Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Wait, "Ghost Spider?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IronSaber posted:

Wait, "Ghost Spider?"

They probably did need to come up with an actual name for the character.

I could just be forgetting forget what other characters call her in her own series.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

AnonSpore posted:

Is it just me or does the formatting of that article make it incredibly hard to read

it was the mobile web
https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/marvel-rising
amphtml is the problem

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dexo posted:

I could just be forgetting forget what other characters call her in her own series.
It's technically Spider Woman. But frankly that name is kind of overused.
In fact, there are about 40 different spider themed heroes and villains. The names are sorta running thin.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

IronSaber posted:

Wait, "Ghost Spider?"

there are currently FIVE people who have used Spider-Woman for an extended period of time, and the longer that Gwen is gonna be treated by a big deal the more she needs to be set apart from Jessica.

It also doesn't come with any unfortunate implications like how every cartoon and ancillary media project tries to find some way of calling Miles Morales anything BUT Spider-Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dexo posted:

I think it would be hilarious if she was just called Spider Gwen and there was just no acknowledgement whatsoever that it makes her secret identity super obvious.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I love me some Spider-Gwen, but Ghost Spider is the dumbest name unless that blonde hair turns into flames

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

http://spiderbytes.org/2015/04/06/a-ghost-spider-anyphaenidae/

Ghost spider is an actual kind of spider, it's like having a character named Tarantula or Black Widow.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

I love me some Spider-Gwen, but Ghost Spider is the dumbest name unless that blonde hair turns into flames

purple death ray posted:

http://spiderbytes.org/2015/04/06/a-ghost-spider-anyphaenidae/

Ghost spider is an actual kind of spider, it's like having a character named Tarantula or Black Widow.

because it needs emphasis.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Was Spider-Girl not an obvious choice?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's also taken.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Dammit.

*E* What about Spider-Lady?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

IronSaber posted:

Well... Same problem
Also it feels kinda skeevy to call someone Spider-Girl when she went by Spider-Woman so far.

IronSaber posted:

Dammit.

*E* What about Spider-Lady?

Why yes it is taken!
I wasn't really kidding when I said there were 40 different spider themed people around. It's really excessive.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 7, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just as long as we can keep Millar out of this conversation

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IronSaber posted:

Peter Parker started calling himself Spider-Man when he was fifteen, Miles Morales was 13 (though there's other reasons not to name your all new Black Spider-Character Spider-Boy). Assuming Gwen is the same age as 616 Peter Parker she'd be in her late 20's.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I’m disappointed they haven’t gone with Spider-Ma’am

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
L'Arachna

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sticksy posted:

I’m disappointed they haven’t gone with Spider-Ma’am

Again, she's in her late 20's, that becomes insulting for the opposite reason.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Spider-Female

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Wait have they aged Gwen up since I last read? In her comic it seemed like she was still a teen.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

AnonSpore posted:

Spider-Female

Reddits new favorite superhero

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Look, I just need to know if my copyright on Spider-Spider is okay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Spider-Female

Using female as a noun is also not great.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Femme, Spider-Femme
Has some powers but I won't list them
Spins a web? Who's to say
Have to abide by my NDA
Shut up!
About the Spider-Femme

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll be honest, I really love Ghost Spider as a name. It's cool and her costume is mostly white with a hood, like a cheesy ghost costume.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So that's Gogo from Big Hero 6 and you can't pretend it's anyone else.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 8, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Doesn't Gogo have weird wheels or something on her boots, I dunno I've never watched the movie

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Gogo has short black hair with purple highlights and it is kind of weird that they just cribbed that for Daisy.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Gogo has short black hair with purple highlights and it is kind of weird that they just cribbed that for Daisy.

Add it to the list. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/colored-streaks-on-asian-women-the-damaging-trope_us_580a54f5e4b0b1bd89fdb1b8

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yukio is a real reach there. She’s all red at least.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like the fact that Quake seems to be (part) Asian. They probably did that to reflect Chloe Bennet. Even though that doesn't really look like her at all.
Or was Daisy's mother always Asian? She doesn't really look like it in the comics.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like the fact that Quake seems to be (part) Asian. They probably did that to reflect Chloe Bennet. Even though that doesn't really look like her at all.
Or was Daisy's mother always Asian? She doesn't really look like it in the comics.

I know it was at least retconned to be true in the comics(They made the prostitute that Zabo knocked up an Inhuman and asian.). But I believe that was after the show started going down that path.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/nerdypoc/status/939568154661007367

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

cant cook creole bream posted:

Did Stacey have pink streaks before at some point, or did she steal that hairdo from the other Gwen?

She didn't, which is just. Really confusing. She's Spider-Gwen but nobody calls her that and she also looks like Gwenpool now who has no relation to Gwen Stacy or Deadpool except she looks like them and has a similar name. And now Spider-Gwen is actually Ghost-Spider but still probably going to be referred to as Spider-Gwen but not in-fiction and she looks like Gwenpool but has no relation and :psyduck:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Well that is visually very, very nice. Completely unexpected. So they are adapting Spider-verse?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

please no morlun

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man I don't know what they did to the framerate but the herky-jerkiness is throwing me off. It looks almost like claymation.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It looks like they're emulating stop motion to me.

I'm more bothered by how Miles' face looks like he's from a Telltale game.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Looks visually really interesting. I like Miles' voice, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

It looks like they're emulating stop motion to me.

But... why? Is this a stylistic choice or is it some kind of cost-cutting measure?