Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

weird Asian candy posted:

Recently bought a house, a new build, so today was design center day.

Why yes, I would like a heated marble bathroom floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

fishing with the fam posted:

Why yes, I would like a heated marble bathroom floor.

Seriously. And for a low low price of $34,750!

Soooooo many options and upgrades it was daunting. Fun experience though and they catered in lunch. The whole thing took almost 5 hours...woof.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hachi machi

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/938872020732964866

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

axeil posted:

Here's the math (I think). I'll be doing this to try and recreate the scenario as it unfolded.

We know the hero has AA already so remove 2 aces from the deck. There are 4 combos of AA so hero has a .3% chance of drawing this. Remove the 2 aces so 50 possible cards remain. Furthermore we know that the two aces can't be the aces on the flop For simplicity we will assume they are the only cards of that suit in the game.

Villain has some combo of {10, J, Q, K} suited. There are 1,225 remaining hand combos available down from our initial 1,326 as the 2 aces have been removed (50c2). There are 6 suited combos that work {J10, Q10, K10, QJ, KJ, KQ} with 4 suits = 24 possible hands. HOWEVER, we know that 2 of the suits are invalid because the flush draw must be from opposite suits of the 2 aces. So there are only 12 possibilities 12/1,1225 = .98%.

We now have figured that the probability of both players pre-flop having this hand is very small (.3% * .98%) for a combined probability of .003%.

I'd do more work on the flop, river and turn but I need to get back to work.

Villain could possibly only have one of the royal flush cards, because board could have up to four of them. All we know is that he made the royal flush on the river card, and that hero flopped quad aces. So the board was AA plus either two or three of the royal flush cards, and villain's hand was either one or two of the royal flush cards.

But that might not matter. We can treat the five total cards as a group, right? We just need five of those six cards to be either KQJ10 of the first board Ace suit, or KQJ10 of the second board Ace suit, and we don't care about the sixth card... except that we know the sixth card was not the river card.

But this maybe is being too anal about it (lol irony)... what we really care about is "what are the odds an opponent beats your quads aces flop with a royal flush, I think it doesn't matter if the royal flush is completed on the turn or on the river. So we can probably ignore that bit and just go with four of the five cards have to be KQJ10 of one of the two suits, and calculate those odds.

Yes?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

But this maybe is being too anal about it (lol irony)... what we really care about is "what are the odds an opponent beats your quads aces flop with a royal flush, I think it doesn't matter if the royal flush is completed on the turn or on the river. So we can probably ignore that bit and just go with four of the five cards have to be KQJ10 of one of the two suits, and calculate those odds.

Yes?

yeah I think that's correct. The specific scenario doesn't matter. I also assumed that the villain has the correct suit in hand because otherwise I don't really see a way the hand is played out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He has to have at least one of the correct suit in hand. For example, hero could have AhAd, villain has 10s10d, flop comes AsAcJs, hero shoves with quad aces, villain shoves with aces and tens, turn comes Qs, river comes Ks, villain wins with AKQJ10s.
In this example, villain only had one spade in hand, and won with royal flush spades.

So we can't just start from the assumption that villain starts with a suited hand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is the first move, Skynet is playing the long game on killing us all

https://twitter.com/joelrubin/status/938574971852304384

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On the opposite end of this unlikely hand I once beat a guy with quad deuces by getting a straight flush.

On the 2/4 cent limit table in some online room. I'm a high roller. Other than fake money is about the only way that hand happens since if the betting actually mattered I never would have been in to begin with, I had something like 3/4 suited.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

WHOOPS posted:

yo, what are the downsides to this? i’ve lightly looked into new counters and concrete has been very attractive from both a look and price point compared to stone.

I did mine myself because I wanted to learn how to do it. It wasn't bad, but was extremely labor intensive and pretty messy, so I would pay someone else to do it if I ever had to do it again. It really wasn't a difficult task, and can easily be done as a DIY project if you don't mind buying some specialty tools (particularly an orbital polisher). I taught myself how to do it by watching YouTube videos fwiw, but I am pretty skilled in the finish trades.

Apologies that I didn't reply right away, sometimes it's hard to follow the chat thread at work

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

drat

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahahahahaha but seriously don't make fun of people with speech impediments ahahahahahahahahha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Wewww

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Seriously. And for a low low price of $34,750!

Soooooo many options and upgrades it was daunting. Fun experience though and they catered in lunch. The whole thing took almost 5 hours...woof.

Whose the builder? My fam was in this exact space (single family home builder) and i can tell you upgrades is the largest profit margin. Access to a strong GC might save you a ton

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Skwirl posted:

This is the first move, Skynet is playing the long game on killing us all

https://twitter.com/joelrubin/status/938574971852304384

This actually happened to me last year! Thankfully there were cops to stop me from actually going into dangerous territory but I was definitely in a hazardous area. When I was at Apple, we tried to get them to add 'disaster routing' as a feature but it wasn't deemed high priority. I have no idea if that's still the case though.

drat

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My dog got some deer ticks

They are really gross

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My dog got some deer ticks

They are really gross

Ugh, my sister lost the ability to eat red meat from those.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I did mine myself because I wanted to learn how to do it. It wasn't bad, but was extremely labor intensive and pretty messy, so I would pay someone else to do it if I ever had to do it again. It really wasn't a difficult task, and can easily be done as a DIY project if you don't mind buying some specialty tools (particularly an orbital polisher). I taught myself how to do it by watching YouTube videos fwiw, but I am pretty skilled in the finish trades.

Apologies that I didn't reply right away, sometimes it's hard to follow the chat thread at work

no worries my dude, i asked a few pages after myself. i have a pretty basic galley kitchen so it seemed appealing from a DIY standpoint.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I touched a meteor the size of a car today and a dinosaur bone. Vacations own

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Its Rinaldo posted:

I touched a meteor the size of a car today and a dinosaur bone. Vacations own

Not sure if you're actually on vacation or still drunk from before

but really, where are you? I love geology

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

WHOOPS posted:

no worries my dude, i asked a few pages after myself. i have a pretty basic galley kitchen so it seemed appealing from a DIY standpoint.

In that case, I would most definitely go for it. I have 3 sections of counter and a large island, which was a project. You could probably do it in a couple of weekends if you're the persistent type

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Recently bought a house, a new build, so today was design center day.

What could you not possibly live without?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ you

:wink:

Amy Pole Her posted:

Whose the builder? My fam was in this exact space (single family home builder) and i can tell you upgrades is the largest profit margin. Access to a strong GC might save you a ton

Taylor Morrison. We really focused on structural stuff that couldn't be changed later (wall of glass, butler pantry, bathroom in lieu of walk in for our son etc) and splurged a little on floors. It's insane how quickly that crap adds up though.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Somethings going down

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/938896820411031553

https://twitter.com/Emma_Dumain/status/938912311871442949

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Even worse then being Zodiac, SMH

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
He's a member of the HFC, and is a mega anti-abortion dude, so good. gently caress that guy.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/938914585352069120

How

Why

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
This is going to be good.

Oh and if 30 congress people are about to be outed as sexual assaulters I'll go:

21 R: 9 D

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Not sure if you're actually on vacation or still drunk from before

but really, where are you? I love geology

I can be both!

Spent the day at the National History Museum in NYC and now am drinking heavily to celebrate. Sad the minerals and gems exhibit was closed but got to see Lucy the Australopithecus! Also that sauropod skeleton that started the whole bronto/Apatosaurus kerfluffle. Tmorrow Bronx zoo! Unless my legs fall off from running the lenthg of matnahatten every day and getting blind drunk at ngiht

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/938884894977085440

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is extremely my poo poo

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/938902985815576576

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Did Thad ever escape from his stairwell?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/RepTrentFranks/status/938750188562276352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Little did he know...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

nah he died

rip

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The Glumslinger posted:

I have been physically released. My heart and soul remain in my warm concrete and steel womb.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thaddius the Large posted:

I have been physically released. My heart and soul remain in my warm concrete and steel womb.

FOR NOW

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I see death still doesn't stop people from shitposting!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

I see death still doesn't stop people from shitposting!

What is dead may never die, but rises again shittier and postier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

What is dead may never die, but rises again shittier and postier.

I got that chili cooking right now and god drat goes it smell good.

Thanks again for the recipe!

• Locked thread