Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Elentor posted:

Well, yeah. He's pretty much indistinguishable from Seiya in the last couple chapters.

The joke was that shonen heroes are contrary by default, so including it in the description of Garou was unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unless you're also trying to be a contrarian, you don't need to explain a joke to people who went along with it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Translation is out

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Insane chapter, but also I can't believe after all this time he's still writing "Draw By Murata."

Somebody teach this man the word Art.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Insane chapter, but also I can't believe after all this time he's still writing "Draw By Murata."

Somebody teach this man the word Art.

It's not art if he's still re-drawing it as we speak.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
King's reaction to realizing Genos is using Saitama as a reference is perfect.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 8, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does mangastream let you read manga in one shot instead of needing to click through page by page? I never made an account on there so I don't know.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Does mangastream let you read manga in one shot instead of needing to click through page by page? I never made an account on there so I don't know.

no but kissmanga does

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/084---Escalation?id=393511

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

:stare:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like to imagine a cartoon pop noise when that punch reaches Elder Centipede's butt and his butt antennas fly off.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, that's what I use but everyone else suggests batoto all the time so I had to wonder if the issue was just me not having an account on other manga sites.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

We were given an early christmas present

Literally the best action manga/comic book around: One Punch Man

Bonus: It is also really funny

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Sindai posted:

I like to imagine a cartoon pop noise when that punch reaches Elder Centipede's butt and his butt antennas fly off.

I see it as being like when Zelda Boss Worms die, but starting from the head instead of the tail. Each segment explodes, the final one explodes a lot.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
The King Engine is roaring

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

:laffo: @ Genos' acid-proof notebook he's writing in at the end of the chapter. I think his real power is his foresight.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

graham cracker posted:

:laffo: @ Genos' acid-proof notebook he's writing in at the end of the chapter. I think his real power is his foresight.

Foresight is basically the way to make use of the fact that he's modular.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

graham cracker posted:

lmao I missed this

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

This is the best single manga chapter of anything I've read all year. Being more than half a single tankoubon's length is kinda cheating, sure. But if a time traveler had told me me last year that Murata and ONE would team up for 100+ consistently amazing pages then I would tell them to make their lies more believable. The chapter isn't just absurd in the quantity of its content but also the quality and it is amazing.

Elentor posted:

Well, yeah. He's pretty much indistinguishable from Seiya in the last couple chapters.

Son of a bitch.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I don't recall timelines being given about Saitama. How long has he been part of the association and how long was he a hero before joining? I feel like he joined in the last couple of years and before that he'd been unlisted for probably an equal amount of time. If Blast = Saitama, then the question is what happened 2 years ago that stopped him from one punching elder centipede?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, why would you still think blast is saitama?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Suspicious Lump posted:

I don't recall timelines being given about Saitama. How long has he been part of the association and how long was he a hero before joining? I feel like he joined in the last couple of years and before that he'd been unlisted for probably an equal amount of time. If Blast = Saitama, then the question is what happened 2 years ago that stopped him from one punching elder centipede?

Maybe it just wasn't a serious series punch.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Can Saitama even hurt Elder Centipede without completely splattering him?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

Can Saitama even hurt Elder Centipede without completely splattering him?
Using a serious attack implies yes.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Using a serious attack implies yes.

If he didn't use it and a normal punch wasn't enough then King would be hamburger

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Also he was stressed out at being repeatedly taken to school in video games.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's too cruel for one opponent to face both Saitama and King.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
As soon as I saw it was going to be a serious series, I had to turn on Theme of One Punch Man. Song lasted me to the end of the two page spreads.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ha ha ha, he copied Saitama's jumping style.

https://twitter.com/Kinoko62Yocchi/status/938603777644306432

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:allears:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

dis astranagant posted:

If he didn't use it and a normal punch wasn't enough then King would be hamburger

The Serious Punch was because, as King said, Saitama had to use just enough force to splatter Elder Centipede without causing too much collateral damage. Saitama had to put actual serious effort into the punch so it only had enough force to kill Elder Centipede, thus a Serious Punch. If you want pure destructive power he doesn't need to go "Serious Punch" as shown by the punch he throws at Genos during their spar.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus Christ what a chapter more like a volume release.

Cool that finally got a peek at Blast.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, that's what I use but everyone else suggests batoto all the time so I had to wonder if the issue was just me not having an account on other manga sites.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/692-manga-loader

Install ViolentMonkey or TamperMonkey and install that script, enjoy kissmanga style viewing on sites like batoto.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

holy poo poo...uh everything

everythign about that chapter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There is a new god
Atop Mt Fuji he reigns
Murata Sama

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you always have to make things weird

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Just like how Something Awful should be.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Rest well sweet prince, with dreams of monsters to keep you company in your slumber.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 8, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

K I N G's Stand [Saitama] is super strong. No wonder he's the strongest human.