Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Bugsy posted:

If you do that your volatile dead orbs wont do any damage.

I think desecrate is going to be better for VD (lol) than unearth. Unearth does a lot more damage with the projectile hit but to get max corpses you need gmp + cascade, while you just need desecrate + cascade to get the big piles of bodies.

VD + cascade + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Fire Penetration + Concentrated Effect is the 6 links.

Im going to go Berserker.

I feel like there are probably three different builds that will take advantage of VD, the cast on melee kill pretty much builds itself, and should be fantastic for clearing, but probably bad for bosses.

Self casting VD with cascade will depend on how annoying it is to position cascades relative to the corpses, and what the overall ae coverage looks like. If you are fighting a boss you will almost certainly want to supplement this with an unearth totem, but in a 4l it would be hard to generate enough corpses to support cascade VD. Maybe add desecrate to cwdt.

If you use Ancestral Bond to create two VD casting totems, you loose out on Cascade, but you no longer have to worry about targeting. You can supplement your totems with self creating corpses, ideally with spell echo-cascade-desecrate, generating 30 corpses at once then having the freedom to be mobile for a few seconds while desecrate is on cooldown may be strong, or it may be better just to self cast unearth. Needs some testing.

I also haven't given up on cremation, but that is really going to need some testing of its mechanics, and I am concerned it will be bad for clearing. Having to generate corpses and then summon 3 geysers before you start doing any real damage seems slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Vasudus posted:

Pillar of the Caged God will forever be the ultimate theorycrafting trap. Every single league someone will say 'well, now that [x is different, y item is released] now it's time to shine!'

I used to be that guy. Don't be that guy. Don't fall in the trap.

You can't stop me

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036957
rip

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Trade API changes

Tl;dr: unless you're whitelisted API has a 60 second delay to kill sniping tools

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That makes perfect sense.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I did the Baron SRS build last league and got frustrated with the Baron market price skyrocketing higher every day. Will the same thing happen with the Baron this league too?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

neurotech posted:

I did the Baron SRS build last league and got frustrated with the Baron market price skyrocketing higher every day. Will the same thing happen with the Baron this league too?

Yes

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Nuclearmonkee posted:

So with these new items giving free support gems at random everywhere I'm thinking a cast on weapon swap character with 6l equivalent CWDT in every slot is going to own as a 2nd character.

CoWS builds are the best builds. Although, loss of instant leech is a big, big problem for maximum spam.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

nightwisher posted:

CoWS builds are the best builds. Although, loss of instant leech is a big, big problem for maximum spam.

Was thinking of trying it with an ES based occultist regeneraty type. Maximum self owning and death is expected and desirable.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
DAAAAAAMN

Ancestral Call will trigger even if you on't actually hit anything with your attack. Namelock is getting closer and closer to death. Woo!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Cast on weapon swap? How does that work?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Essence of Delirium used on a weapon gives it "Casts Lvl 20 Spectral Spirits on equip" which summons 2 invulnerable floating skulls, similar to SRS. Swapping away from the weapon causes the skulls to desummon, which counts as them dying. You wear a Heartbound Loop, which causes you to take 350 phys damage when a minion dies. Bolt on some CWDT setups and prepare to spam that weaponswap button. Best part of it is that you can weaponswap at any time, evenwhile frozen, even while moving.

edit: Re-reading what I typed reminds me why I loving love this game so much. I couldn't do anything like that in D2/D3

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Fenris13 posted:

If you use Ancestral Bond to create two VD casting totems, you loose out on Cascade, but you no longer have to worry about targeting. You can supplement your totems with self creating corpses, ideally with spell echo-cascade-desecrate, generating 30 corpses at once then having the freedom to be mobile for a few seconds while desecrate is on cooldown may be strong, or it may be better just to self cast unearth. Needs some testing.
I totally forgot spell cascade doesn't work with totems. Seems like this might still work. But you're right, will need to test out some variations of this to see what feels best for me and if it seems to perform well.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Could Wild Strike + Ancestral Call actually be a thing? I like the idea since it reminds me of playing Enhancement Shaman in WoW

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

I feel like there are probably three different builds that will take advantage of VD, the cast on melee kill pretty much builds itself, and should be fantastic for clearing, but probably bad for bosses.

Does it build itself? I hope it's not terrible, because I've always wanted to do CoMK. This is what I've come up with so far. Don't know if it's any good. Thinking either Brainrattler or Doryani's Fist for melee, either the Touch or Ice Crash, since the third wave of IC is slow enough to hit a second time on the CoMK cooldown.

Also, can I get an invite to the guild for NoperGCMines? If I do this stupid plan, I'll need to bum a lot of gems off people.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Noper Q posted:

Also, can I get an invite to the guild for NoperGCMines? If I do this stupid plan, I'll need to bum a lot of gems off people.

Unless you're super min-maxing or just really impatient, just buy them in A6 (or A3 after Library quest).

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

frajaq posted:

Could Wild Strike + Ancestral Call actually be a thing? I like the idea since it reminds me of playing Enhancement Shaman in WoW

No, wild strike has the aoe tag

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Unless you're super min-maxing or just really impatient, just buy them in A6 (or A3 after Library quest).

I am that second one. I hate waiting to play with new toys, so I want to self-cast VD until I can CoMK.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

No, wild strike has the aoe tag

Wild Strike only has the aoe tag on its secondary effect. Its initial melee hit is a simple melee attack and works with Ancestral Call.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Could I grab a guild invite please?

IGN is Zadiel

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

AegisP posted:

Wild Strike only has the aoe tag on its secondary effect. Its initial melee hit is a simple melee attack and works with Ancestral Call.

The coolest interaction here is that you can use Ancestral Call with Static Strike to get 3 explosions stacked up at once. Wear southbound and you can probably do some ridiculous bullshit with worm flask against bosses.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ancestral Call apparently works with flicker strike, by the way

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I'm slightly sad that the way this functions is that it spawns two copies that flicker alongside you, rather than cause your screen to flicker back and forth 3x more often.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

How?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Noper Q posted:

Does it build itself? I hope it's not terrible, because I've always wanted to do CoMK. This is what I've come up with so far. Don't know if it's any good. Thinking either Brainrattler or Doryani's Fist for melee, either the Touch or Ice Crash, since the third wave of IC is slow enough to hit a second time on the CoMK cooldown.

I was referring to the Ngahamas cyclone with comk, I am not really sure if VD is strong enough to support ice crash or unarmed shenanigans.

I wonder how ancestral call works with Slayer's impact. If they work together to create multiple overlapping fields of splash damage, along with potentially overlapping secondary effects, that could get ridiculous.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Could I get a guild invite for GuildFiller please.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

dis astranagant posted:

The coolest interaction here is that you can use Ancestral Call with Static Strike to get 3 explosions stacked up at once. Wear southbound and you can probably do some ridiculous bullshit with worm flask against bosses.

All of a sudden the Static Strike nerfs make perfect sense. I bet people were using a brightbeak on weaponswap with static strike and duration increases, stack up the strikes then weaponswap to a much stronger weapon, and the explosions would deal the swapped weapon's damage.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
invite papalopama please

wanna touch dicks with the 5 hardcore goons

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Fenris13 posted:

I was referring to the Ngahamas cyclone with comk, I am not really sure if VD is strong enough to support ice crash or unarmed shenanigans.

I'm not up on my Ngamahu's mechanics, are the Molten Burst balls considered melee attacks? If not, then any killing blows the balls score won't trigger CoMK.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

I'm not up on my Ngamahu's mechanics, are the Molten Burst balls considered melee attacks? If not, then any killing blows the balls score won't trigger CoMK.

Yes, they're like the Molten Strike balls.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Fenris13 posted:

I wonder how ancestral call works with Slayer's impact. If they work together to create multiple overlapping fields of splash damage, along with potentially overlapping secondary effects, that could get ridiculous.

It was specified that melee splash + ancestral call works how you'd hope it would.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

nightwisher posted:

Essence of Delirium used on a weapon gives it "Casts Lvl 20 Spectral Spirits on equip" which summons 2 invulnerable floating skulls, similar to SRS. Swapping away from the weapon causes the skulls to desummon, which counts as them dying. You wear a Heartbound Loop, which causes you to take 350 phys damage when a minion dies. Bolt on some CWDT setups and prepare to spam that weaponswap button. Best part of it is that you can weaponswap at any time, evenwhile frozen, even while moving.

edit: Re-reading what I typed reminds me why I loving love this game so much. I couldn't do anything like that in D2/D3
hahaha what the gently caress

Path of Exile is the best :allears:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1QMRfEWRY

new box

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Pretty stoked starting the new season. Came back to the game with 3.0 but didn't much like Harbinger (hardly alone in that I guess) but Abyss sounds a lot like Breach, which is cool.

Thinking of picking up Spectal Throw as that skill looks pretty cool on vid. Very likely playing SSF again though, but let's see how that goes.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Do we know how Mirage Archer interacts with Frenzy? Can you fire Mirage Archer-Frenzy one time and maintain frenzy charges that way?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Was auction sniping a big deal last league ?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

current mystery box stuff goes on sale this league right?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

whypick1 posted:

Yes, they're like the Molten Strike balls.

Awesome, sounds like a fun build then.

Way back before 2.0 I had a lot of fun on a Oro's Cyclone CoMK Firestorm marauder, maybe CoMK VD can be my 3rd build of the league or something.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

euphronius posted:

Was auction sniping a big deal last league ?

Only for the 1%ers who could be bothered to deal with it, but yes you could pick stuff up ridiculously cheap if you ran a bot. It's exploitative and stupid whichever way you look at it, and gave a very small % of the player base way to much control over the market. Nobody should be sad to see it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did ngauma cyclone last league and can confirm it owns bones.