history, much healthier than, say, Teddy Roosevelt, who used up all his lifetime energy so early with all that "exercise" and "badassery"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
SHS is definitely an alcoholic

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This wasn't expected outside of DC, but apparently withing congress there have been rumors for years about inappropriate behavior which I'm guessing are about to come out.

https://twitter.com/bridgetbhc/status/938886482584104961

edit: AZ-08 has a PVI of R+13, so it is winnable in a big wave with a good candidate.

Rigel fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 7, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Or maybe they know that some poo poo's a-comin' and they don't want to have immediate proof of their hypocrisy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it me, or does she have PTSD eyes?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

axeil posted:

In no order:

Cory Gardner (CO)
Steve Daines (MT)
Richard Burr (NC)
Thom Tillis (NC)
Pat Toomey (PA)

all are GOP Senators from a state with a Dem governor

Doesn't matter for NC - the governor gets to appoint, but he must appoint someone from the same party as the resigning Senator. Cooper would simply appoint the least-bad Republican he could find.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

A Good Start

I walked into work today and a guy from another company who I talk to and is pretty pro-trump said something along the lines of, "your favorite guy is screwing things up in the middle East, it looks like."

We went on talking a bit and not only did he question why Trump would stick his dick in that particular hornet's nest, but then went on to agree that Trump frequently does and says things literally just divide people and cause them to argue and take sides.

It's probably the first time I've seen him break from his support. I think things have gone from "pissing off libs lol" to "oh poo poo, he's doing actual damage."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

WOW that 17% drop by White Evangelicals

No idea what's causing that. He hasn't done anything that I think directly impacts that, except for things he was already doing last year. Maybe it's just that they're actually hearing about him now that there's less Hillary white noise.

Especially since I'm pretty sure fewer Americans and even Christians specifically are identifying as "Evangelical" than ever, for rather obvious reasons.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rigel posted:

This wasn't expected outside of DC, but apparently withing congress there have been rumors for years about inappropriate behavior which I'm guessing are about to come out.

https://twitter.com/bridgetbhc/status/938886482584104961

Ole one trick abortion pony!? Not you!!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Kind of appropriate for Roy Moore to be followed by a trail of literal horse poo poo on election day

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mdemone posted:

impossible: all his sexual assault victims dissolved

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mdemone posted:

"Ted Cruz put his pseudopod around my waist and whispered that I would be a wonderful host for his glistening eggs"

impossible: all his sexual assault victims dissolved

:argh:

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

And when rich slave owners could rape the black women they owned with impunity. Probably young ones too, Moore likes them that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

A Good Start

Doing supposedly nice things for Jewish people, Tax Cuts being very bad, Republican congressmen not giving a poo poo to hide it even more, people not really saying Merry Christmas as much as Trump promised, more Russia Scandal, more sex scandals, general holiday blues. Take your pick.

• Locked thread