Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Jamie Madrox still happily living on a farm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah but he'll probably be back when that James Franco comes out.

e: Okay this was supposed to say "when that James Franco film comes out" but clearly Freudian something something

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 8, 2017

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Herr Tog posted:

Is the art 90's bad and is Jubilee still a vampire?

I don't think it's 90's bad - it's bad in a different way. And yes, Jubilee is still a vampire.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Vampire Jubes is so good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jubilee should always be a vampire forever.

Also in Hellcat.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Jamie Madrox still happily living on a farm?

He died in the same mini as Cyclops.

I choose to believe that he actually just sent a bunch of dupes to do the dying for him. Don't hurt my dreams.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

He died in the same mini as Cyclops.

I choose to believe that he actually just sent a bunch of dupes to do the dying for him. Don't hurt my dreams.

None of the dupes had the M tattoo on their face, so those were clearly a fork off of the real Madrox who is alive on his farm with Layla living happily the gently caress ever after.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I love that it's the easiest death to walk back ever, in a universe where death is walked back all the time, and nobody's done it yet because gently caress you, nobody gets to use Madrox again unless they got a drat good reason to.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Of the X-books this year, I think I enjoyed Astonishing the best. Though, in light of the Jim Shooter interview, I agree that it could have been told in half the issues. Gold and blue were a bit ehh to me. Mojo felt like the absolute nadir* of both series, and did no one any favors. G-X was fun, but god that art.
On the topic of X-relationships, I will forever support Kitty/Colossus, so that was nice to see. I'm also glad that every team has it's own Wolverine now(/s).

*Arguably, the Magikal Beast arc was bad too, but nothing tops that lovely epilogue in Mojo where young Scott shits on old Scott again. We get it Marvel writers, we're supposed to think Cyclops was wrongright.

Herr Tog posted:

Is the art 90's bad and is Jubilee still a vampire?

Generation X's art is(was) MSPaint bad. That's not so much a knock at the anatomy(bad though it may be), but a knock at the coloring/inking that makes everything look cheap and overly digital, if that makes any sense. It's one of my favorite examples of cover vs insert art.

cover:

issue 1:

issue 8:

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 9, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I dropped Generation X after a while. It felt directionless, and I don't like Quentin Quire.

Of this year's new X-books:

X-Men: Gold I dropped. Rachel/Nightcrawler weirded me out a bit, and I've already forgotten the plots to every arc past the first.
X-Men: Blue I'm still checking out. It's not amazing, but I enjoy the weird directions they're taking the characters in.
Jean Grey and Weapon X I read an issue of each, but that was probably a mistake.
I'd like Astonishing more if the art was consistent.
The first arc of Cable was fun, and what I always wanted from Cable. And then Ed Brisson took over and it started being garbage.
Iceman has been the big surprise for me of the relaunch for X-Men. The characterization is genuinely great, and how it handles the troubles of a gay man's relationship to his homophobic parents is actually well done.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I don't like Quentin Quire.

monster

Roth posted:

The first arc of Cable was fun, and what I always wanted from Cable. And then Ed Brisson took over and it started being garbage.

Agreed so much here though. That book had the strongest launch of all the new x-books and it fell off for us so goddamned hard. Every single preorder has dropped it since Legacy began.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Newer Mutants has been such a bummer of a storyline.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Ed Brisson's Old Man Logan is also bad but I would put more of the blame there on Mike Deodato who I'm pretty sure just does not give a gently caress anymore.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, Ed Brisson's Iron First is also not that great. So I'm pretty sure Ed Brisson's just not a good writer.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Starsnostars posted:

Ed Brisson's Old Man Logan is also bad but I would put more of the blame there on Mike Deodato who I'm pretty sure just does not give a gently caress anymore.

Deodato never had any fucks to give in the first place, he's always been bad.

Rhyno posted:

monster

Glad I'm not alone in Quire liking

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

We've been pro Quire around here since Wolverine and the X-Men.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I get that there are people who don't like Quire, but I'll never understand why.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He's Damian Wayne; a mean lil' poo poo putting on an rear end in a top hat shell to protect himself, except that unlike Damian, underneath that rear end in a top hat shell he's just a bigger rear end in a top hat.

And this is technically an improvement from the days when he was a pretentious anarchist.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 10, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I've loved Quire ever since the Siege Perilous spat him back out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quentin Quire is what an old out of touch man thinks a rebellious teenager is.

He should be in Champions.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I haven't read Riot at Xavier's since before Wolverine and the X-Men. Same with Assault on Weapon Plus and Remender's X-Force.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Postal Parcel posted:

Generation X's art is(was) MSPaint bad. That's not so much a knock at the anatomy(bad though it may be), but a knock at the coloring/inking that makes everything look cheap and overly digital, if that makes any sense. It's one of my favorite examples of cover vs insert art.

Okay thank you for the effort post. I appreciate you.

Roth posted:

I dropped Generation X after a while. It felt directionless, and I don't like Quentin Quire.

I googled image searched this person gently caress them

For you old men out there I went to high school with this kid. I am loving done with them in my life.

gently caress nuevo gen x too by extension.

Thanks for the thread.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
You went to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yea! Me and synch go way back

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Yea! Me and synch go way back
Synch was dead long before Quentin showed up at a completely different school. :colbert:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Astonishing was the best but felt really decompressed, yeah. I dropped Gold after a while, it started out wobbly and just descended into being awful I feel like. I couldn't get into Blue.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jean Grey is pretty solid, and I'm sorry its going.

Blue and Gold borrowing a lot from old school xmen probably helped me get through it and forgive it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The only X-book I have dropped completely is Old Man Logan because I'm sick to death of Logan and I hate the way OML supplanted Laura, the best Wolverine. Part of my unwavering dedication to some extremely marginal/bad X-books is that I've read the entire franchise and I'm just committed to it now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

The only X-book I have dropped completely is Old Man Logan because I'm sick to death of Logan and I hate the way OML supplanted Laura, the best Wolverine. Part of my unwavering dedication to some extremely marginal/bad X-books is that I've read the entire franchise and I'm just committed to it now.

I got bored with OML in the Last Ronin storyline, it just was so boring and drawn out.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I liked the whole of Lemire's OML but losing Sorrentino really hurt the book as the artists they got in after he moved onto Secret Empire were not as good.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

twistedmentat posted:

I got bored with OML in the Last Ronin storyline, it just was so boring and drawn out.

There's some really good stuff in Lemire's OML but the Last Ronin and especially that final arc were just awful. Well, it's been a whole two years since Wolverine's had a "greatest hits"-themed story arc, time to do another one.

OML vs Brood and vampires was good stuff, though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bought my friend the two parts of Asgard Wars, and the X-Men/Teen Titans one shot for his birthday. Dude has read a lot of X books from the last few decades, but the original Claremont stuff he hasn't really experienced.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Bought my friend the two parts of Asgard Wars, and the X-Men/Teen Titans one shot for his birthday. Dude has read a lot of X books from the last few decades, but the original Claremont stuff he hasn't really experienced.

That's not really what I'd use to introduce him to it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It'd not Claremont quite yet, but I still adore Giant-Size X-Men #1. One of the first "retro" comics I ever read.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Roth posted:

It'd not Claremont quite yet, but I still adore Giant-Size X-Men #1. One of the first "retro" comics I ever read.

Remember when they retconned it so Xavier sent EVEN ANOTHER team there before, never mentioned it, and they all got sent into space when they threw the island into space? Something he knew they were going to do and never mentioned? Dooming all of them to what should have been death? One of them being Cyclops' long lost brother that he never told Scott was still alive?Thus making Xavier a HUGE PRICK? Like, Lexington Steel levels?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

That was the last X-book not written by Claremont for years, but it set the initial lineup and at least half the new X-Men in it have been mainstays ever since.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Covok posted:

Remember when they retconned it so Xavier sent EVEN ANOTHER team there before, never mentioned it, and they all got sent into space when they threw the island into space? Thus making Xavier a HUGE PRICK? Like, Lexington Steel levels?

No idea what you're talking about, there's only ever been two Summers brothers.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Gambit and Adam X, the X-Treme.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Skwirl posted:

Don't you remember the one with omega tier powers who can bend reality or energy or some bullshit and could destroy the universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Covok posted:

Don't you remember the one with omega tier powers who can bend reality or energy or some bullshit and could destroy the universe?

I don't think Adam-X, the X-Treme could do that, dude.