Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wow what a brave guy, now to just check his voting record and take a biiiig sip of coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Godzilla07 posted:

Which YKS episode is this? I remember the tweet that mocked the self-care app, but didn’t look into it until now.

aka the “George Jones Law”

More like George Owns. :cool:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Godzilla07 posted:

“George Jones Law”
I did not know who that is, but yeah, awesome! And probably cheaper than a golf cart.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

How drunk is that?

i think thats about when i realize im drunk

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

drunk driving should remain a crime but if you can out race the cops you get a pardon.

that's basically how nascar got started

Skyscraper posted:

I did not know who that is, but yeah, awesome! And probably cheaper than a golf cart.

a guy who was once told by another person with a $1500/day coke habit that he should lay off the toot

prefect posted:

More like George Owns. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QShJFM7EoCw

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 6, 2017

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yes, country over party *mails Subway coupons to Roy Moore*

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Surely enough, hours after they released that podcast, the tax bill turns out to be so flawed that it accidentally hosed up the one thing it was trying to do: Corporate tax breaks. Whoops! Now they have to re-vote on it and might not get it through because Republicans are loving morons.

haha i'll laugh 'til i die a moderate amount if it turns out Corker only voted No because he actually read enough to realize that

Serf
May 5, 2011

isn't jeff flake projected to lose his next election bigly, meaning that he can pull stunts like this and secure future speaking deals with lib institutions. kinda like mccain but without dying hilariously

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Serf posted:

isn't jeff flake projected to lose his next election bigly, meaning that he can pull stunts like this and secure future speaking deals with lib institutions. kinda like mccain but without dying hilariously

so much so that he already announced he's not running for re-election

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Basically Flake still wants to be feted with speaking tours with other Respectable Organizations, and voting for giant tax cuts for billionaires doesn't jeopardize that.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What actually motivates Jeff Flake to do something like that? Nevermind the lolworthy donation amount of 100 dollars from someone who probably has a net worth of millions. But do these people understand that the liberals/left are not going to give them a round of applause and celebrate them because they went against drumpf that one time.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

What actually motivates Jeff Flake to do something like that? Nevermind the lolworthy donation amount of 100 dollars from someone who probably has a net worth of millions. But do these people understand that the liberals/left are not going to give them a round of applause and celebrate them because they went against drumpf that one time.

David Frum is currently Senior Editor at The Atlantic, Ana Navarro is one of CNN's top talking heads, and the media adores Ben Sasse. Jeff Flake will get his own MSNBC show after this is all over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

did you know he can sell books for money?

He's got a fantastic grift where he gets sunday show slots and book sales as ~the republican standing up to Trumpism~ but also voting with Trump's agenda almost 100% of the time.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Maybe not the actual left but #resistance libs absolutely will.

For fucks sake the Pod Save America guys think they and Bill Kristol are on the same team now.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

It's a dogwhistle attack on poor southerner conservatives, he's saying he doesn't give a poo poo about supporting Christians or restricting aborting rights, he's only a right winger for the regressive tax policies. Could be useful if he's trying to line up corporate speaking gigs. Maybe there's some benefit to scoring points with airheads who treat politics as a sport but I can't really think of any. Nobody is buying this guys book because of one tweet that he made.

Either that or he knows he's bowing out of politics and figures it's worth the 100$ to see his name in the news.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 6, 2017

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Settlementstomper58 caught me off-guard.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Rhesus Pieces posted:

For fucks sake the Pod Save America guys think they and Bill Kristol are on the same team now.

hate this timeline

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

They are.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

#resistance types have been rehabilitating George W Bush.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/21logician/status/938531635082989569

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, been there a year and every woman in Budapest has swiped left on him already.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

TetsuoTW posted:

#resistance types have been rehabilitating George W Bush.

They also keep getting arrested in Congressional offices in protests this week. How many movies has Matt watched today?

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neon Belly posted:

They also keep getting arrested in Congressional offices in protests this week. How many movies has Matt watched today?

I don't think people going out there getting arrested meet the #resistance stereotype that they joke about on the cast. That would more be someone like Keith Olbermann. Im pretty sure Matt would applaud them on some level and admit that he is not an activist.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I doubt that the kind of people that would actually protest or put themselves at risk are the same ones pining for the days of Dubya.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
congressional office protesters : #resistance twitter :: lana del raytheon : leftist twitter

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, if affluent liberals want to stage dramatic protests because they won't have their life wrecked because of it, more power to them. Far better than screeching THIS IS NOT NORMAL every time Trump puts a filet-o-fish between two hamburger patties.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/JoshMalina/status/938814874838114304

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, if affluent liberals want to stage dramatic protests because they won't have their life wrecked because of it, more power to them. Far better than screeching THIS IS NOT NORMAL every time Trump puts a filet-o-fish between two hamburger patties.

the fillet o fish, to be fair, is absolutely not normal and no one who eats them should be trusted

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

the fillet o fish, to be fair, is absolutely not normal and no one who eats them should be trusted

let alone two, along with two big macs, every loving day

I made the mistake of eating two big macs once when I got a surprise 2 for 1 deal and the next morning it felt like there was a cannonball in my stomach.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Since Chapo isn't out yet, I foolish chose to listen to PSA and I learned they loving tried to go to Cheesecake Factory while in SF for their live show. I'm loving livid. But am I more mad at their terrible taste or me for listening?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

Since Chapo isn't out yet, I foolish chose to listen to PSA and I learned they loving tried to go to Cheesecake Factory while in SF for their live show. I'm loving livid. But am I more mad at their terrible taste or me for listening?

How can you be shocked that the Cheesecake Factory of political podcasts went to the Cheesecake Factory of restaurants?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
cheesecake factory is for business lunches and business traveling dinners. they only exist next to hotel circles for a reason

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

cheesecake factory is for business lunches and business traveling dinners. they only exist next to hotel circles for a reason

Cheesecake factory is for dumb people who want to go somewhere "fancy" but are afraid of non-chain restaurants and families with young children who want to eat out but not burn any bridges with places they like.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MaxKriegerVG/status/931373170791198720

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

why is that sometimes i click on a post like this and it seems like there should be a thread following it, but the thread is just hidden by twitter's algorithm or whatever

all i can see is stuff that came later

e: another way of asking this is, is the original thread collected anywhere else? because twitter is designed so badly that it can't fulfill its purpose

emdash fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 8, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Weembles posted:

Cheesecake factory is for dumb people who want to go somewhere "fancy" but are afraid of non-chain restaurants and families with young children who want to eat out but not burn any bridges with places they like.

According to Drake, “Cheesecake” is for families that drive Toyota Camrys and go to Disney.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Please lead me through this hellscape, as Virgil did (not Virgil Texas, but Dante's Virgil).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

emdash posted:

why is that sometimes i click on a post like this and it seems like there should be a thread following it, but the thread is just hidden by twitter's algorithm or whatever

all i can see is stuff that came later

e: another way of asking this is, is the original thread collected anywhere else? because twitter is designed so badly that it can't fulfill its purpose

yea for some reason I can't see the actual thread he did and it sounds like a trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donna..... this rules. Your dog owned.

https://twitter.com/donnabrazile/status/938990696702271490