Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and Jerusalem – Donald Trump has defied overwhelming global opposition by declaring US recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, but insisted that the highly controversial move would not derail his own administration’s bid to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict"

Telegraph:

Christine Keeler obituary: the woman at the heart of the Profumo affair

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Writer 'tricks' TripAdvisor into making his Dulwich shed number one ranked restaurant in London

Mail:
Mac on...Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fister Roboto posted:

I want to know what all these people think what we, as Americans, get out of recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. What's the incentive, and how could it possibly be worth pissing off millions of other people?

Pissing off Muslims is literally the only reason.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pakled posted:

Pissing off Muslims is literally the only reason.
No, the Rapture thing is really a reason, possibly the main one.
Good point! No more "Season's Greetings! Take that, libs!

Oh if only there was a way to shorten it, so it rolls off the tongue instead of naming each holiday in series. But how do you wish people to enjoy happiness on their respective holidays from their assorted religions all with holidays around the same time of year without assuming which holiday they are celebrating? What would you say? Truly a riddle!

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 7, 2017

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Kennel posted:

Not this poo poo again.

Welcome to hell. We saved you a seat.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

loquacius posted:

The only rhyme from that scene is "it puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again". "It places the lotion in the basket" is also a line from the same scene, and doesn't have a rhyme

Oof, sorry. Thought I remembered that scene better than I did. :corsair:

Christmas Holiday Party!

https://twitter.com/Trump/status/938096022185799687

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The worst ever remains Andrew Jackson. Nixon can duke it out with Reagan for worst of the 20th century.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Johnny Walker posted:

No, the Rapture thing is really a reason, possibly the main one.

Good point! No more "Season's Greetings! Take that, libs!

Oh if only there was a way to shorten it, so it rolls off the tongue instead of naming each holiday in series. But how do you wish people to enjoy happiness on their respective holidays from their assorted religions all with holidays around the same time of year without assuming which holiday they are celebrating? What would you say? Truly a riddle!

That may be why Evangelicals want it, but I doubt Trump's even religious. I guarantee it was sold to him as "this'll really piss off the Muslims."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

A+ work, never occurred to me.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

This is awesome but reminds me that Malcolm just died a couple weeks ago. :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hmm yes, the age of Trump, when neo-naziism and anti-semitism is on the rise.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Broelman:

Rowe 1: On the events of the last week of Parliament.

Rowe 2:

Wilcox:

Pope has a twitter chain of all the marriage equality cartoons he has done over the years, starting with this:
https://twitter.com/davpope/status/938644974282850305

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 7, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Fister Roboto posted:

Kirschen not-particularly-secretly approves of both because they compel Jewish Americans and Europeans to move to Israel, and by their presence give cover for more settlements.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

This thread now owes me $80,000 a year for making this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trapezium Dave posted:

Pope:

Marriage equality passed into law in Australia.

This is wonderful (and sad) :unsmith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cat Mattress posted:

The worst ever remains Andrew Jackson. Nixon can duke it out with Reagan for worst of the 20th century.
Buchanan and Harding, respectively.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Noice.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

D.N. Nation posted:

The only people in human civilization who have ever set foot on the moon crashed a probe into mars because some schlub did the calculation in imperial instead of what NASA was using. USA USA USA

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I have no reason to believe that this isn't an original Kirschen

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pakled posted:

That may be why Evangelicals want it, but I doubt Trump's even religious. I guarantee it was sold to him as "this'll really piss off the Muslims."

Rumor is the only reason he did it is to show he's pro-Israel, unlike Obummer, and no one explained the downsides to him.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

I have no reason to believe that this isn't an original Kirschen

Theres an implication thst jews arent human which kirschen wouldnt approve.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

duz posted:

Rumor is the only reason he did it is to show he's pro-Israel, unlike Obummer, and no one explained the downsides to him.

This would require him believing that his opinions could have downsides. Remember, he knows all the best words.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fister Roboto posted:

I want to know what all these people think what we, as Americans, get out of recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. What's the incentive, and how could it possibly be worth pissing off millions of other people?

Many donations from Sheldon Adelson

oh wait I thought you asked what Trump gets

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Considering that Kirschen is begging for money to stay off the streets, I assume he either lost his job or is paid considerably less than that (which is still too much).

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I think just by effect on his country the worst American president must be Jefferson Davis.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

It's a little under 12 Onkian outside right now, and you nerds are concerned by what letter it's denoted by

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004
You're all missing out on the real conversion this world needs to make: metric time.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

You're all missing out on the real conversion this world needs to make: metric time.

It'll happen once we have more than six people at a given time using a system that doesn't divide nicely into 24-hour chunks.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

The only people in human civilization who have ever set foot on the moon talked about getting there in miles, therefore metric can suck it, QED, address my point, Roll Tide, USA USA USA

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So, this uses both kilometers and nautical miles and feet.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't wait to see him still praising Trump when our privatized wars go into Israel looking for -- oh I don't know, let's say the rumor of gold and "hidden terrorists"?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

You're all missing out on the real conversion this world needs to make: the French revolutionary calendar.

Fixed

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wonder if there are any conservatives who refuse to sing or play "Happy Holidays" because they're now offended by it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

I wonder if there are any conservatives who refuse to sing or play "Happy Holidays" because they're now offended by it.
I'm doing retail this season and there are people who say Merry Christmas in a way that makes it seem like a challenge. Like they're the last defenders of Christmas in some kind of Festivus apocalypse.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jackoff is such a dumbass. Is he still begging for money online? Last thing I saw, he and his wife were hard up for dough

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm doing retail this season and there are people who say Merry Christmas in a way that makes it seem like a challenge. Like they're the last defenders of Christmas in some kind of Festivus apocalypse.

They tend to get angrier if you just go have a good day and don't even act like their battle cry matters more than actually utter the horror that is Happy Holidays.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I wish them good luck for the coming year

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fulchrum posted:

Itt Americans whine and use lovely arguments to defend a outdated, illogical and arbitrary system, then wonder why you still have the electoral college.

If you don't have feet, arms, hands, how do you type? I mean, I doubt you have stones either.
Don't think about this furlong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Congressman Beauregard Peabody Decolletage IV of Indianskullmound, Alabama says: "This godless assault on our most sacred of institutions must end, America will always get thirteen knuckles to the Jew's cup and four and a half Irish bellows to an eggholder. This French tyranny must end!"

• Locked thread