Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
You put the smile backwards. She thinks you just really like all of the emojis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

eSporks posted:

Hey goons, I matched with a girl on tinder who had the common facebook interest of Twin Peaks. Her profile asked the question "what is your favorite emoji?"
I sent her the message "(-: ALL" and got no response. Whats wrong with her and how many days should I wait before asking her out to coffee and cherry pie?

She probably went and killed all of her friends, you jerk. :mad:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

eSporks posted:

Hey goons, I matched with a girl on tinder who had the common facebook interest of Twin Peaks. Her profile asked the question "what is your favorite emoji?"
I sent her the message "(-: ALL" and got no response. Whats wrong with her and how many days should I wait before asking her out to coffee and cherry pie?

you basically told her you are cool with reprogramming abuse survivors into a shell copy that will love the abuser and do their bidding. but good luck!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Send her this

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

You can't send pictures over Tinder. If I could I'd shortcut this whole thing by sending her a dick pic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Look what the gf got me for my birthday 😍

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's incredibly odd that German amazon doesn't yet have a listing for The Return on DVD or Blu-Ray, and I can't find any release info anywhere else.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You have a good gf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's incredibly odd that German amazon doesn't yet have a listing for The Return on DVD or Blu-Ray, and I can't find any release info anywhere else.

It's supposed to be out today in the UK/Ireland, I'm gonna see if I can get it in HMV

E: I've just remembered HMV are gone out of business 😳

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven’t received my supposedly free one yet and I wanna look at all the extras :( HMV still exists in some places? They have a bunch in London as well as Fopp.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well that just makes it weirder, it's like they've never heard of it here. On the other hand, UK is the same region so sure, that works for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

I haven’t received my supposedly free one yet and I wanna look at all the extras :( HMV still exists in some places? They have a bunch in London as well as Fopp.

They're gone in Ireland I think. They shut down like every six months and get bought by someone else.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Got the blu ray today :)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Pics plz 😍😍

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well that just makes it weirder, it's like they've never heard of it here. On the other hand, UK is the same region so sure, that works for me.

It's really annoying since I want to watch it with my dad. Maybe Sky is holding the German version hostage or something.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Quote-Unquote posted:

Lucky! So hyped for the bonus material on this. <3 <3 <3

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ordered the blu-ray in october, supposed to come today, didn't ship and now temp out of stock on amazon. Good poo poo

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Same thing happened to me. They’re saying it will ship on 21st now. Life goes on, I guess.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Same thing happened to me. They’re saying it will ship on 21st now. Life goes on, I guess.
Same deal here.

Guess I won't be giving myself a present today. :smith:

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Happened to me as well on Amazon, luckily was able to find a Best Buy nearby with copies.

The behind the scenes documentary stuff is incredible. Lovely to see so much of Lynch working!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my copy from CBS this morning. Looks really cool. I like how you can make it look like the show is called TWIN PON PEAKS: A LIMITED EVENTED EVENT SERIES

Time to check out all the special features!!!!!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Apparently my boxset just shipped and should be here on the 5th. Any one else who ordered through Amazon should check on their orders as well to see if they've been updated.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

By the way, this is really cool, and the spelling error is killing me.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

And More posted:

By the way, this is really cool, and the spelling error is killing me.

There's two.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol is that a loving apostrophe

watching through BTS stuff and it’s cool. Wally stuff is SO CUTE

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just picked this up for my dad for Christmas, this artist does some great work. https://twitter.com/PJMcQuade/status/937173841389944832

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Haha I didn't even notice that. She didn't make it herself though so I'm not even gonna mention it to her

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Just getting around to watching Fire Walk With Me for the first time. Man, Sheryl Lee really got put through the wringer in this movie.

I wish I had of watched the movie earlier the first hour alone establishes a lot of things that happen in The Return that you wouldn't get if you only watched the first 2 seasons like I did.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 7, 2017

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Le Saboteur posted:

Just getting around to watching Fire Walk With Me for the first time. Man, Sheryl Lee really got put through the wringer in this movie.

I wish I had of watched the movie earlier the first hour alone establishes a lot of things that happen in The Return that you wouldn't get if you only watched the first 2 seasons like I did.

FWWM is one of those rare movies that I like more with each viewing. It is just something special.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I like that David Lynch's British Columbia is full of fat debauched French Canadians.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HD DAD posted:

FWWM is one of those rare movies that I like more with each viewing. It is just something special.
Yeah the first time I watched it was kind of "eh" but I liked it. The second time I enjoyed it much more.

I'm really curious to see what it looks like after having seen The Return.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Yeah the first time I watched it was kind of "eh" but I liked it. The second time I enjoyed it much more.

I'm really curious to see what it looks like after having seen The Return.

With Annie appearing in Laura's bed it establishes the ability for people to time travel from within the Lodge or at the very least send messages out from it backwards in time. It also establishes early on Dale's quest to save Laura from dying which is the whole crux of The Return series. That wasn't something I was expecting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HD DAD posted:

Same. I didn’t like it the first time but now it’s one of my favorite films.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This thing in the main BTS series of like “alien german narrator who doesn’t understand humanity” is uber pretentious and annoying

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Wait, they got Werner Herzog to narrate?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nah it’s another German dude. I can’t tell if it’s meant to be a parody of Herzog narration or not but it’s really lame.

Basically all I’ve watched over the past two days is footage of David Lynch directing people and I still have like an hour and a half left

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

cptn_dr posted:

Wait, they got Werner Herzog to narrate?

Richard, I respect you as a human being, but the fact that you had a bad childhood or so doesn’t exonerate you and it does not necessarily mean that I have to like you.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

And More posted:

Richard, I respect you as a human being, but the fact that you had a bad childhood or so doesn’t exonerate you and it does not necessarily mean that I have to like you.
I had to stop watching On Death Row with only two episodes left because between that and Into the Abyss it was just too much for me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Met Kimmy Robertson and Harry Goaz at Steel City Con and they were the nicest people, took a few pictures with them and talked with them a few minutes (everyone else was in line for Sherilyn Fenn).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Kale got the golden globe nom for best actor in a limited series but the return didn't get a nod itself

Boo hiss