Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Does this mean that he was some sort of rape demon or does it mean his transgressions were relatively insignificant? I'm guessing the former.

Dudes a furry, yiffy!

edit: most sfw yiff image I could find.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boon posted:

Those three countries almost certainly are largely responsible for setting the conditions for fascism to take hold following the Treaty of Versailles. In the case of France, they literally held Germany hostage in the 20s

the treaty of versailles wasn't the reason facism took hold, except to the extent the allies agreed to an armistace before occupying germany

also the french should have held germany hostage a little more firmly rather than less

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
My Franks guess:

Secret consensual gay relationship between consenting adults

There's no room for that kind of thing in the Republican party

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

on Trump's McDonald's eating habits: there is NO WAY anyone can convince me he "doesn't eat the buns" of his burgers. the man has no impulse control. hell he probably eats half the wrapper as he crams that stuff down his throat the second he sees food past the wax paper.

Actually I could see him not eating the buns. Not for any health reasons, but just because the guy is rich and has already shown some weird food issues. If he does skip them it's definitely an ocd thing and not a health thing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

if that includes moore, whoa boy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My Franks guess:

Secret consensual gay relationship between consenting adults

There's no room for that kind of thing in the Republican party

he just had a wide stance, ok?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

The idea that fascism Rose because of sanction is kind reductive

evilweasel posted:

the treaty of versailles wasn't the reason facism took hold, except to the extent the allies agreed to an armistace before occupying germany

also the french should have held germany hostage a little more firmly rather than less

It rose because there were a confluence of factors that the allies accelerated to a fever pitch.
- Massive unemployment for returning veterans following WW1
- Incredible instability and weakness of the Weimar Republic (there was actually a coup at one point - Kapp Putsch) and multiple iterations of the government in a short span
- Rise of communism and a counter ultra nationalism, increasing political violence and assassinations
- Poor central bank policy

This is all enhanced by the allies:
- Outrageous reparation demands including large payments in raw materials and inflexible payments (in Francs, Dollars, Pounds)
- Usury loans, no debt forgiveness
- Literal seizure of German industry (the Ruhr)

Once hyperinflation finally set in there was really only oned way for Germany to go.

Boon fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 8, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bhaal posted:

Trent Franks has the 8th district of AZ, basically north & western phoenix, with republicans winning in landslides or unopposed since 2014.

It also got redistricted to hell and back in 2010.

holy loving poo poo what a ridiculously drawn district

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
The plot thickens...

https://twitter.com/Emma_Dumain/status/938912311871442949

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boon posted:

It rose because there were a confluence of factors that the allies accelerated to a fever pitch.
- Massive unemployment for returning veterans
- Incredible instability and weakness of the Weimar Republic (there was actually a coup at one point - Kapp Putsch)
- Rise of communism and a counter ultra nationalism increasing political violence and assassinations
- Poor central bank policy

This is all enhanced by the allies:
- Outrageous reparation demands
- Usury loans
- Literal seizure of German industry (the Ruhr)

Led to hyperinflation and the unraveling of the German society

Hyperinflation was caused not by the reparation demands being outrageous (and as a percentage of GDP they were not) but because the government was politically unable to raise taxes to fund them so it printed money instead. And reparations weren't, like, crazy: Germany had spent the entire war wrecking French territory and none of the war was fought on German territory. Now, they probably weren't the best policy politically, but they weren't like a moral outrage and they were nowhere near as onerous as German propaganda made them seem.

The Ruhr was seized because Germany just decided to ignore the reparations and the French probably should have seized it again rather than let Hitler ignore the treaty.

oversteer
Jun 6, 2005

Seth Abramson is six hours into a (so far) 103-tweet thread about Erik Prince
If he wasn’t verified I’d say he was a goon

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Jfc, this is going to be really, really bad

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

What would Franks have to do with Hillary's emails?

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

oversteer posted:

must be feisty today after the Washington Post called him out for being a crackpot.

Caros
May 14, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Gotta disagree with you a little here. Having a treaty that was intentionally humiliating to a Germany that largely thought they were getting an armistice was a huge part of what allowed a strongman talking about restoring national power and pride to come to power.

Peace with Honor probably would have prevented a second world war. Peace on crippling terms helped to assure it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Oh gently caress this aint gonna be good.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

oversteer posted:

Maybe I'm just old, but why wouldn't he write it as a blog post somewhere and link to it?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
more deets
https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/938913704074252294

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Seth can poo poo all over Prince as much as he wants & I have zero problem. Prince is a loving shitstain.

https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/938856796168511488?s=17

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Maybe I'm just old, but why wouldn't he write it as a blog post somewhere and link to it?

Wouldn't spread as virally.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i assume its rape. maybe he forced the victim to get an abortion.

poo poo. if its bad enough that the GOP is opening a house investigation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Seth can poo poo all over Prince as much as he wants & I have zero problem. Prince is a loving shitstain.

https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/938856796168511488?s=17

yeah, because he litteraly wants to be viceroy of the american trade federation with slave labor. i am glad this prick is probably hosed.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
House ethics is also looking into Farenthold.

Also the statement for Franks says "sexual harassment and/or retaliation for opposing sexual harassment"

Edit:
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/938914585352069120

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Sometimes I find it hard to believe people really as are evil and greedy as an 80's action movie villain but here we are

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

Also the statement for Franks says "sexual harassment and/or retaliation for opposing sexual harassment"

Edit:

Crikey.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SenAnitaHawkins/status/938835383558828033

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oversteer posted:

the two aren't mutually exclusive

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Oh gently caress this aint gonna be good.

Or......it is :kheldragar:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

HappyHippo posted:

Going to go with "molested someone and then fired her and anyone she reported it to"

Well drat.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Caros posted:

Gotta disagree with you a little here. Having a treaty that was intentionally humiliating to a Germany that largely thought they were getting an armistice was a huge part of what allowed a strongman talking about restoring national power and pride to come to power.

Peace with Honor probably would have prevented a second world war. Peace on crippling terms helped to assure it.

I agree with you on the points you've written here. Where I differ is basically I believe the armistice was a mistake, not the treaty: they should have fought until Germany formally surrendered and never allowed the German government to sell the lie that they didn't lose. After all, what we did to Germany after WWII was a whole lot harsher than Versailles, but because Germany had been beaten beyond dispute there was no resurrection of a stab in the back mythmaking and the desire to give it another shot.

There was no loving way after fighting the entire war in France and Belgium, wrecking the occupied and contested areas something fierce, and only finally getting beaten after the Americans arrived was Germany going to be allowed to march back to their untouched home country and have all forgiven, and then dominate postwar Europe because it hadn't been damaged nearly as much. Peace with honor was never an option: peace with honor would have been an option had they agreed to an armistice before they were beaten. But they were: their troops might all be on foreign territory at the moment of the armistice but the army had lost its fortifications that allowed it to hold against superior numbers, it was in full retreat and couldn't re-establish a trenchline, and the army was broken. The war was lost, the generals just (honorably) gave up once it was over instead of fighting to the death (of someone else), then (dishonorably) lied for the rest of their lives about it.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

HappyHippo posted:

Edit:

Is this a euphemism? I suspect it might be.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

Or......it is :kheldragar:

The deepest, darkest part of my heart says dead hooker so no not really.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Intra-staff surrogacy.

We really are living in the Veep world.

But, like, more rapey.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

Edit:

To be clear, this is Franks' side of the story and I'm quite sure it leaves a lot out.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

HappyHippo posted:

Edit:

Beautiful human submarines.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I was expecting it to be that he sexual assaulted a man, which was why the Republicans were praying for his soul or some poo poo.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ague Proof posted:

What would Franks have to do with Hillary's emails?

Oh god I've heard about this: the kids call it cybersex

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did he threaten them to do it or did he just like, ask?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mustached Demon posted:

The deepest, darkest part of my heart says dead hooker so no not really.

I had been guessing human trafficking, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

HappyHippo posted:

Edit:

"Be a surrogate for my child" is, I'm guessing, a polite paraphrasing of "I'm gonna put a baby in you."

• Locked thread