Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Seebach posted:

Yes.

I deserved this.

I'm just shocked it worked 7 times to be honest. Yeah I'd be pissed if it happened in a game and lost but if I won with someone doing that on my team I would laugh so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Seebach posted:

I got a 1 week suspension for dying almost 200 times over the course of 11 games as Leoric.

In all fairness I won 7 of those games.

I can't tell if this is just like "hey here's a fun fact about me" or if you're just bragging about how you tried to throw as Leoric but you know he doesn't work like Murky right

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Roll20 did it and who doesn’t want to be like the pros

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What's the hot valla build these days?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Erdricks posted:

What's the hot valla build these days?

It has been q-build for quite a while but it recently got nerfed so nowadays it seems like both q and aa build are quite common depending on the map and comp.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I don't really get the "junkrat is weak" point that keeps popping up. Seems people are letting that go now, but I consistently top both damage and XP with him. Trap build seems weak to me, so the grenade quest is usually what I go for (unless the map/team comp allows for combos or weakness-filling). It really depends on how clumped up the enemies are, but if they generally pile up I strongly recommend the endless nades on lvl 16 instead of spread volley. An alternative would be to pair up rocket ride with spread volley and go the short cool down on rocket ride on lvl 20, as the rhythm of respawning and firing off a ton of nades allows for some really consistent burst damage.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Grei Skuring posted:

I don't really get the "junkrat is weak" point that keeps popping up. Seems people are letting that go now, but I consistently top both damage and XP with him.
Endlessly poking at the enemy with grenades will rack up a lot of damage without really helping your team get kills. Concussion mines do setup kills and does a lot to justify Junkrat's existence.

Rocket Ride's level 20 upgrade is a great way of forcing your team to forever fight 4.5v5.

edit: after browsing hotslogs for a bit, I think Puckish Scamp has the worst winrate of any lvl 20 talent in the game.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 7, 2017

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

Endlessly poking at the enemy with grenades will rack up a lot of damage without really helping your team get kills.

Kinda disagree: sustained damage characters without burst have a place of their own. Zagara and Lunara fall in that same category team fight wise for example. They don't exactly burst people in a matter of seconds but the pressure they put on a support like Uther is real. On a map like Braxis or Volskaya where you often get drawn out team fights it's also a valid strategy, depending on the enemy team comp. (Malf or Lucio don't care about your sustain dmg obviously)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Kinda disagree: sustained damage characters without burst have a place of their own. Zagara and Lunara fall in that same category team fight wise for example.
I wasn't dismissing sustained damage characters per se (Lunara is a fine hero, although several of the most one-sided stomps I've ever seen involved a Lunara on the losing team), more critiquing looking at the damage meter for effectiveness because not all hero damage is equally worthwhile, as you said, depending on the other team's support and the map.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I can't tell if this is just like "hey here's a fun fact about me" or if you're just bragging about how you tried to throw as Leoric but you know he doesn't work like Murky right

Its more that despite removing the talents from him that made this easier, its still possible, and when I get frustrated with stupid people I decide to do this.

THAT and this will probably no longer work with infinite ammo, so I was going out with the proverbial bang.

I'm well aware with how Leoric works and he is my favourite character in HotS.

I don't want to "brag" about just standing at a tower/keep and wailing on it the whole game and making one or more opponents miserable by just having to deal with me while my team (supposedly) is rocking the rest of the game.

I have to imagine though that the game that probably got me suspended out of all of them was a game that had a butcher in it and he reached max stacks about 5 minutes in.

Spudd posted:

I'm just shocked it worked 7 times to be honest. Yeah I'd be pissed if it happened in a game and lost but if I won with someone doing that on my team I would laugh so much.

I don't honestly recommend it.

I'm a little disappointed that I can't go be a Hanjo till next week though.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Seebach posted:

I have to imagine though that the game that probably got me suspended out of all of them was a game that had a butcher in it and he reached max stacks about 5 minutes in.

I'm curious as to what his damage looked like by the end of the game.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Gobbeldygook posted:

Endlessly poking at the enemy with grenades will rack up a lot of damage without really helping your team get kills. Concussion mines do setup kills and does a lot to justify Junkrat's existence.

Rocket Ride's level 20 upgrade is a great way of forcing your team to forever fight 4.5v5.

edit: after browsing hotslogs for a bit, I think Puckish Scamp has the worst winrate of any lvl 20 talent in the game.

I usually go with the larger explosions in level 20, as it helps lower cooldowns further. Puckish Scamp is not part of my normal talent pool. Generally choose rip-tire, but it depends on if I play with a healer or not.

Also, don't assume I simply fling nades meaninglessly. Usually I maneuver so that I can consistently poke backlines, forcing the frontline to either walk into fights without healers/dps or redirect onto me.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Junkrat is really good for making the other team scatter and not clump up, letting your team pick out the people who get too far away.

With Puckish Scamp pretty much every team fight you can separate the enemy team, and then you get a 150% speed mount to fly yourself anywhere on the map, like to push down a random lane no one is watching or to grab that objective that just spawned.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Edit: ^^^^ look at this guy saying what I said in less words. :hfive:

Gobbeldygook posted:

Puckish Scamp may have a low winrate, but you should never be 4.5v5 because you should never be Rocket Riding at the beginning of a team fight.

I think it's best used to chase someone into your team for a pick or to wear down / blow up a team that's already been damaged through a team fight.

Concussion mine can put you right into the back line of a team. Immediately rocket ride and split the enemy team. Push the front line further into your team / chase away the back line. Nail a pick and get right back into it.

Admittedly it's less good on the bigger maps like Braxis since it takes more time to get back to the action.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Rocket Ride is great with mosh pit, VP or RoF but otherwise isn't reliable enough for me. It's pretty easy to miss and then all you did was make it 4v5 for 15 seconds. RiPtire seems more consistent, at least against teams that can't easily focus it down or don't have game sense to.

It's really silly that they are waiting so long for the Christmas event and skins. They should be out first week of December. It's not as fun this way.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think it's really fun to use skins out of season myself. You bet I'm going to rock that Malf skin all year long.

I won't be actually spending shards until the latter days of the event though, when I'm done earning chests.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Rocket ride is great because it denies a kill and does damage while doing so.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

remember posted:

You could just play better and not be dead and still contribute.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Rocket Ride denies you riptire, one of the best ults in the game.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

remember posted:

Unless a Stitches hooks you right as you land. :v:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Rocket Ride is great with mosh pit, VP or RoF but otherwise isn't reliable enough for me. It's pretty easy to miss and then all you did was make it 4v5 for 15 seconds.

Literally one post before you... I'm going to go ahead and quote myself here.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Puckish Scamp may have a low winrate, but you should never be 4.5v5 because you should never be Rocket Riding at the beginning of a team fight.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

No Wave posted:

Rocket Ride denies you riptire, one of the best ults in the game.

Yeah I just find the tire more consistent and useful. Better players than me can probably utilize rocket ride better than I can but I just prefer the tire. Plus it's loving great chasing down people with the tire who thought they made a clean escape because they can't outrun the tire and very few players actually bother to try and attack it

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The tire is also difficult to burst down, if not impossible for most heroes. It has 73% of Murky's health and can't be targeted by hero-only abilities, or any abilities that have significant cast/travel time. For comparison, it has 2.35x as much HP as puffer fish (530/225) and lord knows even puffers sometimes survive in a chaotic teamfight.

Shadowlyger posted:

Unless a Stitches hooks you right as you land. :v:

Supposedly fixed last month

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Junkrat looks cool but I haven't found it very useful to have one on my team and I can't really see myself buying him. They seem to always pop their ult and not finish someone and force you to fight 4v5. Or like someone else said, they spread a bunch of soft damage over the beginning of the fight and then fail to close anything out. The bounce mine is legit but it's rare to see a really good one pulled off. He seems underwhelming in every aspect to me.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So people playing the PTR who was the best counter to Hanzo? When he releases I just want to play that one hero in quick match for easy wins. I'm petty with how much I hate Hanzo.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Spudd posted:

So people playing the PTR who was the best counter to Hanzo? When he releases I just want to play that one hero in quick match for easy wins. I'm petty with how much I hate Hanzo.
Hanzo's worst enemy is Hanzo. Hanzo won't let Hanzo win.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Spudd posted:

My understanding right now is "any character that is not Hanzo".

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Spudd posted:

The answer is Garrosh because you can also throw your own Hanzos to their death.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Literally one post before you... I'm going to go ahead and quote myself here.
Yeah, my point still stands. Unless you secure a kill you're putting your team down. That's not a guarantee.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Making fun of people who get mad that other people in the game arn't ~good~ is as fun as playing the game normally.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That feeling when your QM win bonus is bigger than your base xp:

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Who controls the discord server?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

tcjimbo posted:

Who controls the discord server?

Me

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Do we know when the stealth/laning/tower rework is coming out? Next week?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, next week.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
along with HANJO FOR ALL

can't wait to hanjo it up so goodbad

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Any Stukov bros wanna give me the over under on him and talent builds since the support nerfs? I've been trying to learn some more supports lately for the upcoming MMR changes and I might buy him since I have plenty of gold anyway.

In exchange I got Li Li tips :liliinlove:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Cuatal posted:

Any Stukov bros wanna give me the over under on him and talent builds since the support nerfs? I've been trying to learn some more supports lately for the upcoming MMR changes and I might buy him since I have plenty of gold anyway.

In exchange I got Li Li tips :liliinlove:

Arm build is a trap. Go targeted excision and learn to q w d. As long as you can hit your skillshot, the healing is absurd. Save your e for interrupts.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Erdricks posted:

Arm build is a trap. Go targeted excision and learn to q w d. As long as you can hit your skillshot, the healing is absurd. Save your e for interrupts.

This, but the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Stukov:
level 1 - Growing Infestation (or Fetid Touch)
level 4 - One Good Spread is always a good choice, but if you think the game will go long you can take Vigorous Uptake (it's a quest talent)
level 7 - Within My Reach (Lurking Arm range) is the popular choice, but the cool kids pick Targeted Excision (trait cooldown = more healing)
level 10 - choice between the two Heroics can be dependent on the map and what heroes are on the other team, both are good
level 13 - Lingering Spines is the most popular one, but all level 14 talents are a bit iffy compared to talents all other levels
level 16 - Pox Populi, no doubt. Universal Carrier is a trap
level 20 - free choice

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 8, 2017