Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Divine Voltron When

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dictator. posted:

how many do you need? i think i've only got 1 from staring in the sky, the others I used for upgrades just came across in chests and by feeding stable doggos

The better armour fairly often wants a chunk to upgrade to highest level - the ancient armour does for starters, IIRC.

I've posted the 100% successful farming method before, but here it is again:

Go to Dueling Peaks (or another high place with a good view of a flat area without mud/water/malice that fragments might sink into).

Make a fire, sit until evening.

Save, quit out of game, reopen game. (This is essential; it resets a counter or something.)

Gaze meditatively over plain (try and make sure the bridge isn't in your field of view; I lost a fragment in the lake that way).

Wait until star falls, mark spot, teleport to nearest shrine/tower, glide/run like hell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Bloop posted:

Fair enough. I should have said great story elements because there is actually as much show as tell and finding remote ruins with a single Wizrobe or things like the unbreached wall with dozens of (mostly) dead guardians on one side of it were more world buildy than probably anything since Majoras Mask

100 years ago Link was a beast, especially since he apparently had less than 13 hearts.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the new dlc looks awesome lol

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DLC pack 2 hitting TONIGHT.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DLC OWNS THIS GAME IS GOTY AGAIN 10/10

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone know what the download size is for the DLC on the switch?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zerilan posted:

Anyone know what the download size is for the DLC on the switch?

the trailer said 2.5 GB I think?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

link gets a motorcycle???? i gotta rework my shipping chart game of the year list

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaubocks posted:

link gets a motorcycle???? i gotta rework my shipping chart game of the year list

is there any links, what are you guys talking about???

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
clip of the trailer from The Game Awards show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ddx5sqj-8

about 1:54 or so for the relevant section.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

there was a trailer just now during the otherwise lovely game awards show

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc

I always figured Ganon would be the one to get the Hyrulian Badass gimmick.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Well I guess I'm not starting Bloodborne or Prey tonight after all.

I wonder when we can download and use it.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8Q5ZoJELQ

this is how I'm reacting to the motorcycle reveal

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I JUST bought Dark Souls 3 yesterday come the gently caress on.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Kaubocks posted:

holy moley you weren't kidding

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean what the gently caress Nintendo I have Xenoblade 2 poo poo to do, don't do this to me
I can't even recall if I bought the season pass, I think I did

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm just hammering the software update button. I need to beeline my way to the motorcycle.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

romanowski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8Q5ZoJELQ

this is how I'm reacting to the motorcycle reveal

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
return to old save or start new game help i'm panicking

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Goddamn, you can summon horses to you.

10/10 dlc

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

When is "tonight"

Can I download it yet???? I wanna play!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It's downloading for me now on Wii U.

edit: FAKE NEWS

snoremac fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 8, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

snoremac posted:

!!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

snoremac posted:

This is the most nefarious sentence.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

poo poo, sorry, I'm wrong. It said "downloading add-on content" and I just assumed. I haven't touched the Wii U in months so it was probably just an old update. New stuff isn't appearing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I wanted something to do with the dragons but MOTORCYCLE IS WAY BETTER THAN THAT

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

snoremac posted:

poo poo, sorry, I'm wrong. It said "downloading add-on content" and I just assumed. I haven't touched the Wii U in months so it was probably just an old update. New stuff isn't appearing.

get the xenoblade outfit while you wait!

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

snoremac posted:

Yeeeeeeep, your post got me all excited so I fired up the ol Wii U. It downloaded surprisingly quickly. I launched the game and found out I had an exciting new side quest about some loving bullshit anime game tie in waiting for me. 🤬🤬🤬

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I keep pressing Check for Updates and it keeps saying I already have the latest version, help, what am I doing wrong :(

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

How do I make it update.

Edit: How do I make it update!

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 8, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

How do I make it update.

Press + on its icon in the main menu, takes you to some options, including Software Update.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've been checking for a Software Update continuously for the past fifteen minutes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I've been checking for a Software Update continuously for the past fifteen minutes.

And i've been doing that for an hour.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Well its updating on the WiiU so I'll see what happens. Even if its the anime stuff I imagine that the real DLC content will unlock at 12am EST like when the game launched.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 8, 2017

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Bloop posted:

Even with all these people saying it was good, you still think your <60 second appraisal is absolutely accurate?

The original Wii with nunchuck are the only time I've felt like they actually work well. I can hit mobilns with arrows from 100 yards, I think I'm fine without them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Right so just to confirm not one person here has first hand confirmation of the update being available...?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I wanted something to do with the dragons but MOTORCYCLE IS WAY BETTER THAN THAT

Ride the motorcycle on a dragon's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?lang=en