Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Reading Freep threads on the End Times led me to this creepily obsessive site full of proposed timelines:

http://www.heavenlysign2017.com/our-pentecost-rapture-timeline.html posted:

I HAVE RAN THE DATES ON JUST ABOUT EVERY SIGNIFICANT CALENDAR DAY ONE COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF. AND AS A RESULT, I AM LOOKING AT 2550 DAY CALCULATIONS THAT GO NOWHERE, OR APPEAR TO HAVE NO HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE AS FAR AS A TIMELINE IS CONCERNED. YOM KIPPUR, TABERNACLES, 8TH DAY SOLEMN ASSEMBLY, PASSOVER, HANUKKAH, CRUCIFIXION, RESURRECTION, ASCENSION, JESUS' BIRTHDATE, JUPITER/VENUS CONVERGENCE, THE SIX DAY WAR, VAYERA, NOAH'S ARK, THE LUNAR ECLIPSES AND BLOOD MOONS, SOLAR ECLIPSES, THE TEMPLE'S DESTRUCTION IN 70 AD, THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE REFORMATION. EVERYTHING SHORT OF TRUMP AND NETANYAHU'S BIRTHDAYS, AND ALL MY CALCULATIONS OF 2550 DAYS TOOK ME NOWHERE. So I color coded all these projections in white as.... not likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Does he do that EVERY MORNING?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If I recall correctly, there is a rapture insurance company that arranges payouts to dependents stranded on Earth after the rapture. Their payment system is supposedly tied to five godly employees who travel randomly selected routes and call a phone number every morning. If only three or fewer call, rapture payments go out through an automated system.

Conservatives are stupid.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

A rare sighting of a Freeper criticizing Moore:

Hey, if you guys can politicize church and religion, then you can suffer the fallout for it too

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

business hammocks posted:

If I recall correctly, there is a rapture insurance company that arranges payouts to dependents stranded on Earth after the rapture. Their payment system is supposedly tied to five godly employees who travel randomly selected routes and call a phone number every morning. If only three or fewer call, rapture payments go out through an automated system.

Conservatives are stupid.

I dunno if this is what you're talking about but it's really funny.

quote:

Get sufficient exercise and rest to be healthy and strong.
Meditate on possible outcomes and how you would respond.
Learn about the Illuminati and the New World Order.
Read history about the Nazi holocaust, since the coming holocaust of Jews and Christians may be much worse.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Really long OP so I'll just post a link: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/3611322/posts

With Jerusalem Recognized as Israel's Capital, The Tribulation Clock Begins Tick, Tick, Tick
A Christian's Worldview ^ | December 6, 2007 | Chuck Ness

...2007?

I knew they were living in the past, but I always assumed it was further back than that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Prism posted:

...2007?

I knew they were living in the past, but I always assumed it was further back than that.

They stopped counting time in a vain attempt to deny the Obama presidency happened.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

At this point the Freeper history book just goes Reagan -> 9/11 (the Benghazi one) -> Trump beating the Clintons

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

'The US has crossed all the red lines': Head of Egypt's Coptic Church and Palestinian President

quote:

To: Oshkalaboomboom
Whatever Coptsuckers...

11 posted on 12/10/2017, 4:30:36 AM by Vendome (I've Gotta Be Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-pk2vZG2M)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
That one took a lot of thought, it seems.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Congrats everyone, we managed to completely destabilize the mideast including our allies. Wrap it up, game's over. The Orb wins again

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
*furiously Googles menarche stats*

quote:

To begin with, a pedophile is a person who sexually assaults a pre-pubescent child, not a teenage girl who has begun to menstruate, which the VASTLY OVERWHELMING number of 14- and 15-year-old girls have. Most medically normal girls start during the year that they are 12. This study says that 90% of all US girls are menstruating by 13.75 years of age, with a median age of 12.43 years.
So the media slinging around the word "pedophile" doesn't even line up with the accusations.

37 posted on 12/10/2017, 6:56:12 PM by Albion Wilde (I was not elected to continue a failed system. I was elected to change it. --Donald J. Trump)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB9fwJDweaU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wowsers gently caress this freeper.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Well, when you need an out, rewrite the definition

Mustached Demon posted:

Wowsers gently caress this freeper.

Makes me curious as to how many of these assholes are just looking for excuses because "he's one of ours" and how many are because they want to gently caress a minor

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I remember when Trump started hinting that he was okay with gay people, Freep started to almost turn left-wing with how suddenly okay they were with the sodomites. It shouldn’t surprise me that they’re so robotic as to immediately begin defending child molestation once the “good guys” are pedos.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

look, loving a girl at the age of *checks notes* 12.43 isn't wrong, its not like loving another man

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SocketWrench posted:

Makes me curious as to how many of these assholes are just looking for excuses because "he's one of ours" and how many are because they want to gently caress a minor

50/50 I think.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

look, loving a girl at the age of *checks notes* 12.43 isn't wrong†, its not like loving another man

†It's why we have to keep transwomen out of bathrooms, 12-year-old girls are for heteronormative Christian adult men only

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

chitoryu12 posted:

I remember when Trump started hinting that he was okay with gay people, Freep started to almost turn left-wing with how suddenly okay they were with the sodomites. It shouldn’t surprise me that they’re so robotic as to immediately begin defending child molestation once the “good guys” are pedos.

I wonder how much of their Eastasia/Eurasia back and forth is because they're all senile and can't remember what they had for breakfast, let alone what their ideology is supposed to be.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No all human beings are irrational and prone to rationalizing away immoral or contradictory beliefs promoted by a social in-group they identify with.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mantis42 posted:

look, loving a girl at the age of *checks notes* 12.43 isn't wrong, its not like loving another man

If you're drawing the line at menstration, that rabbit hole is a pretty terrible one to go down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well that's the grossest thing I discovered today.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

That was probably the shortest ratio to a wikipedia page loading and me noping the gently caress out. Whelp.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lote posted:

If you're drawing the line at menstration, that rabbit hole is a pretty terrible one to go down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina

oh good, gently caress you

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I wonder how much of their Eastasia/Eurasia back and forth is because they're all senile and can't remember what they had for breakfast, let alone what their ideology is supposed to be.

It's a simple flowchart:

If person is (R) and is going to win a major race, then anything and everything they do is good and just.

If either of those are not true, then they're actually false flag enemies and should be smited.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

VitalSigns posted:

No all human beings are irrational and prone to rationalizing away immoral or contradictory beliefs promoted by a social in-group they identify with.

I identify with the democrats a lot, but I'm more than willing to call them on their bullshit too

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

I identify with the democrats a lot, but I'm more than willing to call them on their bullshit too

Sure, I said "prone to" not "irresistibly compelled to".

Come by the crazy forwards thread for a sampling of pro-sex-assault Democrats and their brain spiders. Or check out one of DemocraticUnderground's threads on good old Al "honk honk" Franken.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

VitalSigns posted:

Sure, I said "prone to" not "irresistibly compelled to".

Come by the crazy forwards thread for a sampling of pro-sex-assault Democrats and their brain spiders. Or check out one of DemocraticUnderground's threads on good old Al "honk honk" Franken.

https://twitter.com/Deborahsolomon/status/938836273292333056

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

This "he's a member of the Blue Team so all his accusers are lying whores paid by Steve Bannon" mentality is a disturbing thing to see from people who are supposedly on our side.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Plinkey posted:

And my friend's kid...Reagan. Yes, after that Reagan.

I think it was brought up in this thread before, but Ronaldo( the footballer) was named for Reagan, and not because his mom cared about his presidency as much as his soap opera antics :haw:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

This "he's a member of the Blue Team so all his accusers are lying whores paid by Steve Bannon" mentality is a disturbing thing to see from people who are supposedly on our side.

That's actually more rational than the DU thread which was discussing the likelihood that Kirsten Gillibrand engineered the whole thing in order to grab the presidency in 2020

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

That's actually more rational than the DU thread which was discussing the likelihood that Kirsten Gillibrand engineered the whole thing in order to grab the presidency in 2020

I posted there for years--right up until 2012 when they started to turn on Obama for not being pure enough.

Considering how quickly they determined that Harris, Booker, Gillibrand, and Duckworth were all unworthy, that doesn't surprise me.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Alter Ego posted:

People mocking conservatives for defending assholes and falling for fake news, then immediately defending Franken and promoting conspiracy theories about sabotage is a whole new level of dissonance that's kinda sad to see.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Alter Ego posted:

Yep, the day Franken resigned I went to Facebook to check on something and the first thing I saw was a post from someone saying "I do have to question why some of the Democrats calling him out receive contributions from Republican and rightwing organizations and individuals."

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Emotional Jimmy Kimmel brings baby son on ‘Live,’ pleads for healthcare reform

Freep has a hard time processing when someone rich deviates from FYGM protocol.

quote:

To: Oshkalaboomboom
Kimmel should be a millionaire. What does he want with government health care?

9 posted on 12/12/2017, 3:11:26 AM by just me (God bless President Trump and the USA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They literally can't understand someone wanting something good for another person without personal gain.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Radish posted:

They literally can't understand someone wanting something good for another person

fyp

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Radish posted:

They literally can't understand someone wanting something good for another person without personal gain.

Doesn't he explicitly say his kid probably would have died if he wasn't rich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Radish posted:

They literally can't understand someone wanting something good